Women's Footy Crunch-time Rd 9 v North @ Arden St

Remove this Banner Ad

Our form coming into finals is garbage. Our best is good enough but haven't seen it for a few weeks.

Don't see us impacting unless something changes in the next week.

Somehow our game style based on speed not skill doesn't work against good opponents. Especially marking is a problem. We play on and kick at all cost often, then can't mark. Works only against opposition we can outnumber around tha ball due to our superior fitness.

Can't see us beat 3 finals sides in a row atm.

Well beaten in the ruck hitouts which had a big part to play in the centre clearances because King was directing them away from our mids.

Quite a few times when we had clear chances to go into that last connection towards goal we absolutely stuffed it up by foot and hand.

Duffy and Houghton had forgettable days up forward.

One positive for the future was the Verrier looked quite accomplished in the back half because of her good skills.

Somehow our game style based on speed not skill doesn't work against good opponents. Especially marking is a problem. We play on and kick at all cost often, then can't mark. Works only against opposition we can outnumber around tha ball due to our superior fitness.

Can't see us beat 3 finals sides in a row atm.
I feel like i say this on our board every week but nothing changes. Girls need to work on basic marking, handballing and kicking over the summer. You don't win a premiership with those level skills. It's like a disease at Freo, anyone got any idea why?

Geez if Emily McGuire could get her fitness sorted she'd be incredible at AFLW. Her skills... nice. Doubt she'll get a third chance though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have probably the worst ruck in the comp as well. Easily pushed out of contests, scared of the ball, softer hands than butter, I'd be surprised if she got a quarter of the hitouts today.
Making our midfield look horrible.

We have probably the worst ruck in the comp as well. Easily pushed out of contests, scared of the ball, softer hands than butter, I'd be surprised if she got a quarter of the hitouts today.
Making our midfield look horrible.
Yeah it's harsh because she is only 19yo but she's been our main weakness all season. Tighe getting injured again before the season started gave us no other choice. You could almost just rotate Houghton and Roux though and get an extra runner out there.

I think Defence is still outstanding.
Midfield is only breaking even instead of smashing the opposition.
Forward line hasn’t really turned up for a while now.
Even so Freo are creating enough quality opportunities to win but just can’t kick the goals when they have the chance.

Not out of the race yet by any means but the road ahead is tougher now for sure

Do 3rd / 4th get home finals at any point?

1st week, playing 5th and 6th, right?

Yup.

Go Brissy. If they win we host North or Melbourne (if Adelaide get demolished by Collingwood) at home next week.

How deflating.
Ladies might have got ahead of themselves in the offseason.

I'm such a selfish campaigner.
I just want a p ship 😪
Hardly selfish, when every single supporter of this club - be they 7 or 27 years worth - want nothing more than to see a purple shower of tinsel after a GF.

But I’m with estibador - the AFL f***ed us over last year. It’s the Freo curse. It’s in the AFL constitution.

Yup.

Go Brissy. If they win we host North or Melbourne (if Adelaide get demolished by Collingwood) at home next week.

So Brissy are doing is a solid at the moment by actually KICKING STRAIGHT...
And we need Collingwood to beat Adelaide by a significant margin to overtake them into 3rd spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy Crunch-time Rd 9 v North @ Arden St

Remove this Banner Ad

Back