Current players who have had moments of greatness

Remove this Banner Ad

- Christensen's grab against two Pies in the GF.

- Buddy's final goal in the PF. Would have been even greater if it was the sealer.

- Shaw's smother

Can one player have two moments of greatness?

Chappy might go close

2007 Grand Final Mark

9match1.jpg

2009 Winning Goal

[YOUTUBE]E5CQr7RWn0U[/YOUTUBE]

A mix of current and past that jump to mind.....

Wayne Harmes surely.

Gary Ablett snr.....so many you can't pick one!

Leo Barry....sensational

Varcoes 2011 final quarter goal....amazing determination and just hard gut running.

Phil Manassa's run.....

Buddy's goal v Essendon from the boundary...breathtaking and extraordinary.

The " I see it but I don't believe it" goal in 2005....by Nack Div.....Nock Dav.....Nav Dick..... ... can't get it out but you know who I mean!

Goddards mark and goal in the drawn GF.

Scarletts toe poke for chapmans goal in 2009 GF.

Cyril 3 on 1 on the wing in 08 GF.

Buddy kicking 7 and the winner v Crows.

Stewy Dews 5 minute blitz.
Really poor quality but... [youtube]h47PPxIocD4[/youtube]

[youtube]ccJ24Vqv_TI[/youtube]

[youtube]DuIIJd2pCK8[/youtube]

Can one player have two moments of greatness?

How about 2 in 1 game? :p

1. The yo-yo roving: [youtube]QA8OOZ2j0FE[/youtube]
  2. The 3 on 1 tackle. [see above]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He isn't currently playing but Leo Barry clearly has this won. Nick Davis in the same year.

People will remember premiership heroes from their teams and thier moments, whereas others may not. E.g. people from Geelong will remember a lot, like Rooke in 09 finishing, Hawkins demolishing Collingwood, Ottens run-down in 07. There are so many.

Buddy kicking 7 and the winner v Crows.

Stewy Dews 5 minute blitz.

yeah lets dedicate 8-10 minutes of these two in a highlights package.....notice highlights is the key word :cool:

[YOUTUBE]L0oqrXniLME[/YOUTUBE]

One week later.........

[YOUTUBE]fDXLLj98DR0[/YOUTUBE]

I shudder to think what he will do at 25. He'll kill someone.

His life is a continuous moment of greatness.

Quoted for the lols.

hahah

I did misread the thread a bit though....its about individual moments rather than games....but he came of age in that GF and proved that blonde players with hyphenated surnames and gay first names can sometimes actully play foooty!!

Also quoted for the lols.

I have no idea how he perceived around the footy world now but I hope LRT is viewed as the good player he is. It may be hard for him to ever escape that **** (to quote Mr. Gervais) look he has always had, but he has produced a very solid career thus far.

Anyway, back on topic, the Troy Schwarze goal is a great example IMO. Against the Lions wasn't it? At Etihad?

Leo and Davis are ones close to my heart as well of course. But as has been pointed out, I anticipate Leo's mark will somewhat overshadow just what a good player he was. Davis always seemed like somewhat unfulfilled potential in that he was brilliant in some seasons and games for us but never quite found the consistency that would allow him to live up to his burgeoning talent. But that quarter...oh that quarter of football. I doubt I'll ever witness anything like it ever again in sport.

I shudder to think what he will do at 25. He'll kill someone.
How does a regulation tackle qualify mentioning Ziebell?

Or is it that he lined up a player who actually belongs in this thread?

My goodness.

Varcoe's sealer in the Grand Final was a phenomenal effort and reward for a herculean effort.

Would it be fair to call Goddard's mark as amongst the single most spectacular moments in Australian sporting history considering the context. If they had gone on to win it, it would've gone down in history akin to Harmes' knock-on (minus the controversy) and Leo Barry's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current players who have had moments of greatness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back