Curious re silver afl members check...

Remove this Banner Ad

JellyBelly82

Rookie
Sep 18, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did anyone go tote grand final with their own silver membership and a ticket from a gold barcode and get I'd checked.

The afl website says you have to have id and a matching membership, just wondering what they did. They must have known there were no tickets sold to afl silver members.

Obviously if you had no membership they'd bake you but what if you had a valid silver with a gold ticket.

Anyone answer this DEFINITIVELY?

Brother borrowed a mates full Doggies membership. They checked both the ticket and membership and asked him for id. He showed them his id and because it didnt match they confiscated the membership card and made him pay an extra $140 to get in.

They said that my mate with the full doggies membership would be downgraded to silver as well.

Little bro said that the same thing happened to the next ten people after him and he said there was a list about two pages long with full members who had onsold their tickets!

Always amazed when I hear of people taking the chance.

They always issue the warnbing.

Guess I just got a little higher in the queue now:D

The tickets from Ticketek don't have any matching info to the memberships used to purchase them, do they?

I wasn't checked. Just scanned the barcode on my ticket and waltzed in.

What time did you enter?

I entered late (1:30) for 2005/2006 and it was pandemonium so nothing was being checked.

Surely you would enter during the peak time and hope for the best

Awesome!! Means that there will be a few more Gold Memberships made available to Silver Members like myself who have been Silver Members for 6 or so years! :D

Don't cheat the system boys and girls!

Awesome!! Means that there will be a few more Gold Memberships made available to Silver Members like myself who have been Silver Members for 6 or so years! :D

Don't cheat the system boys and girls!

What year did you start silver?

I wouldn't mind 3/4000 dropping off this year.

Brother borrowed a mates full Doggies membership. They checked both the ticket and membership and asked him for id. He showed them his id and because it didnt match they confiscated the membership card and made him pay an extra $140 to get in.

They said that my mate with the full doggies membership would be downgraded to silver as well.

Little bro said that the same thing happened to the next ten people after him and he said there was a list about two pages long with full members who had onsold their tickets!

Yeah that makes sense. But my question is what if your mate had a valid silver membership? You would be able to produce a membership and matching ID.

would you still get done? They'd have to know that silver memberships never even got a shot at tickets....

That's the scenario I want to know about first hand.

Way time was this? Was it outside the gate or inside the ground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing as no silver members had an opportunity to buy a ticket and your membership ID says "silver member" on it, they might put 2 and 2 together.

I just made sure I didn't get checked the last 2 times I went. Wait for someone else to be checked and walk passed.

Seeing as no silver members had an opportunity to buy a ticket and your membership ID says "silver member" on it, they might put 2 and 2 together.

I just made sure I didn't get checked the last 2 times I went. Wait for someone else to be checked and walk passed.

This is how I got my mate in. I walked straight at her and she checked my details, My mate who had someone elses ticket walked in behind me un checked. She was standing in front of the main gate and majoirty of people were going through the glass doors unchecked.

so it's that easy... just wait till they bail someone up? were they checking inside or outside the gate?

Outside the gate. Person in a suit with a clipboard. Just hang around gate 6 until you see someone get checked and head straight on past. Never had a problem with it. Once you are in, you are in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Curious re silver afl members check...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back