Test Cricket Draft 1970-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

• No more than 2 players for any given country
  • Debut AFTER 1970
  • Must select one player from each decade with at least 10 matches played (Exception if debut is in the 2020s)
  • Must pick a team to suit the ground
  • Players must not have played in the same team
  • Must choose at least one player from all of the following countries
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • England
    • Pakistan
    • India
    • Sri Lanka
    • West Indies
    • South Africa
    • Zimbabwe
    • Bangladesh
From 7 am to 11pm you have 8 hours to select a player. If you miss you can make up later.
If you know you're going to be busy please send a pick to someone who's behind you, or myself and I won't read it unless I have to.
If you do come online, please submit your pick before leaving so we can keep the game rolling.

Last edited:

Thanks have started with 3 very strong nations though, hard times begin now.
Yep. I've gone for a different strategy but may or may not pay off. I couldn't justify Flower in the first round. Would have taken him with 2nd round but after he was taken I can't justify picking up any Zimbabwe or Bangladesh Players just yet. Too many top tier players that must be snapped up. I'd rather snap one of them up and get a promising up and comer than to risk out on a mid 30s batter for the sake of filling the team.

Yep. I've gone for a different strategy but may or may not pay off. I couldn't justify Flower in the first round. Would have taken him with 2nd round but after he was taken I can't justify picking up any Zimbabwe or Bangladesh Players just yet. Too many top tier players that must be snapped up. I'd rather snap one of them up and get a promising up and comer than to risk out on a mid 30s batter for the sake of filling the team.
honestly, i felt that given how good Flower was at his peak, combined with being from Zimbabwe made him worth it in the first round.

honestly, i felt that given how good Flower was at his peak, combined with being from Zimbabwe made him worth it in the first round.
Late first round, not at #4

Warne had to be top 5

This was the top 20

The bolded would be a priority for my team. Knowing we had 15 players getting a key player was important. I went Muttiah because I missed Warne, I picked up the best available keeper, then the best available batsman.

Even then Broad and Anderson, Lillee were both high priorities before Flower for mine.

Shane Warne
Malcolm Marshall
Vivian Richards
Muthiah Muralidaran
Richard Hadlee
Glenn McGrath
Shakib Al Hasan
Curtly Ambrose
Sachin Tendulkar
Andy Flower
Waqar Younis
Adam Gilchrist
Jacques Kallis
Michael Hussey
Wasim Akram
Brian Lara
Joel Garner
Kumar Sangakkara
Tamin Iqbai

I agree , You will have to have a Bangladesh or Zimbabwe player in the 11, so better snap up the good ones.

I agree , You will have to have a Bangladesh or Zimbabwe player in the 11, so better snap up the good ones.
But it comes down to the value you lose from the top tier players. I didn't think he was worth my first pick at #4 and with him gone there were maybe a couple of strategic picks but you miss out on the best players. Another thing. A 30-40 average is great and all but you also want a player who can go on to big scores.

But it comes down to the value you lose from the top tier players. I didn't think he was worth my first pick at #4 and with him gone there were maybe a couple of strategic picks but you miss out on the best players. Another thing. A 30-40 average is great and all but you also want a player who can go on to big scores.

Andy Flower was pretty good to be fair , maybe not pick 4 , but 4500 ish runs at 52 pretty good.

But yeah I wanted the best possible pick one, but now I have a 12 worked out, so if you can all leave my guys alone thanks.

Allan Donald 90s
james brayshaw

Code:
#   Player            NAT  BAT BWL DEC  TST  Runs  Ave   100 50  Wkts  Ave   10m  5i   Ct/St
07. Mushfiquur Rahim+ BAN  RHB --- 10s   88  5676  38.09  10 27    -   --.--   -   -  110/15
08. WPUJC Vaas        SL   LHB LFM 90s  111  3089  24.32   1 13  355   29.58   2  12   31/0
10. Waqar Younis      PAK  RHB RF  80s   87  1010  10.20   0  0  373   23.56   5  22   18/0
11. AA Donald         SA   RHB RF  90s   72   652  10.68   0  0  330   22.25   3  20   18/0

Last edited:
Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flower is the second best keeper/bat of all time. Given the criterion I would have picked him ahead of Gilly, who you know was my second choice to Kallis.

Flower is the second best keeper/bat of all time. Given the criterion I would have picked him ahead of Gilly, who you know was my second choice to Kallis.
Not disagreeing. Just saying if Flower is 100 and iqbai is 90. the next best players are 60. The drop is huge.

Not disagreeing. Just saying if Flower is 100 and iqbai is 90. the next best players are 60. The drop is huge.
Iqbal is closer to Williams/Das/Mushfiqur than he is to Flower. If Flower is 100, Shakib would be 95 then the others low 70's. Maybe Streak in the 80's.

Iqbal is closer to Williams/Das/Mushfiqur than he is to Flower. If Flower is 100, Shakib would be 95 then the others low 70's. Maybe Streak in the 80's.
Yeah, just going off the vibe. But don't disagree. I'm banking on the top teir players + a Zim or Ban project player is better than a mid tier zim or Ban player + 2nd tier players.

I'm thinking going for the latter, and ending up with Justin Langer as less appealing.

My thinking is that if you don’t grab your zimbok or Bangladeshi earlier you will be stuck with a low 30s or even 20s average batter. Brendan Taylor could be the best remaining Zimbabwean

Sri Lanka bit better but I still think Vaas was worth grabbing though probably could have waited a bit later. Donald slipping this far made up for grabbing Vaas early. But in every draft there are players who slip way further than you expect.

Yeah, just going off the vibe. But don't disagree. I'm banking on the top teir players + a Zim or Ban project player is better than a mid tier zim or Ban player + 2nd tier players.

I'm thinking going for the latter, and ending up with Justin Langer as less appealing.
Eh. Bangladesh probably have 5/6 genuinely very good players with Shakib a level above them. Zimbabwe the same with Flower a level above too.

With Iqbal, Mushfiqur and Das gone on one side and Williams, Masakadza and Streak on the other there aren't a lot of options left. I've taken players from arguably the three weakest nations of the era (if we acknowledge that the West Indies of the 70's and 80's are genuinely insane).

My thinking is that if you don’t grab your zimbok or Bangladeshi earlier you will be stuck with a low 30s or even 20s average batter. Brendan Taylor could be the best remaining Zimbabwean

Sri Lanka bit better but I still think Vaas was worth grabbing though probably could have waited a bit later. Donald slipping this far made up for grabbing Vaas early. But in every draft there are players who slip way further than you expect.
Yeah, Sri Lanka have three genuine stars (Sanga, Jayawardena and Murali) followed by a dozen very good test cricketers which Vaas is at the top of. I was very keen to get Sanga for that reason. His stats when playing as a bat only were insane.

I almost went Taylor too haha.

Eh. Bangladesh probably have 5/6 genuinely very good players with Shakib a level above them. Zimbabwe the same with Flower a level above too.

With Iqbal, Mushfiqur and Das gone on one side and Williams, Masakadza and Streak on the other there aren't a lot of options left. I've taken players from arguably the three weakest nations of the era (if we acknowledge that the West Indies of the 70's and 80's are genuinely insane).
Hence my first two picks for a Bangladesh and then Zimbabwe player. Then worrying around the rest later

Remove this Banner Ad

Test Cricket Draft 1970-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back