Test Cricket Draft 1970-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

• No more than 2 players for any given country
  • Debut AFTER 1970
  • Must select one player from each decade with at least 10 matches played (Exception if debut is in the 2020s)
  • Must pick a team to suit the ground
  • Players must not have played in the same team
  • Must choose at least one player from all of the following countries
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • England
    • Pakistan
    • India
    • Sri Lanka
    • West Indies
    • South Africa
    • Zimbabwe
    • Bangladesh
From 7 am to 11pm you have 8 hours to select a player. If you miss you can make up later.
If you know you're going to be busy please send a pick to someone who's behind you, or myself and I won't read it unless I have to.
If you do come online, please submit your pick before leaving so we can keep the game rolling.

Last edited:

Im looking for an opener from Pakistan or SA. My computer taking 4eva to boot

computer_says_no.jpg

How about you have Richards and the Bangladesh players can be 12th man 😂
I'm doing it anyway. Was midway through 6th picks (halfway through draft or so) before being clarified. Strategy would have altered drastically otherwise.

I'm doing it anyway. Was midway through 6th picks (halfway through draft or so) before being clarified. Strategy would have altered drastically otherwise.

Good enough for me

This is a good game and all, as an aside what's next? how do we win?

Good enough for me

This is a good game and all, as an aside what's next? how do we win?

Is there some sort match simulation where a computer judges which team wins or do we just judge that ourselves?

My current test line up is.

1. Chris Gayle
4. Allan Border
6. Mahmudullah
7. Kapil Dev
8. Richard Hadlee
9. Daniel Vettori

12th man - Some Zimbo spud that has played at least 10 test matches.

Some great all rounder batting depth and even Chris Gayle and Allan Border can bowl some pretty handy spin.

Is there some sort match simulation where a computer judges which team wins or do we just judge that ourselves?

1. Chris Gayle
4. Allan Border
6. Mahmudullah
7. Kapil Dev
8. Richard Hadlee
9. Daniel Vettori

Some great all rounder batting depth and even Chris Gayle and Allan Border can bowl some pretty handy spin.
I wish there was

Ok, I'll take

Inzamam-ul-Haq

Plugger35

1. Chris Gayle
4. Allan Border
6. Mahmudullah
7. Kapil Dev
8. Richard Hadlee
9. Daniel Vettori

Yeah Border is your main spinner at the moment :p

Yeah Border is your main spinner at the moment :p
I'm not even picking one.

The last 5 Aussie wins at Lord's 21/100 wickets have fallen to spin. Less than the 25% expected for a 3 and 1 pace/spin attack. 6 of those were Marcus North v Pakistan in then neutral test.

Last 10 Eng wins and the figure is 32/199. Most of those in 2 matches. Most of Aus in the neutral game so apart from the odd game that really takes spin (and part timers take the wickets Ali, North, Root etc) most can be won without one at all.

Last edited:
I'm not even picking one.

The last 5 Aussie wins at Lord's 21/100 wickets have fallen to spin. Less than the 25% expected for a 3 and 1 pace/spin attack. 6 of those were Marcus North v Pakistan in then neutral test.

Last 10 Eng wins and the figure is 32/199. Most of those in 2 matches. Most of Aus in the neutral game so apart from the odd game that really takes spin most can be won without one at all.

I've asked the MCG curator to prepare a pitch to suit my team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That rule was intended to be for decade selection when deciding on a decade.

So you couldnt pick 1970s if they only played 4 games but 100 in the 80s. Happy to change if that was understood by the group

Did anyone else read it that way

I deliberately did not pick Richards because of the rule

I need to pick a player from South Africa and a 2020s player so my Pick 7 goes to an up and coming all rounder.

Marco Jansen

He will fit in nicely batting down at no.10 below Daniel Vettori and add to my great batting depth as well as providing left arm pace variety.

Got to grab my Saffer and options for bats are becoming harder. Averaging 60 in England and 56 at Lord's.

Hashim Amla

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gordon Greenidge
3. Hashim Amla
6. Imran Khan
7. Brendan Taylor
9. Stuart Broad
11. Glenn McGrath

Pak: 1
Aus: 1
Eng: 1
Ind: 1
Zim: 1
WI: 1
SA: 1

1970s
1980s
2000s x2
2010s x2
2020s
'
akkaps

Got to grab my Saffer and options for bats are becoming harder. Averaging 60 in England and 56 at Lord's.

Hashim Amla

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gordon Greenidge
3. Hashim Amla
6. Imran Khan
7. Brendan Taylor
9. Stuart Broad
11. Glenn McGrath

Pak: 1
Aus: 1
Eng: 1
Ind: 1