Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

From Clarky (Hun) on Twitter.

"Dees could get Scully replament in 17 yo mini draft. Brad crouch is their man. Will cost one of two 1st rd compo picks. Dream result."

"Dees could get Scully replament in 17 yo mini draft. Brad crouch is their man. Will cost one of two 1st rd compo picks. Dream result."

Also saw that. It actually made me feel a bit sad :p.
Quick question - why would it cost the Dees only 1 of 2 first round compo picks, when it would cost us compo pick and first rounder? Seems we are in the box seat* :thumbsu:

*if that is what is happening.

He'll cost more than just one of their compo picks.

As with the post above, I'd try throwing in another player to try and get an earlier pick with Crouch.

Will be interesting.

Dogs also right in mix for 17yo Crouch, rated closely behind O'Meara. Ward compo pick and maybe something else on table.

This was posted by mark Stevens on twitter like 15 mins ago.

Dees got an Ablett style deal for Scully - one 1st rounder (same as ours) and one 'mid first rounder' which is taken after all the bottom 8 teams have had their picks.

These all have different values depending on where you think the dees and dogs are going to end on the ladder this year.

If you were GWS you would probably bank on the dees finishing bottom 8 and take their 1st rounder, wouldnt you?

The Age says today we are in the frontline for the second pick on the GWS auction. Apparently that means Crouch. Any thoughts? No idea shone is. Butsurelytje kid could get better prthan comparing himself to Brock MacLean

All in the huddo article. No need to cry over spilt milk there. The kid doesn't want to live in Melbourne anymore. Let him play for vossy's rejects

He's got a good beard for a kid :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends largely on where GWS thinks we'll finish. The Demons' first round pick this year is earlier than ours but will they be willing to cop a slide down to pick 25? The Dees also have the luxury of the mid first rounder so even if they are tipped to make the 8 GWS can more or less fix the pick. On the other hand, if they think we'll be bottom four they would be nuts not to take it.

Dees won't be able to do it with one pick. If they beat our offer (assuming what has been reported is correct) then we throw in Addison or walk away. We can't really get into a bidding war no matter how tempting.

The Dees might throw in their pick 12, along with 1 of their Scully compo picks. If that happens, im not sure how we could beat it. We could offer Addison, but Melbourne may offer Warnock.

I hope we get him.

Hmm. Seems like the Dees have more currency than us. Shame GWS doesn't want Higgins. Can't see us parting with anything else of value. If we had received band one for Ward we might have been a shot.

To get Crouch we would have to accept a downgrade of this years first rounder which, for mine, isn't worth it.

Pick 25 + Crouch for our first rounder and our compensation pick looks like market value this year. I'd prefer to keep our compo pick for 2013 at that price.

Also please note the trades Melbourne are offering are likely for mini draft pick one. We seem to be after pick two. If the Dees miss O'Meara they might not be willing to offer as much for Crouch. Likewise for GC, they might see it as O'Meara or bust. So there is still a decent chance we can snare Crouch at a rate we are willing to pay.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but GWS get to choose 5 17 yo kids to prelist and trade on. I think the assumption is that they would choose the 5 best young 17 yo kids, who have the greatest value. Since Crouch is the second most highly rated of the five, then he would be top 3?

I am really struggling to understand this.

Why would they prelist the guns, knowing they can never keep them?

Wouldn't they be better off pre-listing a not so good batch of kids, as when they finish last in 2012, they then get the first round pick in that years draft.

If he really would go top 5 in 2012 draft, then he is easily worth our compo pick (likely to be 10+ in that draft) and a slide from 17 to 25 in this years draft.

We dont know who dalrymple has targeted for our first rounder anyway - if its another 'howard' type of situation, pick 25 could be just as useful to us as pick 17.

And I cant see how they wouldnt want a player like Adison - tough as nails, trains hard, would make their kids walk taller

Seems GWS is trying to snare O'Meara for themselves. Some opportunistic club might trade for the number one mini draft pick and then trade it back. I hope we do this deal. Also a rumour one club has offered not to take O'Meara with mini draft pick one. Hopefully that's us. We could trade for mini draft picks one and two, trade pick two back to GWS, and (not sure if this is draft tampering - not much they can do if we claim to rate Crouch higher) take Crouch with the first pick, leaving O'Meara for GWS.

We can only dream!

(just realized I didn't copy the link for my source - no special knowledge, this based off articles in the Brisbane Times and (I think) The Age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back