Rumour Crows, Dees Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously Lever > Salem, but would rather get it done with picks and other players. I just rate Salem higher than others might. He is our best kick and had a really good start to this year until he got injured.
I don't want Salem going anywhere. But Adelaide may demand a player and they're not getting Hunt. They won't take Watts because they don't need a forward. I just hope it's our first pick for Lever.

I didn't actually say he wouldn't just to recheck the mail as it seemed highly unlikely, from all reports he shouldn't have played and was well below his best.

But well done, your physio is 1/5 so far.

1. Brisbane great Jason Akermanis wants coaching role at the Gold Coast
    Nick RynneFriday, 29 September 2017 7:25PM
    GGQ18IBE5.1-1.jpg

Jason Akermanis looks on during a Western Bulldogs training session at Whitten Oval in Melbourne.
    Queensland football legend Jason Akermanis has put his hand up for an assistant coaching role at Gold Coast next season.

Akermanis, 40, said his desire to coach at AFL level had waned after a knock-back from Essendon in 2015, but returned with new vigour in the back half of this year after stepping aside from his role at North Albury in Victoria’s Ovens and Murray football league.

The 2001 Brownlow medallist has completed the AFL’s level-two accreditation and has a university coaching diploma to his name after engaging in further study.

Akermanis said he would be open to any job at senior level, but helping the Suns thrive in the state where he grew up would be particularly appealing.

“I’d love to coach up there,” he said.

“You always want to go to where you can prove that you can coach. You’ve got a team that’s not lacking for talent, but lacking on culture and all the things we need to get right.

“We’ve just got to wait until they get the new coach on board and he may not be interested at all, but he gets a chance to pick his own guys. It’s a chance you couldn’t resist.”

A three-time premiership star with Brisbane who finished his career at the Western Bulldogs, Akermanis was prone to outlandish statements during his playing career and was more than once accused of putting himself before the team.

Queensland football legend Jason Akermanis has put his hand up for an assistant coaching role at Gold Coast next season.

Akermanis, 40, said his desire to coach at AFL level had waned after a knock-back from Essendon in 2015, but returned with new vigour in the back half of this year after stepping aside from his role at North Albury in Victoria’s Ovens and Murray football league.

The 2001 Brownlow medallist has completed the AFL’s level-two accreditation and has a university coaching diploma to his name after engaging in further study.

Akermanis said he would be open to any job at senior level, but helping the Suns thrive in the state where he grew up would be particularly appealing.

“I’d love to coach up there,” he said.

“You always want to go to where you can prove that you can coach. You’ve got a team that’s not lacking for talent, but lacking on culture and all the things we need to get right.

“We’ve just got to wait until they get the new coach on board and he may not be interested at all, but he gets a chance to pick his own guys. It’s a chance you couldn’t resist.”

A three-time premiership star with Brisbane who finished his career at the Western Bulldogs, Akermanis was prone to outlandish statements during his playing career and was more than once accused of putting himself before the team.

Play Video
    It's Grand Final week in Melbourne, and do you reckon Richmond fans are excited?
    He said stepping away from the AFL limelight and spending four years as a senior coach in Victorian country football had changed him for the better. He was confident clubs would be able to see that change as well.

“It’s just someone giving me an opportunity,” he said.

“I’m a completely different person to who I was even seven years ago when I retired. I was not very humble and grateful, I was a bit all about myself. Now everything’s changed the other way.”

The Suns are about to re-embark on their second revamp after declining to renew coach Rodney Eade’s contract.

Gee.
I for one am shocked...NOT!

Just curious as to your ITK response now?

So your suggesting a list manager a few weeks before trade period has gossiped to the physio about 3 clubs and then not only that information but also news about a regional club plus the suns coaching roles has been passed to a BF poster isn't absurd?

???

Maybe so. But I'm more inclined to believe what comes out of Akers mouth about recently building a house here, just found out they having a new baby and one reason he left north was to give more time to family, his children's sporting lives and business activities. Not sure how coaching on Gold Coast would achieve that unless there's 3 of him. He's not suitable for an assistant likes to be main man in football.
Seems more plausible than a rumour from physio.

???

Amazing news from Aker hey...

But i guess you must "know" Aker like...really really well

???

Amazing news from Aker hey...

But i guess you must "know" Aker like...really really well

How well I know or don't know him is neither here nor there when I took him at face value of what he said.
I tip my hat to you having different info and now seemingly changing.
There's a grand final on today, get out and enjoy it.

Crows are not going to offer more for Gibbs than they did last year. it will be less as he is one more year older.
It will be a min of a Late 1st round from 15 to 17, and maybe a 3rd. Crows will be comfortable walking away from a deal with Carlton if they ask too much.

Lever deal is separate as it about a 21-year-old who is demanding 800k some reports of 900k, Dee's need a Lever type player to push to the next level. Crows Know this and also they Know that North, Collingwood, Saints, and Bulldogs, would be very interested if it went to PSD it will not happen but the threat is there. So a Deal with Melb will get done. They would be looking at 2017 1st and 2018 1st or 2nd depending on who better at the table.
Crows will want to get more pick in the 2018 draft and will push for that,

Dees will have a limit on what they will offer for Lever. There is no clarity on value of contract sought by Lever, or offered by Dees. All that us on the record is that Crows opening offer was a fairly insulting $300,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dees will have a limit on what they will offer for Lever. There is no clarity on value of contract sought by Lever, or offered by Dees. All that us on the record is that Crows opening offer was a fairly insulting $300,000.

The limits are crazy this year every club got an extra 2 mill and some have gone silly trying to buy talent
Its a bidding war of drunken sailors out there

Depending on who telling the story Dee are offering more than 800K, And if they want him they will have to trade with the Crows.
and would be 2 x First round picks. More so after Collingwood is believed to up the anti. the PSD is a plausible threat due to several clubs paying attention to the proceedings, If Lever goes to the PSD he will not end up at Melb or Collingwood. So if Melb wants him they have to trade for him. Same as Collingwood.

$300k you say. Well name a 3rd-year player in the AFL with 30 plus games getting less than the AFL min more so one with Lever reputation and expected output, you will struggle. He was offered a lot more and depending on who you ask a lot more than the AFL average.
And yes I have heard all the stories but the best one I have heard was it was only 300K after Tax.

Depending on who telling the story Dee are offering more than 800K, And if they want him they will have to trade with the Crows.
and would be 2 x First round picks. More so after Collingwood is believed to up the anti. the PSD is a plausible threat due to several clubs paying attention to the proceedings, If Lever goes to the PSD he will not end up at Melb or Collingwood. So if Melb wants him they have to trade for him. Same as Collingwood.

$300k you say. Well name a 3rd-year player in the AFL with 30 plus games getting less than the AFL min more so one with Lever reputation and expected output, you will struggle. He was offered a lot more and depending on who you ask a lot more than the AFL average.
And yes I have heard all the stories but the best one I have heard was it was only 300K after Tax.

Time will tell. We're not gonna go all Clarko and pay whatever price gets the deal done. If Crows want too much then we'll walk away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The limits are crazy this year every club got an extra 2 mill and some have gone silly trying to buy talent
Its a bidding war of drunken sailors out there

Brings back memories of the VFL in the early 80s. And we all know how that turned out - with clubs trading while insolvent and half the League almost going bankrupt to the point they needed $4m licence fees from West Coast and Brisbane to bail them out.

They never learn, do they?

I'd be filthy with this, Salem is an elite ball user and definitely best 22 when in form. Watts on his own to Carlton (4th/5th round pick as steak knives) pick 10 & Gibbs to Adelaide would be fair value I think
If you want lever you will need to cough up something decent. We will want a ready made player.

One of the more ridiculous things i have seen. Dees need the cap space so are pushing Watts out, he is a fringe player who was in and out of there team this year, why would Carlton give up Gibbs who they have priced as 2 first rounders (but will prob accept 1 and change)

That's why this rumour, or variations of, could have some substance. I can see that the 3 clubs could be working together to get a trade that works for all

Adelaide have deals with Brisbane for Charlie Cameron, Blues have deals with GWS for Smith & Kennedy so all these will be thrown in to make it work.

One of the more ridiculous things i have seen. Dees need the cap space so are pushing Watts out, he is a fringe player who was in and out of there team this year, why would Carlton give up Gibbs who they have priced as 2 first rounders (but will prob accept 1 and change)
We don't need cap space and Watts got dropped once, he's a best 22 player easily who struggled upon returning from a month long hamstring injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Crows, Dees Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back