Crows.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

What we need is a top notch independent/unofficial Crows site that tells it like it is.

Two fantastic examples of independent webzines of English soccer clubs are nufc.com and Watford's Blind, Stupid and Desperate. I don't waste my time with the official Adelaide site... it's all puff-piece and looks tailored to the reading tastes of a 12 year old.

Originally posted by dyertribe
What we need is a top notch independent/unofficial Crows site that tells it like it is.

Two fantastic examples of independent webzines of English soccer clubs are nufc.com and Watford's Blind, Stupid and Desperate. I don't waste my time with the official Adelaide site... it's all puff-piece and looks tailored to the reading tastes of a 12 year old.

Exactly. I've been thinking of starting a Crows site, one with news, reviews, analysis, etc.....but alas I have no website design skills, and I'd probably struggle to update it as regularly as I'd like to.

One of these days..........

Originally posted by ant
Exactly. I've been thinking of starting a Crows site, one with news, reviews, analysis, etc.....but alas I have no website design skills, and I'd probably struggle to update it as regularly as I'd like to.

One of these days..........

One of the best footy sites going around is the powerfromport.com Vi the young lady who set up the site (i think)is very easy to get along with & i'm sure she would be willing in any advice you might need to help you set up,

Originally posted by noddy
One of the best footy sites going around is the powerfromport.com Vi the young lady who set up the site (i think)is very easy to get along with & i'm sure she would be willing in any advice you might need to help you set up,

Thanks for the info noddy, but I'd need more than advice, I'd need someone to set the whole thing up (!), while I could take care of the content.....I'm sure she's got better things to do with her time (btw I agree, that site of hers is very good indeed)

Yob, web hosting costs are prohibitive are they? Aren't there free hosting places? (Albeit with pop-ups etc.?) As you can see I know very little :eek:

Originally posted by ant
Yob, web hosting costs are prohibitive are they? Aren't there free hosting places? (Albeit with pop-ups etc.?) As you can see I know very little :eek:

Ask BB about it.

He's in the process of making a Sturt website. He also use to run the official one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by noddy

The Port site does look good - although some of the information is from last season.

The board is from a free - site
http://www.proboards.com/index.html
I think they must have paid a sub to get rid of the pop-ups and advertising - I set a test one up;
http://ozcricket.proboards20.com/index.cgi
-that shows you what you get when you first set one up

I might have a webhosting contact - am checking it out - might be a possibility - depends how much data goes on.

Web hosting is actually a lot cheaper if you do it on an American based server. With the Aussie dollar being a bit stronger you should be able to get a reasonable deal including a .com domain name for under $150 for 12 months now.

Australian hosts really are not anywhere near as competitive.

I've already got two domains to run, but if anyone wants advice on doing this sort of thing I'm contactable via my website.

NUFC.com is a great sort of site that would be a good template to base an unofficial AFC site from; esp from the point of view of taunting Power fans....

True but depends how much money you want to spend.

.com.au names cost over $100- some rort led to one company having the right to register all .com.au domain names, so they charge like wounded bulls.

If it was the type of site similar to powerfromport or an English football fanzine (webzine?) etc, then I would be more than willing to pony up a bit of ca$h, perhaps even contribute the odd piece about supporting the Crows from Melbourne. If we could find a few like minded people (esp around here) then the shared costs shouldn't be too prohibitive. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about website design. Might take a course this semester at CAE or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Back