Toast Cripps (VC), Saad, Charlie named in the 2022 AA side!

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think any of our players deserve to be in the final AA team. We missed the finals, and ultimately when the season was there for the taking they came up short - all of the named players had their role in that as well.

Better they go into the offseason with a chip on their shoulder and are forced to focus on what might have been than they receive individual accolades after falling short when it mattered imo. All had good seasons, and arguably Docherty too... not good enough though.

By Club ...

Fav2TKXX0AA5lBM

I find this kind of award pretty meaningless in a team sport, success in my eyes is judged by team achievements, not individual ones. These awards are just a small distraction.

Looks like they will all make AA...
There is 44 named and rumour is there will be 2 teams this year...

Hope they play each other... That would be better than state of origin imo...
I don't mind the idea of 2 teams, but I wouldn't do a 1st and 2nd team. Just make two equal teams and try to balance them out as though they were playing against each other. Kind of like All-star teams.
Eliminates the stupid talk about such and such isn't good enough for the 1st team, or 2nd team is just a participation award for the ones who aren't good enough to make the team.
It's fairly subjective and there's plenty of players who are always stiff to miss out.
Recognition for being considered one of the best 44 players out of 800 odd (top 5%).
Two reasonably even teams with no ranking. Then people can just debate which team would win if they played.

Do it in a slightly NBA All-star way. Pick the 44. Pick the 2 players as captains of each side, then let the captains choose their sides from the remaining 42 players and they pick their vice captain.
If the AFL can televise it and monetise it, I'm sure they'll be in. Make it part of the bye week before finals and tie it in with the Brownlow fesitivities.
Then get 2 e-sports teams to battle it out with the selected sides on a PS5 or whatever. Can even have the captains playing for a laugh.

A news article seemingly leaked the full AA team.

Adam Saad, Patrick Cripps (vice captain) and Charlie Curnow got jackets.

We'll find out in about half an hour if thats true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Adam Saad!

3x All Australian, Patrick Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back