Cripps or Oliver.

Who is the better player

• P. Cripps

Votes: 338 56.5%
  • C. Oliver

Votes: 260 43.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps is the goat 21st Century Carlton player thus far (definitely gone past Judd) and is on track to becoming a club immortal.

I feel genuinely sorry for Clarry Oliver, I think there is legitimate and undisclosed reasons for his off field issues and reported activities.

He is a troubled young man who needs direction. I don't think Melbourne should trade him, I think they should sack Goodwin and replace him with a coach that doesn't also carry off field addiction and behaviour issues.

Can’t really hate Crippa this year. Reckon he’s having a far better year than his Brownlow year. If he wins this year he actually deserves this one.
The best Cripps we've ever seen is still the Cripps from round 1-10 or so of 2022. He was bordering on unstoppable during that patch. He's been far more consistent this season though.

Cripps is the goat 21st Century Carlton player thus far (definitely gone past Judd) and is on track to becoming a club immortal.

I feel genuinely sorry for Clarry Oliver, I think there is legitimate and undisclosed reasons for his off field issues and reported activities.

He is a troubled young man who needs direction. I don't think Melbourne should trade him, I think they should sack Goodwin and replace him with a coach that doesn't also carry off field addiction and behaviour issues.
lol. a guy that never gets tagged :) Cripps has had about 5 seasons equivalent to Olivers current season. 5. Many years of plodding with multiple excuses offered such as sore back and having to ruck 3 ruck contests a game.

Oliver comfortably.

We all remember the Cripps game against Collingwood in 2022 where he was too slow in making a decision and he got caught holding the ball and resulted in his team not making the finals yet again. Great leadership. Oliver would've got the handball out.

lol. a guy that never gets tagged :) Cripps has had about 5 seasons equivalent to Olivers current season. 5. Many years of plodding with multiple excuses offered such as sore back and having to ruck 3 ruck contests a game.

Oliver comfortably.

We all remember the Cripps game against Collingwood in 2022 where he was too slow in making a decision and he got caught holding the ball and resulted in his team not making the finals yet again. Great leadership. Oliver would've got the handball out.
Name the 5 seasons.

Can’t really hate Crippa this year. Reckon he’s having a far better year than his Brownlow year. If he wins this year he actually deserves this one.
lol Brownlow. He has been better this year than his Brownlow year. But honestly, anyone who values the midfielders medal is a pretty basic person. So flawed. You just have to look at the previous winners. Neale, Prides, Wines etc.

2015, 2017, 2020, 2021, 2023 and to be honest his 2022 year was actually damn average despite the Brownlow (excellent at the start, then poor for 8-10 weeks)
You're really going back to 2015... Practically his first year playing AFL footy and 2 Covid effected seasons?? Has Oliver even had a BOG performance this year?

Spider Man Lol GIF

You're really going back to 2015... Practically his first year playing AFL footy and 2 Covid effected seasons?? Has Oliver even had a BOG performance this year?

Spider Man Lol GIF
why not? you asked me. I told you which years.

Why are you focussing on this year and not the total careers. Oliver has reached the pinnacle. if Cripps is good enough, he'll win the coaches award twice. He still has time. But it's unlikely.

why not? you asked me. I told you which years.

Why are you focussing on this year and not the total careers. Oliver has reached the pinnacle. if Cripps is good enough, he'll win the coaches award twice. He still has time. But it's unlikely.
Oliver is a fat slug who almost got traded for snorting too many bags. If thats reaching the pinnacle then good for him, unfortunately his legacy will forever be tarnished if he doesn't find a way to turn things around.

Oliver is a fat slug who almost got traded for snorting too many bags. If thats reaching the pinnacle then good for him, unfortunately his legacy will forever be tarnished if he doesn't find a way to turn things around.
lol. and still runs faster than plodder Cripps. your inability to look at their total career is nothing short of embarassing. And that's why you yourself said you preferred Oliver. You said that. You were fed up with Cripps being bad. You were fed up with his plodding and inability at impacting the game.

When Oliver is playing bad this season, everyone puts it down to his off-season. When Cripps had one of his poor seasons everyone just accepted that that is Cripps. That's the difference.

Regarding pinnacle, I already mentioned the 2x aflca award. Don't deliberately gloss over it. Cripps hasn’t reached that level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2015, 2017, 2020, 2021, 2023 and to be honest his 2022 year was actually damn average despite the Brownlow (excellent at the start, then poor for 8-10 weeks)
This getting crazy.

In 2015 Cripps won a B&F and polled in 9 games in the coaches award with 3 x BOG. Oliver won’t get anywhere near this.

In 2023 Cripps polled 22 Brownlow votes, was top 20 in the Coaches Votes award and made the AA squad of 40.
Oliver will be lucky to poll a few votes, won’t be top 100 in the coaches award and wouldnt even be discussed in an AA squad of 200. Cripps 23 vs Oliver 24 seasons are polar opposites.

You are just being silly now.

This getting crazy.

In 2015 Cripps won a B&F and polled in 9 games in the coaches award with 3 x BOG. Oliver won’t get anywhere near this.

In 2023 Cripps polled 22 Brownlow votes, was top 20 in the Coaches Votes award and made the AA squad of 40.
Oliver will be lucky to poll a few votes, won’t be top 100 in the coaches award and wouldnt even be discussed in an AA squad of 200. Cripps 23 vs Oliver 24 seasons are polar opposites.

You are just being silly now.
wasn't 2015 when Carlton won the wooden spoon?

Easy to dismiss the leadership aspect, but here we have a player who is a bonafide gun AND a leader of men.

That's a complete package. Oliver's absolute best is ridiculous, but that onfield ability is all he has to be brought in to the comparison.

wasn't 2015 when Carlton won the wooden spoon?
If so it makes getting three BOG’s and 9 games with votes by the coaches for best players on ground pretty damn good for a 20 year old.

So you think Oliver will get to top 20 in coaches votes, poll 22 votes in brownlow and make the AA squad this year?

Back