Cricket Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by red+black
Belinda Clark 229* v Denmark
(didn't hear it on the radio)

other possible answers

Darren Lehmann 191
Mark Waugh 173

i seem to recall a south australian scoring about 240* in a one day game in the 80's. can't recall exactly

yeah it has to be Belinda Clark. Lehmann was in county cricket, and the south australian was not in an australian representative match. mark waugh obviously has the highest for an Australian male.

In the 2001 Boxing Day Test Brad Williams was 12th Man for Australia

Who was the last player prior to Williams to be 12th Man in a test and never go on and play a test?

Originally posted by evfenton78
In the 2001 Boxing Day Test Brad Williams was 12th Man for Australia

Who was the last player prior to Williams to be 12th Man in a test and never go on and play a test?

Since then, Nathan Hauritz was 12th man three times in the Test series against Pakistan in 2002.

Who is the only other player to have been 12th man three times for Australia, without ever playing a Test?

Originally posted by DaveW
No. Only first grade cricket with North Melbourne.

Liam Pickering did make the Vic state squad (of about 25 players) around 10 years ago, while he was still playing footy with North. May have played some 2nd XI cricket for Vic, but that's about it. I don't think he played cricket for North Melbourne while playing footy for Geelong, but has recently returned to NMCC after his football retirement (and stuggled a bit).

Todd Breman (former WC/Richmond forward) also played some Sheffield Shield games for WA in the late 80s as a bit of an all-rounder.

Harry Frei, who bowled spin for Qld in the mid 80s also played footy for Footscray in the late 70s.

Originally posted by Becker
Sorry, got that wrong. McCague is the last player to play Test Cricket and SANFL footy ... great trivia question that one.

While we're on that - current SA player Brett Higgins played for Woodville-West Torrens in the SANFL.
From memory he played in both of their recent losing GFs and was a Crows listed player at one stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Dogwatcher
While we're on that - current SA player Brett Higgins played for Woodville-West Torrens in the SANFL.
From memory he played in both of their recent losing GFs and was a Crows listed player at one stage.
South Australia's middle order batsman is Ben Higgins.

Originally posted by MSB ROYS
Ian McMullin played for Collingwood and Essendon. I think he also played cricket for Victoria.

Nup, no profile for any McMullin listed on the Baggy Green site.

There is however a J.Cox who was drafted by Essendon in 1986 from Wynyard in Tasmania... I'm presuming it's Tassie skipper Jamie Cox.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cricket Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back