Crown function tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

itsintheblood said:
Do you need the invite to get in or is a membership card enough? I left mine at home too dammit.

You needed to RSVP so they can mark you off at the door

It's starts at 6.30pm and finishes at 9.00pm at the Palladium.

ALthough I reckon there maybe a mass exodus at around 8.00pm so people can get home for the final episode of "Desperate Housewives" :D

ALthough I reckon there maybe a mass exodus at around 8.00pm so people can get home for the final episode of "Desperate Housewives"
It'll be over by the time i get home - forgot about that - i'm not going now lol

I'll be there froars. I'll be the one wearing the black suit.
Just look out for a middle aged hag and come and say hello lol

WilliamPowell said:
You needed to RSVP so they can mark you off at the door

It's starts at 6.30pm and finishes at 9.00pm at the Palladium.

ALthough I reckon there maybe a mass exodus at around 8.00pm so people can get home for the final episode of "Desperate Housewives" :D

Sensationl WP. Thanks. I did ring the club and put my name down so I'll just show up.

I'll be there as well.

Will be coming straight from work. It will be interetsing to see how it differs from last year under the new "belt tightening for members rewards" program instituted this year. Last year the food and alcohol was in over abundance.

Would love to catch up with anyone from here. Last year it was quite a big crowd so hard to prearrange a place (particularly as i don't know what you all look like) so if you see me please introduce yourself. Just look for a very tall guy - black suit gold tie.

I don't bite.

I was only going for the food, Peejay lol - it was awesome last year, so i'm hoping it will be just as great this year. In fact, i'm not eating much today just so i can fit it all in lol

Will look out (up) lol for you, Peejay - might be a few blokes there though with gold ties on i'm expecting!

froars said:
I was only going for the food, Peejay lol - it was awesome last year, so i'm hoping it will be just as great this year. In fact, i'm not eating much today just so i can fit it all in lol

Will look out (up) lol for you, Peejay - might be a few blokes there though with gold ties on i'm expecting!

Sounds like this would have been ideal for a Big Footy get together...buggar!

Nbrown7 said:
I'll be there, look for the blonde white long sleeve shirt, hanging with folks and a few of the boys. Please note i am a male.
C'mon more details please. Tall? Fit? Not a schoolkid I hope. Froars - you can be my scout for me.

Ok so lets see if i've got this right.

Froars will be the one chained to the buffet.

William Powell will be the one who males a dash for the exit at 8.30 to get home to watch desperate housewifes (here's a hint: video recorder)

Nbrown7 will be the "blonde" reminding everyone that he is in fact a guy.

I'll be the 300th guy in a black suit and a gold tie.

And It's in the blood - you most likely might be the one thrown out for picking a fight with the first person you find who does not barrack for the tigers.

What a hoot of a night it will be :D

Lets see if anyone buys some of the crap they will call "Unique auction items".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty stock standard night but plenty of food and grog. Heaps more people there than last year - which was just after Frawley gave himself the flick. Someone coughed up $2900 for a day in the box with Wallace next year, and one of each signed player guernsey was 'silent auctioned' at the back of the room.

There was a flock of frocked up girls draping themselves off Cogs and Lids all night. Had a quick chat with Andy Kellaway who had just got back on the solids and reckoned he was a week away.

If you see Newman getting run down from behind this weekend, it's because my missus chewed his ear off for 30 minutes, and he won't be able to hear the calls of 'your hot'.

Campbo said a few words at the front of the room and they showed some highlights in his testimonial year, but was pretty tight lipped about any play on or retire decision.

What surprised me the most was the ability for anyone to just walk in and stuff their face and drink themselves silly. It was a stampede at the start with no door checks or name ticking. It was open slather for entry. This would have to have cost the club a packet.

It was a pretty good night with truckloads of food and drink and most players in attendance except for tucky, chaffey, browny, plough. Cogs certainly looked like he didnt want to be there but a nice kid nonetheless. Chatted to quite a few of the boys with richie tambling just a deadset nice kid. Friendly and happy to talk. Asked him how he's finding the weather and says he doesnt really like the heat so its not bothering him too much. Had tightness in the calf after he copped a kick in a tackle and the hammies are just fine.

Looking at most of our young kids, it's amazing seeing the likes of jackson, roach, tambling, raines, deledio, and seeing how young and raw they really are. Roach in particular looks like he's about 15. Lids was mobbed all night and really is a favourite. This kid has a big future and I only hope we can keep him forever.

Overall, a great night.

Yeah i was also surprised about the way i could just walk in without any checks but i doubt that anyone got in who should not have been there - how would they have known? I guess maybe you could have called a friend and got them to come but is it worth the trouble.

The official count was approx 1200 - on the invite it was mentioned that the first 2000 to book would be guaranteed entry so perhaps once they knew that less than 2000 would be there they did not bother to check names. It would not have altered the cost to the club as Crown would have charged the function as a whole and not per person. In fact it is probably free to the club as some part of the sponsorship we have with them.

Thought i saw Chaffey there. Richo was constantly surrounded by people - had a quick chat as he signed my mates newly purchased jumper (for his son) and as always with Richo nothing is a too much trouble.

The night only cost me 20 bucks (raffle tickets) so it certainly is a good event the club put on. And the big news is - I met my first BF fellow poster. Nice to have met you Froars.

It was a good night - lots of people there all dressed up - hardly recognised them as Richmond supporters they looked so good lol.

And the big news is - I met my first BF fellow poster. Nice to have met you Froars.
Yep, it's good to meet people you've known for a while on here to see what they're like. You pretty well described yourself to a tee and i zoned in on ya lol.

Great to catch up with a few others as well from here and elsewhere :D

Weren't as many people there as last year it seemed, but still had an ok time. I won the silent auction for Richard Tambling's jumper, so no have to get it framed. I also have his autographed 'rookie' footy card, so it should make a nice piece for my lounge room :)

Oh yeah, nice to catch up with a few peeps as well.

Fwoy said:
Weren't as many people there as last year it seemed, but still had an ok time. I won the silent auction for Richard Tambling's jumper, so no have to get it framed. I also have his autographed 'rookie' footy card, so it should make a nice piece for my lounge room :)

Oh yeah, nice to catch up with a few peeps as well.

How much did you pay for that???

peejay said:
Ok so lets see if i've got this right.

Froars will be the one chained to the buffet.

William Powell will be the one who males a dash for the exit at 8.30 to get home to watch desperate housewifes (here's a hint: video recorder)

Nbrown7 will be the "blonde" reminding everyone that he is in fact a guy.I'll be the 300th guy in a black suit and a gold tie.

And It's in the blood - you most likely might be the one thrown out for picking a fight with the first person you find who does not barrack for the tigers.

What a hoot of a night it will be :D

Lets see if anyone buys some of the crap they will call "Unique auction items".

I mentioned i was a male becasue i did the same thing at the satrt of the season saying i was going to be at the interclub praccy, and i was the blonde. Someone asked me if there was any chance of a root?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crown function tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back