Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll buy that if there isn't a scorchers version.
Can't see it on the Scorchers shop. Must have sold out? Only possible explanation. I assume it would have been a popular product.

Can't see it on the Scorchers shop. Must have sold out? Only possible explanation. I assume it would have been a popular product.
They haven't updated there shop in a while, so it could be that. I'm hoping they do soon though, because I want the home shirt badly.

Why is our test shirt so classy yet our limited overs shirts are so shitty?
Because it's very difficult to eff up a shirt that HAS to be white, with a team logo, manufacturer's logo, and two sponsor's logos. Not much scope for effing anything up.

HOLY SHIT guYS YOU CAN BE A ADELAIDE STRIKERS TRAINING BUCKET HAT FOR 40$$$

17125-adelaide-strikers-training-bucket-hat-740.jpg

http://shop.bigbash.com.au/adelaide-strikers-training-bucket-hat-38889.phtml

That's less of a "lad wearing a hat in a nightclub" bucket hat though, it's more of a "purpose-built hat meant to do its purpose of protecting the wearer from the sun's rays" hat

Big bash league has dropped the ball this year, the season starts in 20 odd days and you still cannot buy any of the majestic on field apparal.

But you can buy some more of last year's gear, which they've just found down the back of the proverbial couch, at full price.

That is a big lose for Australian cricket.

For someone that been hit on the head by a cricket ball before, it's just goes to show how fragile the skull is.
They reckon it hit an artery (I'd guess from pictures it hit the carotid artery) and ended up causing some form of blood leak into the skull whilst stopping blood from reaching the brain. A massive massive loss for the game.

They reckon it hit an artery (I'd guess from pictures it hit the carotid artery) and ended up causing some form of blood leak into the skull whilst stopping blood from reaching the brain. A massive massive loss for the game.
Companies like Albion and Gray-Nicolls need to make sure they supply some sort of neck protection with the back of the helmet.

There are articles saying that Hughes was not wearing the latest helmet that is available

I remember picking cricket over footy as a kid because it was safer to play, less injuries, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Companies like Albion and Gray-Nicolls need to make sure they supply some sort of neck protection with the back of the helmet.

There are articles saying that Hughes was not wearing the latest helmet that is available
I remember picking cricket over footy as a kid because it was safer to play, less injuries, etc.

I say this with as much respect as possible and in no way wish to agitate or belittle anything you've said.
Cricketers choose helmets - they even choose whether or not to wear them - based on personal comfort and preference.
Let's remember how freakish this accident is, and only 100 recorded cases of the medical condition that was caused by this incident.
Sure helmets go a long way, and sure they should and will evolve, but covering every possibility of being hit is nigh on impossible.
To create a helmet which also protects the neck from a small solid object coming at variable pace, trajectory, whilst still allowing freedom of movement and comfort in often hot conditions, there's only so much to do.
No cricket helmet covers the neck. The newest one or the first one ever used. And remember they've been developed over the years in consultation with batsmen.

You've probably got more cricket experience than me as I've never played a game, but I'd say neck protection would cause a whole other can of worms RE: movement and restriction. Motorsport bringing in the HANS device was highly effective and relatively easy because for the most part a driver is sat facing forward. With cricket, it's not this simple unfortunately. Maybe a shoulder-sat stiff collar of carbon fibre or fibreglass maybe a more realistic option? Then again, maybe this is just a freak accident that was bound to happen eventually...

godammit
now i need the new stars top.

also, that dick smith logo, GTFO, too small

and whats up with the scorchers pants?
one has piping the other doesn't.
That Dick Smith logo is the perfect size, I reckon.

As for the pants, maybe the player on the left put them on backwards and the others didn't want to tell him

As for the pants, maybe the player on the left put them on backwards and the others didn't want to tell him
nah it's not fat enough, needs to be wider, but i suppose it's better than having some completely different colour whacked on the front of the jumper...

Last edited:

The look on Shaun Marsh's face confirms this.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back