Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2002
hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NHFC demons & SH/SB sharks
hi all just thought a change from the dessie situation is needed
what are your thoughts on this kid ? he looked great early last season before getting injured but some say he has an attitude problem is this true ? can he fit into the side,maybe dessies spot or is he trade bait ? i notice other club boards are mentioning his name a bit especially the tigers

Talent-wise, he makes Des look like a hack*. Anyone for that matter. Just got to get the mental side of his game into gear. Those shoulders are a bit of a concern too.

* Slight exaggeration, but you get my drift.

Thought I should point out Cupido was spotted at a Box Hill final last month. Probably nothing in it, but by quarter time we had him appearing in the brown and gold next year for sure! :D

Very good player, needs to do some more of the hard stuff though. Few too many one handed pick ups for my liking.

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
Very good player, needs to do some more of the hard stuff though. Few too many one handed pick ups for my liking.

That's so he can have a girl in each hand. Not sure if the 'hard stuff' will help him with that though.

The boy'll be a star when given his opportunity.. I don't like the idea of losing him even if the shoulder's a bit of a worry.. I'm a big fan of natural left footers and Cupido has the ability to right up an area we've been a bit lacklustre in at times, our kicking for goal.

Thought I should point out Cupido was spotted at a Box Hill final last month. Probably nothing in it, but by quarter time we had him appearing in the brown and gold next year for sure! :D
Albeit dressed as if he was prepared for a Heavyweight boxing press conference with Don King involved.

Or maybe my memory is screwed...:p

so whats the go with him ?? is he too keen on himself or is it a general attitude problem

The impression I've always had of him is that he lacks maturity.

Lions fans here may have a copy of the 2001 premiership yearbook, with a section on the reserves flag. There's a big photo of the team celebrating their win. There they all are, smiling broadly - all but Cupido, who's mugging the camera making a stupid face.

He's got talent to burn, trouble is he burns a bit too much. Let's see how he goes in 2003 after a season wasted by injury - he may just realise that he doesn't have forever to prove his potential.

Thought I should point out Cupido was spotted at a Box Hill final last month. Probably nothing in it, but by quarter time we had him appearing in the brown and gold next year for sure!
There's a couple of old team mates playing for Box Hill this season, namely Clint Alleyway and Tommy Tarrant. Maybe he was catching up with them. Or maybe he knows other people who play for them, all his family live in Victoria.

cheers Kaz :)

good onya kaz....

but u know.. no one else cares about former players of our team, especially the reserves, hey come to think of it.. they dont really care when they ARE playing for us......

hope tommy & clint played well in that game if they did play..........

Originally posted by Beausgirl43
There's a couple of old team mates playing for Box Hill this season, namely Clint Alleyway and Tommy Tarrant. Maybe he was catching up with them. Or maybe he knows other people who play for them, all his family live in Victoria.

cheers Kaz :)

Allers was playing - I think Tommy T played in the ressies that day, can't really remember. He was talking to a few of the younger Hawk-listed players, I think from his Under 18's club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a chat with Cupido a few weeks ago and he indicated that he would like to remain at the Club and was looking forward to playing again. He did however say that all depended on the Club wanting him still. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

cupido

Remove this Banner Ad

Back