D1 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still keeping a lid on it KB. One game at a time as they say. I'd like to congratulate MT for a different reason. It's funny how the worm turns. At the same venue last year [Rnd 18] MT was a playing for the Rupo Reds. It's amazing what can happen when you show some faith in a player. Hope you turn it on all year Matt.

Rupertswood
(daylight)
Werribee
NOBSPC
Whitefriars
Old Mentonians
(daylight)
Fitzroy
South Melb Districts
Aquinas
Emmeaus
Prahran

Another comprehensive display out at Soldiers by my lads, though I can't comment on the Aquinas boys' (lack of) post-match attendance as I had to duck off myself!!!

I take it Richard Robinson is a NOBSPC follower/player, and we're happy to be grouped in the chasing pack of 4 in his most recent list. However, given the other 3 are all level or worse on the win-loss ratio, perhaps you need to re-jig your assessment of some of the sides in D1 this year?

I know we've only played OMs out of the supposed 'contenders', so we're not getting ahead of ourselves just yet. The results seem a little unpredictable even though injuries won't have bitten hard at most clubs just yet.

Looks like Fitzroy and SMD may be a touch better than others have predicted?

Cheers

Grum

I was absolutely disgusted in aquinas' performance after the game down at soldiers yesterday. Never in my short period in the ammo's have i seen a team show such poor spirit after a game, not one Aquinas player stayed back for a beer or the post match presentations.

Pretty pi$$ weak effort if you ask me
Settle down goose,if you didn't notice the big white square thing in the car park it's called a bus.Unfortunately the driver had a function he had to be at so the bus had to leave straight after the game with the whole Aquinas side on it, sorry to upset you.

Settle down goose,if you didn't notice the big white square thing in the car park it's called a bus.Unfortunately the driver had a function he had to be at so the bus had to leave straight after the game with the whole Aquinas side on it, sorry to upset you.

Was suprised that there weren't 22 Aquinas blokes on the bench with the blood rule. that much bitching and moaning surely must have meant that they all had thier periods....... lol (before people get upset, please do not take this comment too seriously)

The only spirit they showed after quarter time was trying to be physical when they were 16 goals down.

First quarter was a cracker, thoroughly disappointing game after that.

Couldnt have been in too much of a hurry. i was at the ground for nearly an hour after the final siren, and the bus was still in the car park when i left with aquinas boys outside it. Must have been a late start at that function........

Interesting spot for the Mentone players fingers to be in photo number 9. Perhaps he was helping the Fitzroy player put his contact lens back in.

Mr Hayes taught me that trick during a handy shandy with andy session a while back. Usually the finger is inserted somewhere else and usually on a footy trip or mr teasdales shed out at the playing fields.But practice makes perfect

I was absolutely disgusted in aquinas' performance after the game down at soldiers yesterday. Never in my short period in the ammo's have i seen a team show such poor spirit after a game, not one Aquinas player stayed back for a beer or the post match presentations.

Pretty pi$$ weak effort if you ask me

Fair enough DK I reckon the beer after the game - win, lose or draw is stuff that makes ammo footy what it is, if we get away from that then lets all toss it in!

Bus or no Bus the bloods should have gone in for a pie and perhaps a roadie - shame bloods shame!!

Very physical game at friars yesterday with plenty of blood flowing from both teams. Too many head high's though and umpires took no control, they seem to be watching too much TV and waiting to ping blokes holding the ball rather then protecting their heads as they go after the ball. Bit of a problem at this level I reckon and Benny needs to sort the umpires out!!

Prahan for 0-4 team are very competitive and apart from a couple more injuries they will beat some teams this year!

Rupo smashing it as usual, but can't believe KB is quivelling over a goal!! You blokes are racking up cricket scores each week so take it easy KB and give us all a chance. If only it was a handicap event!!

Eddie noof nuts please stop embarrassing the Friar faithful, we love our supporters but just make a sensible contribution to the forum.

Next week should be a beauty and a toughy down at Keysborough, maybe a whack of golf athe KGC then over for the footy.

was suprised that there weren't 22 aquinas blokes on the bench with the blood rule. That much bitching and moaning surely must have meant that they all had thier periods....... Lol (before people get upset, please do not take this comment too seriously)

the only spirit they showed after quarter time was trying to be physical when they were 16 goals down.

First quarter was a cracker, thoroughly disappointing game after that.

Couldnt have been in too much of a hurry. I was at the ground for nearly an hour after the final siren, and the bus was still in the car park when i left with aquinas boys outside it. Must have been a late start at that function........

bahahahahahaha

Eddie noof nuts please stop embarrassing the Friar faithful, we love our supporters but just make a sensible contribution to the forum.

What have I done now?

As for the umpires, bloody disgraceful, but then again thats nothing new and unfortunately as the team slips down the grades the standard will keep getting worse, although the best umpire in the Ammos is actually a grade or 2 lower, maybe they can put him up to D1, Whitefriars wouldnt be too far, used to head there every week

Good win by the Tigers with all the boys sticking to the Coaches Instructions. Good to see A. Taylor cementing his spot with a good 4 Quarter game, and a welcome return for Matty A. Looking forward to NOBS this week as I'm sure they will want to show that their pre season game against us was just that.

Good win by the Tigers with all the boys sticking to the Coaches Instructions. Good to see A. Taylor cementing his spot with a good 4 Quarter game, and a welcome return for Matty A. Looking forward to NOBS this week as I'm sure they will want to show that their pre season game against us was just that.

Weribee are a bloody good outfit and i would be surprised if they lose a game at home all season!! The way the play that ground is just amazing, and after quarter time they certainly did teach us a lesson in all areas of the game....
The driver of our Bus had a function he had to go too and as soon as the game finished he told us we have 20mins before the bus leaves!! quite a few of us (me being one of them) went in quickly to grab a beer for the road, but had to leave straight away and couldnt hang around... It does take over an hr and a half to get there so u cant expect us to hang around for hrs when we have a bus organised!! Im sure the St Leos boys can say that round 1 we hung around for quite some time having a beer with a their young side!! so not an issue for us and think it is great to have a beer with the opposition.

As for Weribee supporters i spose when u r 100 points up u can say whatever u want but some of the remarks coming from behind the goals (presuming they are ressies players) i was shocked about!! Telling us to drive off the West gate on the way home? When one of our players got out marked they then told him he should jump off the west gate??
Now i know in the heat of battle some things happen but this takes it to far i think! Many people per week actually take their own life on the west gate bridge and even if it was meant to be harmless i think those sort of remarks are not meant to be said!!

Anyway, Weribee much to good, They are a very quick well drilled side!! forward must just love their job with the way the football came down all day!!

match of the rd for me West !!!

Nobs Height and size V Bees pace and skill,

Werribee V the big 4 ( rupo, nobs, friars, oms ) only played one of these teams for a loss ( oms )

Nobs V the big 4 - played rupo & Friars = loss, Oms = nice win,

this is a massive game for the purple ones - to be 1-4 so early in the season, with their " unfinished business " slogan under threat, if they lose could it be change to " closed for business " ?

two sides that will finish in the four for mine and i am going with the nobs to get the job done, stay in touch and start their march,

Weribee are a bloody good outfit and i would be surprised if they lose a game at home all season!! The way the play that ground is just amazing, and after quarter time they certainly did teach us a lesson in all areas of the game....
The driver of our Bus had a function he had to go too and as soon as the game finished he told us we have 20mins before the bus leaves!! quite a few of us (me being one of them) went in quickly to grab a beer for the road, but had to leave straight away and couldnt hang around... It does take over an hr and a half to get there so u cant expect us to hang around for hrs when we have a bus organised!! Im sure the St Leos boys can say that round 1 we hung around for quite some time having a beer with a their young side!! so not an issue for us and think it is great to have a beer with the opposition.

As for Weribee supporters i spose when u r 100 points up u can say whatever u want but some of the remarks coming from behind the goals (presuming they are ressies players) i was shocked about!! Telling us to drive off the West gate on the way home? When one of our players got out marked they then told him he should jump off the west gate??
Now i know in the heat of battle some things happen but this takes it to far i think! Many people per week actually take their own life on the west gate bridge and even if it was meant to be harmless i think those sort of remarks are not meant to be said!!

Anyway, Weribee much to good, They are a very quick well drilled side!! forward must just love their job with the way the football came down all day!!

Gee, Your club would want to have cleaned up your act from a few years . Pot calling kettle black there.!

Viid memories of the bethune/den braber intimidation show on the field backed up by a significnat peanut gallery behind the goals serving up vitreol to the opposition. Heard some shocking stuff. Have heard many an opposition team share similair stories, so I hope it is a thing of the past given you are criticising others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee, Your club would want to have cleaned up your act from a few years . Pot calling kettle black there.!

Viid memories of the bethune/den braber intimidation show on the field backed up by a significnat peanut gallery behind the goals serving up vitreol to the opposition. Heard some shocking stuff. Have heard many an opposition team share similair stories, so I hope it is a thing of the past given you are criticising others.

Jeeez and i can go back to 4 yrs ago when one of ur players did something to one of our players, or 2 yrs ago when something happened, Den Braber and co are no longer at our club so we are talkin about Saturday?!?!

It was started by you making remarks about us not hanging around when you had no idea of why this happened even though quite a few of our players got a beer before leaving even if it wasnt to hang around we still got a beer, a very nicely chilled VB stubbie actually. You couyld of come on here and stated facts about Weribee being to quick and to skillful and i would of copped it on the chin because it was true! But when u come here and have a go at my club which i was involved in on Saturday especially on an open forum that annoys me. You could of emailed ur concern to the club who would of happily explained the situation instead u tried to tarnish our club!! Hopefully Drifter was there round 1 when we played at Deakin and he can comment on us hanging around having a beer!! OR maybe even Harps mention about us hanging around there last yr when we copped a flogging!!

Jeeez and i can go back to 4 yrs ago when one of ur players did something to one of our players, or 2 yrs ago when something happened, Den Braber and co are no longer at our club so we are talkin about Saturday?!?!

It was started by you making remarks about us not hanging around when you had no idea of why this happened even though quite a few of our players got a beer before leaving even if it wasnt to hang around we still got a beer, a very nicely chilled VB stubbie actually. You couyld of come on here and stated facts about Weribee being to quick and to skillful and i would of copped it on the chin because it was true! But when u come here and have a go at my club which i was involved in on Saturday especially on an open forum that annoys me. You could of emailed ur concern to the club who would of happily explained the situation instead u tried to tarnish our club!! Hopefully Drifter was there round 1 when we played at Deakin and he can comment on us hanging around having a beer!! OR maybe even Harps mention about us hanging around there last yr when we copped a flogging!!

Ohhh and i am wrong in saying that "you" said it, by that i meant Weribee player or supporter!!

Ohhh and i am wrong in saying that "you" said it, by that i meant Weribee player or supporter!!

If those sledges were directed at number 32, then he deserved it. He knows what he did......

I must say I've never had a beef with any club not hanging around after games but have noticed that a smaller than usual turnout usually coinsides with a club function or a long return trip. Aquinas always stick around and believe it or not aren't bad blokes to share a beer with. NOBs players and committee packed Clarky Sheilds pavilion on Saturday on what must have been a disappointing afternoon so a big cheers to them.

Bloods22 I've taken note your a bourbon man these days so I'll be sure Reg stocks plenty of Jim Beam cans when the other Bloods come to town.

Sausage roll, the ferals on the hill at Aquinas college have toned it down somewhat from my first visit there a few years ago however I did chuckle when the Aquinas under 19's gave our lads a spray on there way to the rooms at half time 5 goals down. I guess they had forgotten that they only managed 1 goal for the whole game against Old Camberwell earlier that day.

If those sledges were directed at number 32, then he deserved it. He knows what he did......

Was that before or after one of ur players headbutted our young fella, or after I copper a punch to the face during the game? I won't mention numbers tho cause if I have a problem I would let the club know directly or the player instead of behind an alias on an open forum.. Anyway enough about the games different moments.. When was the last time weribee lost at home? Play the ground perfectly. Smd do what they usually do and become a ten goal better side after round 2. Rupertswood keep truckin along and even pahran are very competitive. Shapes as an even comp like usual.

I must say I've never had a beef with any club not hanging around after games but have noticed that a smaller than usual turnout usually coinsides with a club function or a long return trip. Aquinas always stick around and believe it or not aren't bad blokes to share a beer with. NOBs players and committee packed Clarky Sheilds pavilion on Saturday on what must have been a disappointing afternoon so a big cheers to them.

Bloods22 I've taken note your a bourbon man these days so I'll be sure Reg stocks plenty of Jim Beam cans when the other Bloods come to town.

Sausage roll, the ferals on the hill at Aquinas college have toned it down somewhat from my first visit there a few years ago however I did chuckle when the Aquinas under 19's gave our lads a spray on there way to the rooms at half time 5 goals down. I guess they had forgotten that they only managed 1 goal for the whole game against Old Camberwell earlier that day.
Harps I am a bourban man and as long as ur shouting the drinks u can stock the fridge as full as u like..

Was that before or after one of ur players headbutted our young fella, or after I copper a punch to the face during the game? I won't mention numbers tho cause if I have a problem I would let the club know directly or the player instead of behind an alias on an open forum.. Anyway enough about the games different moments.. When was the last time weribee lost at home? Play the ground perfectly. Smd do what they usually do and become a ten goal better side after round 2. Rupertswood keep truckin along and even pahran are very competitive. Shapes as an even comp like usual.

2007 rd 9 against st leos. before this year the reserves hadnt lost there since the year before

Agree with the comment about it being an even comp Prahan were very competitive on Saturday and bar a couple of injuries the scores would have been a lot closer. Anyone who plays Prahan will know they have been in a contest they went in very hard.

Big week for the Friars down at Keysborough, judging on the spirit after the game I think it is going to be a cracker!!

any explanations to NOBS and Mentone getting trumped?

or are SMD and Fitzroy better sides...
Cannot comment too much as Saturday was my first look at the 2009 version of Fitzroy, but it must be said that their attack on the football was first rate and seemed to put Old Mentonians off a bit. They look to be lacking in the big man department, but endeavour was excellent.

Yet another article in the paper today has Fitzroy clearly ahead in the media stakes, that's for sure. Bit dubious on the crowd of 1000 people as quoted, unless 400-500 were hiding behind the stand. In any case, the atmosphere was good and I'll be coming back for another look very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back