Test Cricket Draft 1970-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

• No more than 2 players for any given country
  • Debut AFTER 1970
  • Must select one player from each decade with at least 10 matches played (Exception if debut is in the 2020s)
  • Must pick a team to suit the ground
  • Players must not have played in the same team
  • Must choose at least one player from all of the following countries
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • England
    • Pakistan
    • India
    • Sri Lanka
    • West Indies
    • South Africa
    • Zimbabwe
    • Bangladesh
From 7 am to 11pm you have 8 hours to select a player. If you miss you can make up later.
If you know you're going to be busy please send a pick to someone who's behind you, or myself and I won't read it unless I have to.
If you do come online, please submit your pick before leaving so we can keep the game rolling.

Last edited:
Gonna need some time. I havebt got a player yet. Its either SA pace bowler or opener but I still need a debut in the 70s and one in the 20s no England or Aus.

Zim and Bang Im just gonna throw in whats left

Gonna need some time. I havebt got a player yet. Its either SA pace bowler or opener but I still need a debut in the 70s and one in the 20s no England or Aus.

Zim and Bang Im just gonna throw in whats left

There's a pace bowler from SA surprised is still there

Is it decade of debut? or could Allan Border have been a 90s pick or had to be 70s?
Whatever you want. Was intended to prevent people just picking particular eras. And everyone's been good with it.

I'm going with Debut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barry Richards cover drive was elite. I'm trying to think of a player with a more perfect stricke for the cover drive. Perhaps Virat Kohli

Hussey, Sangakkara

Barry Richards cover drive was elite. I'm trying to think of a player with a more perfect stricke for the cover drive. Perhaps Virat Kohli

Hookes on debut with one of the best sounding drives on the up.
Took 16 off one Greig (offies) over in the 2nd innings scoring a half century.

Last edited:
I just realized my one double up player must be a 70s debutant cos I can't get him from SA or Zimbabwe.

Hookes on debut with one of the best sounding drives on the up.
Took 16 off one Greig (offies) over in the 2nd innings scoring a half century.

I think Hayden had one of the best Off drives.

Almost talked myself into Scott Boland as an MCG bowler.

Taking a risk as I have a few Indian options so hopefully don't all go and an 80s option, some great batsman left, but really only the SA bowlers x 2 that I would want for pace.

Decided at the MCG with Warnie I don't need a second spinner but need some venom and a local bowler.

So I am taking a second Australian who didn't debut until Warne retired-. Mitchell Johnson (Aus 00s) Left arm and he can just come in and let rip.

Going a bit off the grid and taking someone underrated who bowled well in Australia 41@27 and 14@19 at the MCG and that is Darren Gough (90s).

Both Can also bat a bit.

1. Brendon McCullum NZ 00s
2. Graeme Smith SA 00S
3. Younis Khan PAK 10s
4. Mahela Jayawardene SRL 10S
7. Heath Streak ZIM 90S
8. Mitchell Johnson AUS 00S
9. Shane Warne AUS 90S
10. Darren Gough ENG 90S
11. Colin Croft WI 70S
12thman

Ban, Ind, 80s 20s to go