Test Cricket Draft 1970-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

• No more than 2 players for any given country
  • Debut AFTER 1970
  • Must select one player from each decade with at least 10 matches played (Exception if debut is in the 2020s)
  • Must pick a team to suit the ground
  • Players must not have played in the same team
  • Must choose at least one player from all of the following countries
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • England
    • Pakistan
    • India
    • Sri Lanka
    • West Indies
    • South Africa
    • Zimbabwe
    • Bangladesh
From 7 am to 11pm you have 8 hours to select a player. If you miss you can make up later.
If you know you're going to be busy please send a pick to someone who's behind you, or myself and I won't read it unless I have to.
If you do come online, please submit your pick before leaving so we can keep the game rolling.

Last edited:
I was basing my selections on inclusion in the 12
I was basing mine the other way.

Defeats the purpose of having to pick from each country if you don't have to actually play one imo.

Can't keep changing rules , it never said they had to be in the XI
Which rules have we changed so far?

No where in the rules does it say we're pick more than a starting XI

While true the Google docs sheet has had the list made out to 12 selections each.

While true the Google docs sheet has had the list made out to 12 selections each.
I hadn't looked at them at all to be honest.

I just assumed based on the rules we were picking a best XI. And to be fair this is a kick on from the footy draft where we only picked a starting team. No sub, emergencies etc.

I'd never have reached for my Zim/Ban players if I'd known we could just stuff them into a 12th man slot.

I hadn't looked at them at all to be honest.

I just assumed based on the rules we were picking a best XI. And to be fair this is a kick on from the footy draft where we only picked a starting team. No sub, emergencies etc.

I'd never have reached for my Zim/Ban players if I'd known we could just stuff them into a 12th man slot.
I hear you. It was a bit ambiguous at the start and I have the reverse problem to you. If I thought the requirement was all nations in the XI I'd have gone down akkaps route and pick both 1-2 as there's barely 10 between both nations that'd be great to good players.

Ahh good point 😂. Shut up then please . There aren't enough bangladesh zimbabwe players

Ahh good point 😂. Shut up then please . There aren't enough bangladesh zimbabwe players
Hence why I reached.

I'm ok if Purple says I'm wrong. Makes my moral victory even sweeter.

Greg Chappell

OrderCalypso KingsCountryDecade
1​
Sunil GavaskarIndia70s
2​
Sanath JayasuriyaSri Lanka00s
3​
Greg ChappellAustralia80s
4​
5​
6​
7​
Andy FlowerZimbabwe90s
8​
9​
10​
Kagiso RabadaSouth Africa20s
11​
Courtney WalshWest Indies80s
12​

Lingsface

I think in fairness to whoever took Flower early that we have to play one of each team in the 11.
Animated GIF

I think in fairness to whoever took Flower early that we have to play one of each team in the 11.

Boooooo

Flower is a gun.

I said ages ago the Bangladesh player is my 12th
☹️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To restrict my own selections, I'm gonna pick those who are still living as of my picks.

So the likes of Thorpe, Roy, Phillip Hughes and Hansie Cronje are out.

Yeah I am out on that rule

I did consider your last person as a left of field selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Test Cricket Draft 1970-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back