Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know anything about him. What has he done to justify a spot in the team. Maybe because a few name players missing.
I assume it has to be partly because of that.

He was captain of the U/19 team and still only 21. Probably most famous for hitting 25 off 11 in the BBL in the partnership that won Perth the final the season before last. He's been 'OK' as a late order smasher since. He made his first class debut in the shield final for WA and hit a pretty brisk 90, which seems to have been enough to confirm to the selectors that the hype was real.

No real problem with him being selected for a tour like this. But I'm not sure about having him batting at 9 as a part time bowler at best.

Not sure what the point is of playing Cooper Connolly in these games.

He's had a Pikky Ya France'esque role in his two games.
One thing CA does occasionally is pick a player they think will make it and give them games.

I don't mind it as a strategy

Good to see Fraser get some runs

I don't know anything about him. What has he done to justify a spot in the team. Maybe because a few name players missing.
It's a nothing competition, with a lot of the senior players sitting it out. The selectors are looking forward to the next round of T20 & ODI World Cups, when many of the veterans will be gone and replacements needed. They're starting the winnowing process, having a look at the options available.

I assume it has to be partly because of that.

He was captain of the U/19 team and still only 21. Probably most famous for hitting 25 off 11 in the BBL in the partnership that won Perth the final the season before last. He's been 'OK' as a late order smasher since. He made his first class debut in the shield final for WA and hit a pretty brisk 90, which seems to have been enough to confirm to the selectors that the hype was real.

No real problem with him being selected for a tour like this. But I'm not sure about having him batting at 9 as a part time bowler at best.
We only have 11 fit players currently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back