Crows supporters - disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Salopek31

All Australian
Oct 12, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just saw Port supporers criticised in another thread for Port only having a crowd of about 31,000 to Wangas 300th game. So I did some research into the numbers at a similar Crows game.

Ben Hart's 300th - 43,206 at AAMI Stadium

Disgraceful from a club who prides itself on having 50,000 members, being the team for all South Australian's and being more passionate than Port supporters.

Yep 43000 is a disgrace... :rolleyes:

As a percentage of your supporter base, it's a disgrace.

Port only have a small supporter base, say 250,000, yet we managed 31k to Wangas 300th. The Crows have about 600,000 supporters yet couldn't even get near selling AAMI out for Hart's 300th.

Lack of passion? :thumbsdown:

I just saw Port supporers criticised in another thread for Port only having a crowd of about 31,000 to Wangas 300th game. So I did some research into the numbers at a similar Crows game.

Disgraceful from a club who prides itself on having 50,000 members, being the team for all South Australian's and being more passionate than Port supporters.

Nice Try Salopek. Just accept that your supporter base is not as loyal as you think. I compared Wangas to Roo and you dimissed it immediately.

Your supporter base is as fickle as they come, just look at the efforts during the "Dream Final" debarcle. And the continual empty seats at AAMI stadium week in week out is an embarrassment to yourself and your fellow supporters.

Check your info, Harts game was a sellout and most no shows would be Port supporters who hold category 1 memberships.

Don't go blaming ticket prices, as PAFC's tickets are the cheapest in the AFL and a lot cheaper than Crows tickets. Its a pity that "normal" Port supporters are low life, un employed drop kicks, otherwise they could actually afford to go.

Only a few thousand become available to the general public for our games. Yes we have 50,000 members but not all are season ticket holders. Of the 50,000, thousands are Port supporters who dont feed their kids and buy Category 1 membership tickets which entitles entry into our games. When they dont show it reduces our attendance.

Your support is a disgrace because every true blue Port fan knew they could buy a ticket to that game but chose not to.

Only a few thousand become available to the general public for our games. Yes we have 50,000 members but not all are season ticket holders. Of the 50,000, thousands are Port supporters who dont feed their kids and buy Category 1 membership tickets which entitles entry into our games. When they dont show it reduces our attendance.

Your support is a disgrace because every true blue Port fan knew they could buy a ticket to that game but chose not to.[/quote]

Probably because they are paying of mortgages and have social lives unlike Cows supporters. Realistically the same amount of supporters from both teams couldn't be stuffed going. Port was missing around 6000 and Crows 7000. On another note just cause Wangas didn't have as many people show up doesn't mean he isn't more of a champion than your pieces of crap.

Your support is a disgrace because every true blue Port fan knew they could buy a ticket to that game but chose not to.[/quote]

Probably because they are paying of mortgages and have social lives unlike Cows supporters. Realistically the same amount of supporters from both teams couldn't be stuffed going. Port was missing around 6000 and Crows 7000. On another note just cause Wangas didn't have as many people show up doesn't mean he isn't more of a champion than your pieces of crap.

Unbelievabew, so now you have a problem with Crows supporters turning up to games. You Port supporters will make any excuse. Just face facts that Port Supporters abandoned one of their favourite sons on his big milestone. Its shameful yes...and I don't balme you for venting your anger and shame at your and your fellow supporters actions towards the crows, at least you know you all did the wrong thing

Actually 27,680 turned up for Wanganeens 300th Game (So just under half the stadium was empty). 43,206 Turned up for Ben Harts 300, maybe more turned up to see Ben's 300th as he did them all at one club. 47,487 Turned up for Roo's 300th, thats nearly 20,000 more than for Wanganeen's 300th! So before you troll, calling supporters disgraceful... check your own back yard.

Must be embarressing to get the crowd figure as wrong as you did... opps.... was it a mistake, or just a lie to hide the embarressment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port supporters owning their own homes? Laughable son, laughable.
Port supporters 'have a social life' so don't attend the footy? That is the weakest excuse I have ever seen. Going to the footy is always a nice social occasion, a few drinks, watch your favourite footy team. Terrible effort young man.

Actually 27,680 turned up for Wanganeens 300th Game (So just under half the stadium was empty). 43,206 Turned up for Ben Harts 300, maybe more turned up to see Ben's 300th as he did them all at one club. 47,487 Turned up for Roo's 300th, thats nearly 20,000 more than for Wanganeen's 300th! So before you troll, calling supporters disgraceful... check your own back yard.

Fact still stands, 600,000 Crows supporters can't get close to filling AAMI for Ben Hart's 300th. The team for all South Australians who can't fill the ground with the whole state behind them.

And what a legend Hart was playing all 300 at one club. :thumbsu:
Wasn't it great of the Crows to let him retire on his own terms after 16 years of service to the club. :eek:

Fact still stands, 600,000 Crows supporters can't get close to filling AAMI for Ben Hart's 300th. The team for all South Australians who can't fill the ground with the whole state behind them.

And what a legend Hart was playing all 300 at one club. :thumbsu:
Wasn't it great of the Crows to let him retire on his own terms after 16 years of service to the club. :eek:

Facts? 50% of the stadium was deserted when Wanganeen played his 300th, yet just over a season prior you had 50k there... looks like the Port has a solid percentage of bandwagon supporters, that must be VERY embarressing.

As for Ben Hart retirement, do you support the club or the players? Which do you consider bigger in the scheme of things, the club or the player?

Facts? 50% of the stadium was deserted when Wanganeen played his 300th, yet just over a season prior you had 50k there... looks like the Port has a solid percentage of bandwagon supporters, that must be VERY embarressing.

As for Ben Hart retirement, do you support the club or the players? Which do you consider bigger in the scheme of things, the club or the player?

If your Tredders, the individual is bigger than the club.

Don't worry Salopek 31 has no credibility what so ever in another thread he has probably joined the chorus in saying the Crows are too old. Just like hi pathetic escuse for Port supporters not turning up to the footy because they have mortgages and social lives.

If your Tredders, the individual is bigger than the club.

Like here

Finally.jpg

ok then da crow I'll answer your questions.

Wanganeen's 300th would've been one of our best non-showdown crowds for the season. The 50k at the prelim final is inflated by people forking out money for tickets who can't afford to go to the footy week in week out and also people from the country who can't make the journey to footy park every weekend. Yes theres a small percentage of bandwagoners but every team has them.

And yes player > club but club legends should be given the opportunity to retire on their own terms. Wangas had that opportunity, I bet Roo will, why didn't Hart?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows supporters - disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back