Multiplat Cyberpunk 2077

Do you think that this game will eventually live up to its hype?

• Yeah

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Nah

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, the game has been in development since 'last gen' was new. It shouldn't struggle. It should be optimised better.

Meh. Refer to point 1 about infinite delays I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And you can optimise all you like, but its not like you can squeeze out as much processing power as you need if only you had enough time. Its a balancing act eg. they could optimise so that frame rate and stability is better, but then the buildings and world would probably look even worse than they do currently, or some other concession.
[/QUOTE]

The world honestly doesn't need to be what it is, but that goes for a lot of games. Open world design has some average principles these days and despite technological improvements has gone backwards.

I haven't tried this myself yet as I've jumped off for the night, but someone just sent this to me about a setting that's off by default and might be why junk customisation seems a bit lacking. I also tried to run around in the nude before but whenever I looked down my V was wearing shorts when I know very well I didn't have any equipped. Hoping that this setting also affects that.

View attachment 1026896

Does it make a difference? And I checked settings before I begun playing, I think it is set to off by default.

Meh. Refer to point 1 about infinite delays I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And you can optimise all you like, but its not like you can squeeze out as much processing power as you need if only you had enough time. Its a balancing act eg. they could optimise so that frame rate and stability is better, but then the buildings and world would probably look even worse than they do currently, or some other concession.

The world honestly doesn't need to be what it is, but that goes for a lot of games. Open world design has some average principles these days and despite technological improvements has gone backwards.
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like personal preference. Even before release you had people querying things like crowd density - guaranteed that if they shored up an area or 2 you care about on last gen consoles, there'll be a heap of people on the flip side complaining about trade offs in other areas.

As has been mentioned by others, really shouldn't have been released on last gen - but that's simply not a viable option at this point, for any company in CDPR's position.

Played 34 hours on PS4 pro, would have had 20+ random crashes now.

Story, weaponary, upgrade paths and missions are all fun and engaging. The city itself is interesting to explore for a while. (gets a bit repetitive I find)

However the game is not finished and should not have been released in this state. The inventory menus are bugged and clunky, some weapons can shoot through walls, missons are bugged, enemies clip through doors and can be shot, pretty much all the character animations bug from time to time, driving around is terrible, enemy AI is sub par (Goldeneye 64 standard), I have clipped though the floor multiple times to my death, mission audio plays over other missions, audio/visual options don't save.

That's just off the top of my head. The bugs are constant and all thoughout the game.

Framerate drops I can handle, this is a next gen game (I know it wasn't marketed as such) and playing it on old hardware like PS4 drops are inevitable, but the unfinished nature of the game is frustrating.

The foundations are there for a top tier game, I recommend not to start for a couple of months so give CDPR time to optimise and polish.

I found that turning off HDR seemed to improve stability.

If people are smashing through the game at that sort of pace they are missing the idea of the world thats been built imo. Half the fun is exploring and checking out all the places in the city.

Exactly. I'd suggest anyone finishing this in 19 hours is pretty much in speed run territory - like, are you even playing the game? Listening to conversations etc? And no side stuff whatsoever.

Not sure why anyone would be interested in experiencing this game like that.

People paid 100 bucks to play it on those consoles as it was promised and marketed. The game was announced well before next gen consoles were. Red Dead Redemption 2 was a gorgeous game that ran fine on PS4 and didn't have a lifeless world full of poorly programmed NPCs.

Serious? You could go hours in RDR2 without seeing a single NPC :drunk:

And thats before you even get to things like choices throughout the game effecting your playthrough. RDR2 had 2 endings that you chose right at the finish and involved nothing more than a different final cutscene. Cyberpunk has, what is it, 16 different endings plus dialogue etc. that are impacted by stuff you may have done in the first 1/4 of the game.

Not comparable at all IMO.

CDPR: We're delaying again
Everyone: Farkin wot!?? Again?? Shithouse.

CDPR: Here's the game
Everyone: Farkin wot!?? Its not finished. Shithouse.

Literally cannot win.

I'm on PS5 and reckon the game runs fine btw. 2 crashes and a floating car pre the update over the weekend, no issues whatsoever yet after it. I mean yeah, of course its gonna be a struggle on last gen, did anyone think it that wasn't gonna be the case?

100%. And you can't blame them for that either - they've been working on this for 7 years. 150 odd million last gen consoles out there, no company in the world is gonna leave that much potential cheddar on the table.
Yeah, shouldn't have pre-ordered.

Yeah 3rd person would've been really cool

The reason they didn't include it was for immersion reasons because they think first person would make it more immersive, but I kinda disagree. Actually think third person actual rendered cut scenes during the main plot would make the game much more cinematic

Who knows, maybe it's corner cutting, it'd have taken a lot of effort to make those things when there are clearly a lot of other areas that are pretty unfinished

This game can be what it hypes itself to be but definitely needs another year of development, if they keep making patches and content for it to fix it then it'd finally be great like a year from now

Totally agree. As I've already mentioned, not sure what the point of character customisation and thousands of cool clothing options is when you never see your character in game anyway.

I have trouble buying its just a "coz immersion" decision. As you say, doing it this way allows them to cut right down on fully mo-capped cinematic cutscenes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does it make a difference? And I checked settings before I begun playing, I think it is set to off by default.

I don't think so :shrug: . I checked out the main menu and mine is also already set to off. And for science I looked out for a Joytoy and it doesn't look like there is any censorship. Only when I'm not wearing pants and I look down and have pants on.

Totally agree. As I've already mentioned, not sure what the point of character customisation and thousands of cool clothing options is when you never see your character in game anyway.

I have trouble buying its just a "coz immersion" decision. As you say, doing it this way allows them to cut right down on fully mo-capped cinematic cutscenes.
I did think this but with mirrors and third person driving/riding and the inventory screen I think you get to see your character just enough to make it worthwhile. You see yourself more than a far cry game anyway.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I see my legs all the time. Makes me think, "Why am I wearing these booty shorts for an extra 3 armour?"

As has been mentioned by others, really shouldn't have been released on last gen - but that's simply not a viable option at this point, for any company in CDPR's position.
I disagree. CDPR could have delayed the console versions, as long as they did it up front. Maybe the last extension could have been for PC with consoles to be extended further into 2021. Sure, there would have been outrage but no different to what there is now and I think they would have made more money that way long term, although this quarter would look worse.

Surprised all the PC hardware partners they were working with didn't push this harder. It would have generated more PC sales of people not wanting to wait.

It should be able to run on last gen, just needs a lot of polish, tricks and only 30 frames. They clearly haven't had time to do this and have just turned the sliders all the way down on the PC version.

Last edited:
I disagree. CDPR could have delayed the console versions, as long as they did it up front. Maybe the last extension could have been for PC with consoles to be extended further into 2021. Sure, there would have been outrage but no different to what there is now and I think they would have made more money that way long term, although this quarter would look worse.

Surprised all the PC hardware partners they were working with didn't push this harder. It would have generated more PC sales of people not wanting to wait.

It should be able to run on last gen, just needs a lot of polish, tricks and only 30 frames. They clearly haven't had time to do this and have just turned the sliders all the way down on the PC version.

Thats pretty much what they did though (be upfront about delays, and held as long as they could for the sake of console) - it's just that their best guesses as to how long they needed kept being too optimistic.

Would say they finally exhausted investor patience - reading between the lines it seems like it was 2020 or bust, '21 simply not an option. And yeah, there'd still be fan outrage about no console version, but they'd also be getting grief financially/from investors - as it stands now there's some fan outrage but at least the return on investment has started rolling in. At the end of the day, triple A developers exist to make money.

People would have found a reason to be outraged anyway, there's only so long you can delay something like that. No Mans Sky was in a similar situation, that game was incredibly broken and disappointing and they patched all the issues. Cyberpunk is unlikely to get the free DLCs that NMS got, but sometimes you just have to put something out there and fix the issues after the fact.

so is it worth getting on ps4 or xbox1? or should I wait until I get the new console(s)?
Sounds like it depends on your level of cluelessness and entitlement, if you can accept your experience is going to be limited then you should be fine, if you want to play it in all its sexiness and/or somehow think a 7 year old console can achieve said sexiness then wait for the next-gen release.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Cyberpunk 2077

Back