Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

PuzzledfromParkville

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
Seddon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Age says today we are in the frontline for the second pick on the GWS auction. Apparently that means Crouch. Any thoughts? No idea shone is. Butsurelytje kid could get better prthan comparing himself to Brock MacLean

All in the huddo article. No need to cry over spilt milk there. The kid doesn't want to live in Melbourne anymore. Let him play for vossy's rejects

That hurt my brain reading that post. Mind clearing up what you are talking about? I got Brad Crouch, apparently we are in prime possy for mini draft pick #2, and Brock Mclean..

Also, got a link?

cant find it, this better be legit!

dont think we would take on mcleans contract to be honest, they would have to pay a significant amount

cant find it, this better be legit!

dont think we would take on mcleans contract to be honest, they would have to pay a significant amount

I think he meant that Crouch's playing style is comparable to Mclean's. I hope that is what he meant, anyway. I'll spew if we even look at Mclean.

Did a search at The Age and found nothing :confused:

I suppose a comp pick for Crouch may be considered by the club. Don't know anything about Crouch, but have heard his and O'Meara's name mentioned quite a bit. We definitely have clout to go for him if he's worth it.

If he is a supposed "hard nut" or similar, he may be a fair replacement for Ward. Would soften the blow considerably.

The Age says today we are in the frontline for the second pick on the GWS auction. Apparently that means Crouch. Any thoughts? No idea shone is. Butsurelytje kid could get better prthan comparing himself to Brock MacLean

All in the huddo article. No need to cry over spilt milk there. The kid doesn't want to live in Melbourne anymore. Let him play for vossy's rejects
I think your username says it all.

Apparently its compo pick and 17 for 2nd mini draft pick and 25.
that would be an excellent result for bulldog fans. would mean we can snag crouch, and still only have a downgraded first rounder. in a weak draft, im not to worried about our pick being moved 8 places, after 12-15 it would be a bit hit and miss anyway. not a huge loss for us, but a maga gain. we pick up a potential superstar.

that would be an excellent result for bulldog fans. would mean we can snag crouch, and still only have a downgraded first rounder. in a weak draft, im not to worried about our pick being moved 8 places, after 12-15 it would be a bit hit and miss anyway. not a huge loss for us, but a maga gain. we pick up a potential superstar.

Agreed. Emma Quayle suggested we make a play for Crouch back when the Ward compo was first announced. It's a chance to bring in some certain top line talent a year early and get him on a solid weights regime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIRC guys and Crouch and O'Maera cant play in the 2012 season?

I don't like this deal tbh and the downgrade of our first round is probably not needed. I guess it all depends on where we finish next year and where Crouch would have gone next year.

Where would he go in next years draft?

People say O'Maera the best of the GWS trade picks would go for a pick 1-3 atm. Crouch obviously is not as good but The Age article says some clubs would take Crouch before O'Maera.

So I hazard a guess picks 4-10?

The Ward compo pick is most likely to fall in that range for us.

People say O'Maera the best of the GWS trade picks would go for a pick 1-3 atm. Crouch obviously is not as good but The Age article says some clubs would take Crouch before O'Maera.

So I hazard a guess picks 4-10?

The Ward compo pick is most likely to fall in that range for us.

Pick 17 downgraded, and our compo pick for Crouch is a bad deal if we finish bottom 6 next year, but a great deal if we finish top 6

If we go for Crouch, that tells me that the club is not envisiaging us finishing bottom 6 next year.

From all reports Crouch is a Top 3 Pick next year, inside/outside mid good skills, gets his own ball and can hit targets too. Not As quick as O'meara, but could become an absolute gun. Ballarat Boy who wants to stay in the area.

I think its imperative we chase him. This kid barring injury's will become a gun.

Effectively we are giving up top 10 pick and downgrading a pick this year for a top 3 pick next year, this is a good move.

[YOUTUBE]2RYaj1Zjx4U[/YOUTUBE]

The Crouch deal sounds great... I wish we could add something to get an upgrade of first round picks to snare Talia. Btw Crouch to the dogs has been discussed for a while by Quayle etc. Is currently rated extremely highly.

Crouch + pick 7/9/11 (to nab Talia) for...
Compensation pick + first rounder + ????

Would add our second rounder and any fringe player GWS might want (Gilbee, Addison, Reid, any pick we can get for Hill etc). I would consider giving up more quality (Someone like Higgins) to get the deal done. And while we are dealing with GWS, why not work a VFL player we want into the deal too? I am still hurting we didn't trade for Puopolo - if there is a mature kid out there better to nab him in a trade ala Freo with Faulks.

I've read that GWS values the mini draft picks higher than mid first round compensation picks but you never know unless you ask.

Thoughts?

The Crouch deal sounds great... I wish we could add something to get an upgrade of first round picks to snare Talia. Btw Crouch to the dogs has been discussed for a while by Quayle etc. Is currently rated extremely highly.

Crouch + pick 7/9/11 (to nab Talia) for...
Compensation pick + first rounder + ????

Would add our second rounder and any fringe player GWS might want (Gilbee, Addison, Reid, any pick we can get for Hill etc). I would consider giving up more quality (Someone like Higgins) to get the deal done. And while we are dealing with GWS, why not work a VFL player we want into the deal too? I am still hurting we didn't trade for Puopolo - if there is a mature kid out there better to nab him in a trade ala Freo with Faulks.

I've read that GWS values the mini draft picks higher than mid first round compensation picks but you never know unless you ask.

Thoughts?

All these complicated scenarios are doing my head in already and it's only day one.

It's gonna be a long week.

All these complicated scenarios are doing my head in already and it's only day one.

It's gonna be a long week.

Understandable that it's confusing. But really quite simple, basically, original thought was to give us Crouch + Pick 25, but we wanna have Talia, which I am all for because I don't think there's much better than getting a pretty rated player who desires to play with us. But to get that, it has to be better than Pick 25, and the only way to grab that is to potentially offer them one of our players that they may need for a young team which sounds reasonable but a pretty big swap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back