Test Cricket Draft 1970-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

• No more than 2 players for any given country
  • Debut AFTER 1970
  • Must select one player from each decade with at least 10 matches played (Exception if debut is in the 2020s)
  • Must pick a team to suit the ground
  • Players must not have played in the same team
  • Must choose at least one player from all of the following countries
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • England
    • Pakistan
    • India
    • Sri Lanka
    • West Indies
    • South Africa
    • Zimbabwe
    • Bangladesh
From 7 am to 11pm you have 8 hours to select a player. If you miss you can make up later.
If you know you're going to be busy please send a pick to someone who's behind you, or myself and I won't read it unless I have to.
If you do come online, please submit your pick before leaving so we can keep the game rolling.

Last edited:
I honestly don't give a shit, but he said it earlier in the thread.

Except when he said that they needed to be.

I'm just echoing what he said. I don't give a shit. My team stacks up either way.

Yeah I didn't see that , I just checked the pinned rules sorry. (if I did see it it didn't stick - been working during this 😂)

Fair enough , at the end of the day it's just mucking around anyway.

Not even sure how we win

Well I picked based on my Bangladesh player having to be in the 11 as purple said.

If that rule gets overturned now then I’m fuming.

How's a "rule"that was mentioned on page 6 of a thread as an in fairness to whoever picked Flower and isn't in the rules up the top or mentioned before the 1st pick a rule.

I would have taken Flower pick one otherwise as he is the best by a mile from
both nations . I took Warnie thinking I could carry one dud.

Whichever way we go people are going to annoyed here, I say we just pick the sides.

Perhaps given we have no mechanism to win , there is something more favourable in voting or outcome if you start 10 nations versus one being 12th man.

How's a "rule"that was mentioned on page 6 of a thread as an in fairness to whoever picked Flower and isn't in the rules up the top or mentioned before the 1st pick a rule.

I would have taken Flower pick one otherwise as he is the best by a mile from
both nations . I took Warnie thinking I could carry one dud.

Whichever way we go people are going to annoyed here, I say we just pick the sides.

Perhaps given we have no mechanism to win , there is something more favourable in voting or outcome if you start 10 nations versus one being 12th man.

This is fair

Ultimately though this is a bit of a fun and no one is getting paid to run it so I’m sure we can get over it either way

This is fair

Ultimately though this is a bit of a fun and no one is getting paid to run it so I’m sure we can get over it either way

Yeah look if you all make me put the Banga in so be it 🤣. Doesn't mean I won't argue my case .

But look when we started I thought it was the 12 and so did others, but is what it is .

Like I said maybe a points deduction of some sort if you don't have all 10 in the starting team is a compromise ?

I'll stop arguing now , it's just for fun

yr either going to have one bangla or one zim in yr xi, and the other in yr xii

personally my zim is my 12th and he'll likely be ready to come in when stokes inevitably breaks down with injury ahead of the third test

yr either going to have one bangla or one zim in yr xi, and the other in yr xii

personally my zim is my 12th and he'll likely be ready to come in when stokes inevitably breaks down with injury ahead of the third test

I've been planning on picking a Zim player for my 12th man too, I have a Bangla player in my XI, it should be one or the other.

If people knew from the start they had to pick a Zim player in their XI they would have picked one of their better players earlier.

Which is precisely the point in time I messaged purple and discussed my strategy being on the premise of the XI can be decided however we liked, and I continued selecting with that in mind after he agreed the ambiguity will have disadvantaged some.

This was one of two ambiguities not listed in the rules. 1. Doc spreadsheet had 12 players to be selected. Rules didn't state 12. 2. How we decide our XI was not mandated.

There isn't 11 good Zim/Ban combined let alone needing 30 combined in starting XI's. My Bangladesh spud shouldn't have to be my 4th seamer from here

Are you sticking with Dujon Plugger35

Which is precisely the point in time I messaged purple and discussed my strategy being on the premise of the XI can be decided however we liked, and I continued selecting with that in mind after he agreed the ambiguity will have disadvantaged some.

This was one of two ambiguities not listed in the rules. 1. Doc spreadsheet had 12 players to be selected. Rules didn't state 12. 2. How we decide our XI was not mandated.

There isn't 11 good Zim/Ban combined let alone needing 30 combined in starting XI's. My Bangladesh spud shouldn't have to be my 4th seamer from here

So?

He made one statement in the thread about this. I'm basing it off of that. Am I supposed to just take your word for it otherwise?

Yes if I can, I don't think there are any Zim keepers left who even qualify as Peter Moor has only played 8 tests for Zimbabwe.

Yes if I can, I don't think there are any Zim keepers left who even qualify as Peter Moor has only played 8 tests for Zimbabwe.
He's played over 10 all up. I think that one should be up to Purple to rule on (besides, the difference between Dujon and Moor is negligible at best)

He's played over 10 all up. I think that one should be up to Purple to rule on (besides, the difference between Dujon and Moor is negligible at best)

For someone who doesn't give a shit you are pretty insistent on a "rule" . It is just a game.

Underrating Dujon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So?

He made one statement in the thread about this. I'm basing it off of that. Am I supposed to just take your word for it otherwise?
Feel free to ask him. I messaged him within the next 24 hours and before my next pick came around.

In addition. Looking further into this the premise was to select a ground to base your team off. Bangladesh cricketers COMBINED have 27 wickets in England and have 14 total at my venue Lord's... Which is less than my first pick McGrath alone. So how can I pick one for either batting or bowling when they've barely even played in the nation my ground is in? Zimbabwe have two games at Lord's. None since 2003 and have a combined 20 wickets, which I believe may just pip McGrath...

Just take him. There isn't enough good Zimboks or Bangas to have to take both.

If I had to start a Zimbo player in my XI I would just drop my Banga player Mahmudullah to 12th man so what's the difference?

Moor has played 14 tests and scored 700 runs with no hundreds, 6 fifties and taken 11 catches.

Dujon played 81 tests and scored 3332 runs with 5 hundreds, 16 fifties and taken 267 catches.

I'd hardly say the difference between them is negligible, it's like saying the difference between Gilchrist and Gilkes is negligible.

Above all I hope people had fun with this game. Its the first time Ive done anything like this and in hindsight Id do things differently next time. The 15 coaches with Bangladesh and Zimbabwe made things challenging.

Putting this together and compiling the spreadsheet with eth-dog took work.

Its meant to be a bit of fun so look at your team and marvel how it would stack up.

I was surprised how quick we piled through the picks.

Im seeing some really great teams. I really like Plugger35 team.

Im sure I feel like everyone in that I chose the best spinner available got the best available Keeper, got best available batsman who were all top teir players but as a result I struggled with fast bowlers because others had taken all the guns. With my strategy, leavimg the 70s to late meant I missed most of the best Windies fast bowlers. If I did this again I would address the 70s much sooner given the lack of players from SA,SL,Zim and BNG.

Ideally my quick lineup would be

Lillee
Ambrose
Anderson

Warne

MS Donhi

But then I couldnt get Punter or Smith.

This was always the challenge.

Anyway, thanks for playing. I think my project player Innocent Kaia might be injured so 12th man will get called up :p

Think I might go for a cult figure

Above all I hope people had fun with this game. Its the first time Ive done anything like this and in hindsight Id do things differently next time. The 15 coaches with Bangladesh and Zimbabwe made things challenging.

Its meant to be a bit of fun so look at your team and marvel how it would stack up.

Im sure I feel like everyone in that I chose the best spinner available got the best available Keeper, got best available batsman who were all top teir players but as a result I struggled with fast bowlers because others had taken all the guns. With my strategy, leavimg the 70s to late meant I missed most of the best Windies fast bowlers. If I did this again I would address the 70s much sooner given the lack of players from SA,SL,Zim and BNG.

Lillee
Ambrose
Anderson

Warne

MS Donhi

Anyway, thanks for playing. I think my project player Innocent Kaia might be injured so 12th man will get called up :p

We can firm the rules up when we do the One day International draft

We can firm the rules up when we do the One day International draft
You can host and deal with the complaints haha. I can do the spreadsheet. I like that.

• Debut for every decade
  • One player per A list country, 2 players from all B list countries

Lillee
Ambrose
Anderson

Warne

MS Donhi

Have had a lot of fun, and a lot of frustration at players stolen before my pick.
I'm going with the way I told you privately last week. If Plugger wants Dujon he should take him imo.

Terry Alderman - 1980s

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gordon Greenidge
3. Hashim Amla
4. Mohammad Yousuf
5. Angelo Mathews
6. BJ Watling +
7. Brendan Taylor
8. Imran Khan
9. Stuart Broad
10. Terry Alderman
11. Glenn McGrath

Pak: 2
Aus: 2
Eng: 1
Ind: 1
Zim: 1
WI: 1
SA: 1
NZ: 1
SL: 1

1970s
1980s x2
1990s
2000s x2
2010s x3
2020s x2

akkaps

Dinesh Chandimal

AKNY
1. Hamilton Masakadza ZIM bat rhb/rm
2. Abdullah Shafique PAK bat rhb/ros
3. Ricky Ponting AUS (c) bat rhb/rm
4. Shivnarine Chanderpaul GUY bat lhb/rls
5. Dinesh Chandimal SRI (+) keeper rhb/ros
6. AB de Villiers RSA keeper rhb/rm
7. Ravindra Jadeja IND ar lhb/las
8. Shakib Al Hasan BAN ar lhb/las
9. Merv Hughes AUS bowl rhb/rf
10. Bob Willis ENG bowl rhb/rf
11. Shane Bond NZL bowl rhb/rf

Have had a lot of fun, and a lot of frustration at players stolen before my pick.
I'm going with the way I told you privately last week. If Plugger wants Dujon he should take him imo.

Terry Alderman - 1980s

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gordon Greenidge
3. Hashim Amla
4. Mohammad Yousuf
5. Angelo Mathews
6. BJ Watling +
7. Brendan Taylor
8. Imran Khan
9. Stuart Broad
10. Terry Alderman
11. Glenn McGrath

Pak: 2
Aus: 2
Eng: 1
Ind: 1
Zim: 1
WI: 1
SA: 1
NZ: 1
SL: 1

1970s
1980s x2
1990s
2000s x2
2010s x3
2020s x2

akkaps
I tossed up between him and Harris. Gun in England.

My team if I can pick Jeff Dujon.

1. Chris Gayle
2. Azhar Ali
3. Aravinda de Silva
4. Allan Border
5. Mahmudullah
6. Jeff Dujon
7. Kapil Dev
8. Richard Hadlee
9. Daniel Vettori
10. Marco Jansen
11. Steve Harmison

12th man - A Zim player that has played 10 tests or more.

Pretty happy with that team, it has good batting depth with plenty of bowling options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Test Cricket Draft 1970-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back