Crowd at Norwood oval friday

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the SANFL would be hoping for 7K +...good weather forecast so wouldn't be surprised to see 9K...

Should be a ripper with any luck... :thumbsu:

I shall be there...

I'm considering going along. I unfortunately haven't managed to get to a Redlegs game in ages, but I'm really keen this week. I love night games at Norwood Oval. It's got the best atmosphere for that sort of thing IMO. Has anyone got a definite start time for both the Seniors and Reserves games?

With the Fringe and Clipsal 500 finished, and a good night predicted weather-wise, the only thing I think that might keep people away is the Grand Final Replay on Channel 7. But if you're more willing to sit and watch AFL at home, you're probably not that keen on SANFL to begin with anyway I suppose.

Carn the 'Legs!

i'm guessing around 6,000 to 7,000. However i think the biggest crowds for the opening round will be at elizabeth on saturday night as well as the twilight game down at glenelg. There will probably be more people at the opening round of the SANFL season than there will be at the power vs essendon game.

I'm considering going along. I unfortunately haven't managed to get to a Redlegs game in ages, but I'm really keen this week. I love night games at Norwood Oval. It's got the best atmosphere for that sort of thing IMO. Has anyone got a definite start time for both the Seniors and Reserves games?

With the Fringe and Clipsal 500 finished, and a good night predicted weather-wise, the only thing I think that might keep people away is the Grand Final Replay on Channel 7. But if you're more willing to sit and watch AFL at home, you're probably not that keen on SANFL to begin with anyway I suppose.

Carn the 'Legs!

from Norwood fc site

SANFL SEASON OPENER
spacer7by7lgrey.jpg
Norwood vs Port
Friday March 27th 2009
At Coopers Stadium
Reserves start at 4.55pm
League start at 7.40pm

:thumbsu: - great atmosphere. good beers at the bar.... cant wait

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be there. Carn the 'Legs.

Sitting in the stands there seemed to be a fair crowd around the ground. Cracking atmosphere, some good entertainment from the port crowd, showing off their high intelligence.

"They should bring in 9 pointers, that way if we are 9 points down and we kick one we'll be 9 points up." wow. Ugly, feral AND stupid.

I think we are going to have to get used to lower crowds this year Rory with money being tight everywhere and all.

yeah but how much does the sanfl cost these days? i would have thought the afl crowds would drop and people head to the sanfl for the footy fix being that its a 1/4 the price

yeah but how much does the sanfl cost these days? i would have thought the afl crowds would drop and people head to the sanfl for the footy fix being that its a 1/4 the price

Ten bucks now, was good to see usual service resumed last night eh stewie? ;)

thats what I was thinking

FFS I cant remember the last time I spent so little at footy

$3 Concession Ticket
$4*2 Hotdogs
$3 Coke.

$14 on Footy. I love it

6500 is a fair crowd.

However considering the sanfl count is going to be 15% lower than actual numbers at the game as the redcoats struggle to press the count button as the crowds rush in.

So I would say 7000 plus last night.

Sounds like an okay crowd,and a good time had by all :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowd at Norwood oval friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back