Cult heroes

Remove this Banner Ad

84e4_1.jpg

:thumbsu:

****ing Eishold, I still don't forgive him for that miss in the 1987 Preliminary Final.

Seriously, he was two metres out!!!
I was only a kid back in '87 watching the result of that game in the news (sad day). If we had made it to the '87 GF would we have been a chance against Carlton or do you reckon they would have beaten us comfortably?

I was only a kid back in '87 watching the result of that game in the news (sad day). If we had made it to the '87 GF would we have been a chance against Carlton or do you reckon they would have beaten us comfortably?

I was only a kid too. But from all reports, we probably wouldn't have beaten Carlton anyway. They had a week off, and we copped some injuries, so they probably would've done to us what they did to Hawthorn.

But still...****ing Eishold.

I was only a kid too. But from all reports, we probably wouldn't have beaten Carlton anyway. They had a week off, and we copped some injuries, so they probably would've done to us what they did to Hawthorn.

But still...****ing Eishold.

If we played in the GF we would've been missing Robbie Flower, Alan Johnson, Brian Wilson, and Garry Lyon broke his leg in the final round (apparently he cried when he was on the stretcher, but this is yet to be verified ...) so yeah, we would've struggled.

Speaking of cult heroes - what about Anthony Ingerson. How many times did he save us on the backline?

If we played in the GF we would've been missing Robbie Flower, Alan Johnson, Brian Wilson, and Garry Lyon broke his leg in the final round (apparently he cried when he was on the stretcher, but this is yet to be verified ...) so yeah, we would've struggled.

Speaking of cult heroes - what about Anthony Ingerson. How many times did he save us on the backline?
Back to back GF losses definitely would have sucked I guess.

Ingo was very handy down back for his day.

mine was darren cuthbertson for all of 3 weeks.. when he was on fire

darren bennett was bloody good kicking them from 60 of 2 steps..

and all time favourite player was jakovich.. sliding on his knees in the wet and taking the mark on his chest.. i spent hours mastering that mark at school.. plus the game against collingwood when he kicked like 7 or 8.. he kicked the goal then went to the fence and smashed his fist against it..
spraying water on the collingwood player and trainer it was great.. he was my hero:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Cult heroes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back