Cyril Rioli is still the most overrated player of all time.

Remove this Banner Ad

They have 'buddy' and now they have 'chopper' rioli. Can't kick a drop punt the poor kid.

images

What's the reputation that Rioli has? Be specific.

As far as output goes, Rioli up to his 3rd year was statistically on par or better than other midfield/fwd greats including Hird and Akermanis in their third years.

But go on and define the reputation for me please.

Just out of interest, what was the average number of possessions per team per game back when Hird and Aker were playing their 3rd year of football, according to when Rioli was playing his 3rd season?

Don't know but it's irrelevant. You'd have to find the average number for a half-forward/midfielder.

On actual output he's underrated. Not having his best year but still the No.1 average goal assist player in the comp.
Ahhhhhhhhhh Rainman, you never cease to completely pwn yourself :thumbsu::thumbsu::p:p
make a stupid statement and can't find figures for it so it must now be irrelevant.

You are the gift that just keeps giving :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

HP trying to change thread direction towards Judd, who'd have thought? :eek:

HP does seem to have the deflection shield set to maximum like he doesn't want everyone to become awake to the fact that Cyril is slowly becoming more like Dean Rioli than Maurice Rioli

Ahhhhhhhhhh Rainman, you never cease to completely pwn yourself :thumbsu::thumbsu::p:p

Didn't even contradict myself. I can already tell where your misunderstanding lies though. :eek:

I said that the stat differential across different eras is irrelevant in comparing half forwards of yesterday to today, and that only the stat differential for half forwards could hold some relevance.

You read it as "stats are irrelevant". Which, after I brought up stats, would be a contradiction.

I don't even need you anymore, Chis, I can pwn you by proxy :D

P.S. Have a look see at the most overrated player in the history of the game.

http://heraldsun.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

"He's proven that he's absolutely at the top of the tree with his overhead marking"

:eek:

Didn't even contradict myself. I can already tell where your misunderstanding lies though. :eek:

I said that the stat differential across different eras is irrelevant in comparing half forwards of yesterday to today, and that only the stat differential for half forwards could hold some relevance.

You read it as "stats are irrelevant". Which, after I brought up stats, would be a contradiction.

"He's proven that he's absolutely at the top of the tree with his overhead marking"

Below is what you ACTUALLY wrote in the response.
Above in bold is what you seem to think you wrote or are just simply lying and backpeddling in a vain attempt to hide your own incompetance and stupidity. :eek::p
Rainman just gets stupider everyday.

"Don't know but it's irrelevant. You'd have to find the average number for a half-forward/midfielder.

On actual output he's underrated. Not having his best year but still the No.1 average goal assist player in the comp
."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that the one when he trips over himself?;)

No, it's the one where he does his little sidestep (generally when there's no opponent near him but anyway), it's followed the next day with Mike Sheahan trotting out something like "he lit up the MCG". Conveniently forgotten will be stats like 1 goal and 8 touches - his normal scintillating output.

Great game from His Royal Hypeness though....

Cyril Rioli is mowing Clangermakers down.

Did Clangermakers have more possessions? Displayed a similar kicking style at times.

Time to vote people, what was your favourite Cyril moment from Friday night?

1. The umpteen times he rapidly backpedalled away from any impending contests?
2. The comedy highlight when he tried the sidestep routine against three Geelong players and James Kelly planted him firmly into the MCG turf. Won a free kick too. :D
3. The bronx cheer in the last quarter when the ball managed to bounce into his magical hands.

No doubt His Hypeness showed wizardry at all times though.

It's gold that you think it's gold.

Not since my recent Fawkner sojourn have I had my faith in my fellow humans intelligence so deeply rocked :D

Nice backpedal but what you openly said is - "Im in the dark on this but it doesn't matter anyway"...
Continue on with your make believe day trips, pudge... :D:thumbsu:
Gold.

Below is what you ACTUALLY wrote in the response.
Above in bold is what you seem to think you wrote or are just simply lying and backpeddling in a vain attempt to hide your own incompetance and stupidity. :eek::p

I'm now doubly convinced that you don't actually know what you're reading.

There is no contradiction between these two statements when read in context, so maybe sort that out first.

My initial statement that you jumped upon and the subsequent explanation are different because you didn't get it the first time.

Nice backpedal but what you openly said is - "Im in the dark on this but it doesn't matter anyway"...
Continue on with your make believe day trips, pudge... :D:thumbsu:

Um, no, I actually dismissed stats are irrelevant when comparing the stats of two half forwards from two different eras. You'd know this if you read the question and answer in proper order. The reason for my opinion is mainly due to half backs over possessing the ball, etc.

Rioli's 3rd year numbers are as good as or better than those of many legends of the game, including Akermanis and James Hird.

Rioli's 3rd year numbers are as good as or better than those of many legends of the game, including Akermanis and James Hird.

lol must clearly be a better player then.....:thumbsdown: Rioli will always be a exiting but inconsistent and injury prone player.Unless he can spend more time in the midfield.

Oh HP you make me laugh.

Um, no, I actually dismissed stats are irrelevant when comparing the stats of two half forwards from two different eras. You'd know this if you read the question and answer in proper order. The reason for my opinion is mainly due to half backs over possessing the ball, etc.

Funny how this logic doesn't come to the fore when you're fluffing Matthews. :rolleyes:
You didn't know so you decided not to care, simple...

Akermanis - Rioli - Hird... Spot the odd one out.

So you don't think a player nowadays would get more disposals with the short chipping and chain of handballs game style as opposed to the more direct long kicking as was being used in the early 1990's when Voss and Hird were starting out? Interesting...

Sure I do, champ, sure I do. I did a lot of the stats for AFL Tables, so I'm certainly aware of the main differences between Matthews' era and today.

Not according to this you didn't: http://stats.rleague.com/afl/notes.html

Scroll down the bottom of that page, and you'll see that you only did one season, and didn't even finish that one by yourself. Considering that site has stats for about 37 years or so, only about half of one season isn't really that much, is it? :eek:

Sure I do, champ, sure I do. I did a lot of the stats for AFL Tables, so I'm certainly aware of the main differences between Matthews' era and today.

Except when comparing him to someone like Dick Reynolds, aye pudge...? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cyril Rioli is still the most overrated player of all time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back