Crowd Predictions vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
I love these home games against interstate clubs. We always create an awesome atmosphere even when the G' is only 20% full.:)

If I recall correctly, we got 23,000 against them in 2007 coming off nine straight losses. Saturday's performance should get an extra couple of thousand so I will say 25,000.

Early Sunday start won't help. Fortunately Adelaide always supply a few thousand, and the performance against the Pies can only help numbers, 25 might be pushing it though.

I'd be happy with 23.

Early Sunday start won't help. Fortunately Adelaide always supply a few thousand, and the performance against the Pies can only help numbers, 25 might be pushing it though.

I'd be happy with 23.
Suppose the some of the soft **** supporters will turn up if they expect a chance for a win.

I think we have in general too many gutless supporters. They embarrass our club... the real supporters will turn up as they did last week.

Last year we played on a Sunday twilight coming off a win against Richmond (but still 1-3) and probably in a less inspiring situation than this year. It was cold - freezing for late April and rained before the game with more rained scheduled. It was probably as uninspiring a day to go the footy as possible. Those who went (such an myself) could tell players from both sides thought so as well.

We didn't kick a goal until the 3rd, but were still within 25 points. Newton had one of his classics.

Anyway, back on topic. We had 14,129 there. This year with a 1oclock start (better than 4:30) and hopefully better weather I'd be very disappointed with under 20k, but can't expect much more.

Last year we played on a Sunday twilight coming off a win against Richmond (but still 1-3) and probably in a less inspiring situation than this year. It was cold - freezing for late April and rained before the game with more rained scheduled. It was probably as uninspiring a day to go the footy as possible. Those who went (such an myself) could tell players from both sides thought so as well.

We didn't kick a goal until the 3rd, but were still within 25 points. Newton had one of his classics.

Anyway, back on topic. We had 14,129 there. This year with a 1oclock start (better than 4:30) and hopefully better weather I'd be very disappointed with under 20k, but can't expect much more.

That game sticks out in my memory. If anyone ever accuses me of being a bandwagon supporter when we win four in a row from 2013-16 I'm gonna be pointing out to them I was at this game freezing my a** off waiting until the 3Q to see a demons goal :thumbsu:

That game sticks out in my memory. If anyone ever accuses me of being a bandwagon supporter when we win four in a row from 2013-16 I'm gonna be pointing out to them I was at this game freezing my a** off waiting until the 3Q to see a demons goal :thumbsu:

and we still nearly won... was a joke that night... me and the olds almost had a bay to ourselves... was weird actually... get there this week guys, boys are close to a win...

Yep, I was gonna mention that. We played like absolute shit and the weather was crap. I will always remember that. But I'll be there Sunday, no doubt about it, but I just hope we don't play as poorly as we did that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm taking my young cousin and dragging a mate who doesn't support the Dees. I'm doing my part for the club. Any idea how much general admission at the gates is for a 13 year old?

Seeing the crowd figure come up on the big screen was a novelty in itself.

Forecast to be wet, lads. This will hurt the final number.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowd Predictions vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back