Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No. It's close to it, the one on here was fantastic, but wasn't quite what we were after. We wanted the proper CA shield behind it and a few other minor changes.

Just had a go to creating a Australian One Day Uniform.

A return to the traditional gold colour. All gold pants, like they use to be. With right handers, they will have the Cricket Australia logo looking down at the bowler, and the Southern Cross with the left handers. The caps, helmets and wide brimmed hats will be all green.

Also a few modifications to the Test Uniform. Replacing the gold trim around the neck with green and a gold stripe through the collar. The sleeves would have a gold trim. Under the Cricket Australia logo would be names of the nations competing the Test Series, when it was held and where. So for the upcoming Test Series against South Africa it would say:

AUSTRALIA v SOUTH AFRICA
NOV/DEC 2012
AUSTRALIA

Update
They did include this on this year's shirts.

The initials of the player and the appearance number would appear inside a Cricket Australia shield on the opposite sleeve to the one they bat with.

Bit too much colour on the test IMO.

There are some decent design elements in the ODI, but too much going on for the one shirt.

The One Day Shirt is simple. It is a gold shirt with the Cricket Australia logo on the left hand shoulder, with a large green stripe coming out the top of the logo and across the top of the shirt. The Southern Cross is on the green of the right sleeve. Also included are the usually aspects of the modern one day shirt, players name and number.

With the Test Shirt I just replaced what has currently been made gold with green. Using Green on the trims of the shirt would work better with the Green of the helmets and caps.

I would love for Australia to go back to yellow helmets. They were unique and looked great.
helmet.jpg
Also, what are peoples thoughts on coloured faceguards?

I only like the light grey ones. Any other colour looks silly IMO.

Just had a go to creating a Australian One Day Uniform.

A return to the traditional gold colour. All gold pants, like they use to be. With right handers, they will have the Cricket Australia logo looking down at the bowler, and the Southern Cross with the left handers. The caps, helmets and wide brimmed hats will be all green.

Also a few modifications to the Test Uniform. Replacing the gold trim around the neck with green and a gold stripe through the collar. The sleeves would have a gold trim. Under the Cricket Australia logo would be names of the nations competing the Test Series, when it was held and where. So for the upcoming Test Series against South Africa it would say:

AUSTRALIA v SOUTH AFRICA
NOV/DEC 2012
AUSTRALIA

The initials of the player and the appearance number would appear inside a Cricket Australia shield on the opposite sleeve to the one they bat with.

ODI: Drop the coat of arms on the shoulders (too 90's) and have the shoulders be green with the southern cross on one, ditch the "Australia" everyone should know who the team is so it isn't needed, as well as the front number, it just doesn't work on cricket uniforms. Finally move the front sponsor up to where the Australia is and there isn't a need for one on the back (if a second is needed put it on the sleeve where the coat of arms was. Oh and don't do what is currently being done with the whole reverse design for left and right handers, that is just really horrible, and the only reason it is being done is to appease sponsors (so their brand is always facing the camera when a player is batting).

Test: Shield on the sleeve seems a bit tacky for test match cricket, I currently like the simple embroidery that is used now. Secondly Australia currently play in an off white/light cream not plain white (which looks better IMO), and the collar and sleeve should be the same as the main body, basically an all off white uniform, classic and traditional, the way and australian test uniform should be.

I would love for Australia to go back to yellow helmets. They were unique and looked great.
View attachment 6277
My clubs colors are red and white so I wear this bad boy batting.

0C2D7AB4-E13C-4A8C-8705-A81948F0C98D-691-000000DCDD63FDCF.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masuri helmets are ugly, Albion forever.
Sorry, I'll have to disagree on that one. Masuri helmets don't have the giant grill. The masuri ones look much better IMO.

Anyone notice that in the Australia A game going on at the moment VB has reverted back to an older logo with "Victoria Bitter" in a ring around the VB circle logo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back