Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do people point to his average, and think that it means something?

He's scored 1153 runs, of which 307 came from a 2-match series, against a Sri Lankan team which was barely District Cricket standard. Against all other nations, his average is a pitiful 29.17. How about we start referring to that average, instead of the artificially inflated one?

Not too many test batsmen can sustain a career averaging less than 30.

You cay say barely district cricket level as much as you like - He. Still. Scored. Those. Runs.

You cay say barely district cricket level as much as you like - He. Still. Scored. Those. Runs.
Yeah... but he can't make runs against quality teams.

He's the Port Adelaide of the Australian Cricket Team - downhill skier, who thrashes rubbish teams, but struggles against decent teams.

I haven't checked to see if this is right but it feels right

Every time we would pick two spinners back in the day (Dan Cullen and Cullen Bailey) we would ALWAYS lose the toss and bowl first so that they were largely ineffective Day 1 and didn't get to bowl on the Day 4 pitch.

Every time we go in with 4 quicks we ALWAYS lose the toss and get sent into bat meaning we have to bowl Days 2 and 3 on a road with no spinner.

Just pick 3 quicks and a spinner, dummies

Well, the early wicket was a mirage

Bowling tripe here

Should have picked Pope too with Scott to bowl some mediums if needed. Winter is a non-factor with the Kookaburra ball.
Managed to jag a couple late, Ronald McAndrew seems a good pick-up

OK... here's the comparison with Damien Martyn. Martyn was a good, but not great, middle order batsman.

Martyn
Avg: 46.37 (40+ against everyone except England & Bangladesh)
Innings: 109
50+: 36
100+: 13

Reached 50 every 3.0 innings
Reached 100 every 8.4 innings
Converted 36% of his 50s into 100s.

Comparing him to Steve Smith was unfair - OK, I agree. Martyn is the type of player that we should be using as the yardstick, and Head's record is nowhere close.
How about only comparison to players stats when they were 27, like Head is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have one of Liam Scotts bats, fairly handy middle on it. Was facing a leggie last year and was beaten in the flight and stuck the bat out and thought I'd spooned it to mid off...one bounce just inside the boundary rope later, I almost felt guilty but I still said "that's what that sh*t deserves"
There should be a rule in cricket that all teams must include a leg spinner and he has to bowl his full allotment of overs

Amazing win

Shows you why fielding is so important in T20 cricket, Pakistan dropped easy catches and missed some run outs..... Wade gets his chance and for once takes it.

Have to play better than that to beat the Kiwis.

Shows you why fielding is so important in T20 cricket, Pakistan dropped easy catches and missed some run outs..... Wade gets his chance and for once takes it.

Have to play better than that to beat the Kiwis.
We dropped three catches as well, didn't we?

Some terrible fielding all round - I think the stadium is tough to field in.

We dropped three catches as well, didn't we?

Some terrible fielding all round - I think the stadium is tough to field in.

Only the Steve Smith drop was a bad one, the other two were quite tough, especially Warner's chase of the high ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back