List Mgmt. Current Contract Lengths

Remove this Banner Ad

JJ about to sign a new extended contract, any tic of the clock now.
Maybe Jason McCartney should get George Hewett down to soften him up a bit in the contract negotiations so that he signs for $500k p.a? ;)

Nah, I expect JJ to come out and make a statement with a big game against Melbourne this week, for his club, for his pride and for his bank balance. If Melbourne comes out and roughs him up like they hinted they would and he can't perform, then he can forget about asking for $800k p.a.

Honestly not terrible news, the offers are already out there so he either decides to stay or go at this point. And if he decides to go the more clubs interested the better. I bet West Coast's offer isn't the biggest.
If that's the case, take it as a good thing as Freo want him too, so there might be a bidding war.
JJ about to sign a new extended contract, any tic of the clock now.
If he does sign a new deal, might be a 3, possibly 4 year deal which will make him a free agent.

I was hoping he was only going to sign for 2-3 years then grab him as a free agent. signed a 5 year deal

Well, in 5 years time he can choose where he wants to go in return for a can of baked beans. That's the going compensation now, isn't it? :D

Well, in 5 years time he can choose where he wants to go in return for a can of baked beans. That's the going compensation now, isn't it? :D
Well Freo some how suckered Collingwood to sign Chris Mayne on a 4 year deal at $500,000 a year. We got pick 23 in which we got Brad hill.

Again, we got pick 23 when we lost Chris Mayne. Collingwood got pick 10 for losing Daisy Thomas. Buddy Franklin Compo pick was worth pick 19. We Nabbed Colin Sylvia on a 3 year deal from 2014-16 and Demons some how got pick 28.

I don't know the Compo Formula, you need to ask the AFL on that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm happy to do it. I'll start up a new thread soon.

I'll have to start up a new father/son & academy thread also since he was looking after that one too.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Current Contract Lengths

Remove this Banner Ad

Back