Test Cricket Draft 1970-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

• No more than 2 players for any given country
  • Debut AFTER 1970
  • Must select one player from each decade with at least 10 matches played (Exception if debut is in the 2020s)
  • Must pick a team to suit the ground
  • Players must not have played in the same team
  • Must choose at least one player from all of the following countries
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • England
    • Pakistan
    • India
    • Sri Lanka
    • West Indies
    • South Africa
    • Zimbabwe
    • Bangladesh
From 7 am to 11pm you have 8 hours to select a player. If you miss you can make up later.
If you know you're going to be busy please send a pick to someone who's behind you, or myself and I won't read it unless I have to.
If you do come online, please submit your pick before leaving so we can keep the game rolling.

Last edited:
Ill be unavailable all morning and afternoon. Ive PM'd you my next pick.

thanks mate.
Np. Im working but will get it in for you when i get a break. Wont read until then

Warnakulasuriya Patabendige Ushantha Joseph Chaminda Vaas 1990s
whatwhatsaywhat

Code:
#   Player            NAT  BAT BWL DEC  TST  Runs  Ave   100 50  Wkts  Ave   10m  5i   Ct/St
07. Mushfiquur Rahim+ BAN  RHB --- 10s   88  5676  38.09  10 27    -   --.--   -   -  110/15
08. WPUJC Vaas        SL   LHB LFM 90s  111  3089  24.32   1 13  355   29.58   2  12   31/0
10. Waqar Younis      PAK  RHB RF  80s   87  1010  10.20   0  0  373   23.56   5  22   18/0

Last edited:
James Brayshaw selects
Courtney Walsh
he was my next player
He's lucky. Spent a bit of time last contemplating the Walsh and McGrath combo. Broad with 100+ at Lords tipped it.

As did 1984-2001. That's 17 years of WI players I'd be blocking off from selecting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liton Das RedmanWasHere

The Thousand Sunnies
Kumar Sangakkara (2010's)
Jacques Kallis (90's)
Liton Das (2020's, +)

Last edited:
RedmanWasHere I know you're around, I've seen you posting -_-

I know.

Sorry Eth.

Cricket I do feel more out of my depth than footy though so I only really know of the mainstream names.

Keeping it mainstream, Freddie Flintoff.

Time for a reggie double.

Kevin Pietersen (Eng) 00s

Nathan Lyon (Aus) 20s

3. B Lara (WI) 90s
5. K Pietersen (Eng) 00s
8. W Akram (Pak) 80s
10. N Lyon (Aust) 20s

RedmanWasHere

NICE REGGIE!

Gonna get through and take my Zimbabwean. Was hoping Streak would last to me but alas, I must use it on Sean Williams whatwhatsaywhat

Order​
The Thousand Sunnies​
1​
2​
3​
Kumar Sangakkara 00's​
4​
Jacques Kallis 90's​
5​
6​
Sean Williams 10's​
7​
Liton Das (+) 20's​
8​
9​
10​
11​
12th man​

Williams is a good bat who's left arm tweakers are handy at test level, averaging low 40's with the bat and high 40's with the ball. Could he have lasted later? Yeah, definitely but this way I can focus on some of the stronger teams of this era in Australia, New Zealand, England, India, West Indies and Pakistan. I can also still get another Sri Lankan or South African here.

Liton Das is underrated on the world stage. He's very tidy with the gloves and also averages 38 with them on (above his career average of 35). In an era overrun with strong bowlers from strong nations, why wouldn't I wait on them and get the best bats from the weaker nations?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Test Cricket Draft 1970-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back