Crowd

Remove this Banner Ad

Blueboybenson

Rookie
Nov 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Where were u all? I know it was a wet night, fair enough.. but watching on tv it looked pretty empty. Pretty sad considering it was a crunch match for 2 teams looking to keep their season alive

seemed like one of bigger crowds this year actually. I think you'll find most of them were up in the stands under protection though. Didn't notice anyone thing on the scoreboard in regards to crowd numbers.

It was 29,000 plus....

SO, pretty good crowd with wet wethaer at 2pm...

But, why so f**king quiet when we need the crowd to rise up?

That's the weak, soft part...

It was 29,000 plus....

SO, pretty good crowd with wet wethaer at 2pm...

But, why so f**king quiet when we need the crowd to rise up?

That's the weak, soft part...

Hardly weak, its probably resignation that no matter what you do to yell and scream, the team has already given it up, just like every other time it happens.

Try sticking your nads in a vice over and over, eventually you'll lose feeling and not make as much noise.

Yeah, it wasn't a bad crowd. I couldn't figure out why, but when Carlton hit the front with five minutes left, suddenly it turned out there were Blues fans all over the place. Who would've known?

Yeah, it wasn't a bad crowd. I couldn't figure out why, but when Carlton hit the front with five minutes left, suddenly it turned out there were Blues fans all over the place. Who would've known?

As fairweather as any I've seen ever.

You hardly heard a peep from them all day, then all of a sudden there's a chubby 18 year old drunken ____wit 2 rows in front of us loudly paying out on our players and abusing a couple of old men around him for telling him to sit down/pull his head in - until he almost got his head punched in and looked like he was going to cry.

4 Carlton fans come out of nowhere to sit in our row looking like they've just won $100 on a scratchy - you know, that "OMG this never happens to me!" look.

And then the roar when they got ahead - plenty of people in neutral colours singing the song too.

Bizarre.

umm... maybe 3 goals in 3 quarters had something to do with it...
not much to cheer about prior to the last quarter.

umm... maybe 3 goals in 3 quarters had something to do with it...
not much to cheer about prior to the last quarter.
Oh, so Carlton fans only ever support their team when they're in front?

You hardly heard a peep from them all day, then all of a sudden there's a chubby 18 year old drunken ____wit 2 rows in front of us loudly paying out on our players and abusing a couple of old men around him for telling him to sit down/pull his head in - until he almost got his head punched in and looked like he was going to cry.

4 Carlton fans come out of nowhere to sit in our row looking like they've just won $100 on a scratchy - you know, that "OMG this never happens to me!" look.

And then the roar when they got ahead - plenty of people in neutral colours singing the song too.

Bizarre.

Yeah, the good old "I'm a Crows fan who follows Sturt so my second team is Carlton" brigade was out in force tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was pretty quiet tonight. I'd say brought on by the unexciting crap we were watching. Give us a decent contest and we'll get involved as any Sydney fan will tell you.

Crowd tried to gee the boys up when we got challenged in the last but it was dissipated by the cluster ____ we were watching unfold. It's been a long time since I saw such a collection of poor skills and appalling decision making.

Was pretty quiet tonight. I'd say brought on by the unexciting crap we were watching. Give us a decent contest and we'll get involved as any Sydney fan will tell you.

Crowd tried to gee the boys up when we got challenged in the last but it was dissipated by the cluster ____ we were watching unfold. It's been a long time since I saw such a collection of poor skills and appalling decision making.

You weren't there for the last qtr against Brisbane a few weeks ago Toots?

Yes I was but this was considerably worse IMO. Brisbane are a better side than Carlton. The rain would have caught the side unawares. Still should have adapted to the conditions mind you but tonight there was simply no excuse not to play direct long football. On top of which never have I seen so many basic skill errors even when we were well on top.

Crowd: 29,240

Avg. Home Crowd: 25,636

Total: 128,181

Our best crowd for the year at home. If it were sunnier I would've thought about 32,000. Yeah the crowd was pretty quiet, even quieter than the St.Kilda ANZAC game where we only pulled 20,000.

Sunday twilight's are the winner for us.

Our next big crowd probably wont be until the showdown and then the Collingwood game.

It's not our fault, I know loads of people who cant come on Saturday day/night game's due to their own football commitments. It's the AFL's fault.

Bizarre.

we were appauling for 3 quarters, literally handing you goals. Then we came to play.

Sitting with the cheersquad we cheered a bit, louder than the port fan around us, barring the knobs at the front of one bay constantly trying to start a chant and being denied.

Impressed by the crowd size - 29000 on another long weekend when everyone knew it was going to rain is good.

And we were noisy. But in the last quarter, when you have been to the GF and seen a 119 point capitulation followed by more capitulations at home and only one home win out of 5 or 6? one recognises dejavu very early. It becomes very difficult to muster much more than a scream when so much indirect stuff happens.

One little thing that I think our club can be proud of is, and I sit very close to Jenny Williams at the footy so I see, that not one single supporter has ever given her a hard time though we have been extremely disappointed many times this year. It must be very difficult for her but she has stuck it out through these hard times. Well done Jenny.

Well done Jenny?

Ah, there's a whole heap of other, non williams named supporters who turn up every week too....is it well done to us too?
:confused:

Bizarre.

How childish can you get. Nothing left but to bag opposition supporters? Suggest you look at your own players. Lots of them certainly seem to make the most noise when they are in front. Bizarre. :rolleyes:

How childish can you get. Nothing left but to bag opposition supporters? Suggest you look at your own players. Lots of them certainly seem to make the most noise when they are in front. Bizarre. :rolleyes:

It may have been different where you were sitting - if you were there at all - but where I sat that's what I saw.

So how is that childish?

I'd say childish is getting a liver full of cheap beer out the back when it's raining, before coming into a Port area when Carlton finally start playing and proceeding to stand up non-stop, abusing players and nearby fans before coming within an inch of deservedly getting your head punched in.

The four Carlton blokes who belatedly came into our row in the last quarter looked exactly as I described them. Like they'd just put 50c on a 100-1 shot for their one and only bet on the first Tuesday in November. Barely a peep until the siren went from them though, bucking the growing trend.

Before the last quarter comeback I'd have guessed at there being no more 1000 Carlton fans total, such was the lack of noise - even when the 3 goals were scored in the first three quarters - then late on it suddenly sounds like Optus Oval 1995.

And there were plenty of neutrals singing the song. What's up with that?

Childish? Childish! Seriously. Good to know you'd prefer to take a cheap swing at me rather than pass comment on the drunk ____stick wearing your guernsey though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back