Status
Not open for further replies.
NOBS V Whitefriars - by 16 points
Aquinas VOld Mentonians - by 40 points
Emmeaus V Fitzroy - by 23 points
SMD V Werribee - by 99 points
Prahran V Roopo - by 33 points

ALL victories to away sides!!! a first?

Might have something to do with no A&B Grade games this week Eddie. Bit hard on Werribee mate.

Hmm, oh well, my idea sounded better :D but then there is this...

Also the last time we played SMD at LH oval the waterboy and SMD pest had a disagreement. The court case for the incident is only about a month away.

But with no A and B then I wonder why we only got stuck with 1 boundary?

But with no A and B then I wonder why we only got stuck with 1 boundary?[/quote]

With Friars being the away side the VAFA thought it would at least give the game 1 boundary so only the home team has to worry about a boundary.
The umpire fraternity really do look after friars Eddie.
We should all have umpires who do around "B" Grade regularly, i will wait with anticipation on your assessment.

With Friars being the away side the VAFA thought it would at least give the game 1 boundary so only the home team has to worry about a boundary.
The umpire fraternity really do look after friars Eddie.
We should all have umpires who do around "B" Grade regularly, i will wait with anticipation on your assessment.
Actually we have to provide the boundary, the home team provides the goal umpire when they are short, pretty sure that means the away side gives the boundary

But dont be expecting a great review, never really rated the RDFL umpires too highly

Actually we have to provide the boundary, the home team provides the goal umpire when they are short, pretty sure that means the away side gives the boundary

But dont be expecting a great review, never really rated the RDFL umpires too highly

You have Grant Wardrop who umpired "A" Grade last week and two goal umpires. You are getting looked after Eddie, good luck to both sides anyway hopefully it is a cracking game and the weather change comes after 5p.m

wandered down the street today kb and watched the 2 blues take on the comp leaders
can say the prahran boys were great and played with passion and pride . it also showed me what a tough well drilled outfit the roopo are, when the game was in the balance at halftime. the roopo came out and did what good sides do, took control and did what was needed to win the game .. just a good honest game of amatuer footy .. roopo toughed it out in tough conditions and those who face us dont write the toobloos off yet .we will get a scalp before the year is out

wandered down the street today kb and watched the 2 blues take on the comp leaders
can say the prahran boys were great and played with passion and pride . it also showed me what a tough well drilled outfit the roopo are, when the game was in the balance at halftime. the roopo came out and did what good sides do, took control and did what was needed to win the game .. just a good honest game of amatuer footy .. roopo toughed it out in tough conditions and those who face us dont write the toobloos off yet .we will get a scalp before the year is out

Totally concur wise man. I gotta say the boys at prahran took it up to us big time. In other tight games i have always felt we had the edge as we run over teams. Today i was rarely comfortable, we showed great character to answer the challenge. Prahran were tremendous.

Totally concur wise man. I gotta say the boys at prahran took it up to us big time. In other tight games i have always felt we had the edge as we run over teams. Today i was rarely comfortable, we showed great character to answer the challenge. Prahran were tremendous.
Big win for the bloods out at aquinas today,great effort by the boys who played hard tough contested footy proving too strong for Mentone.Looking forward to taking on Rupo next week on their own turf,"GO BLOODS."

Not an excuse but if that bloke today is an A grade umpire then they are in worse shape than even I thought. The RDFL bloke umpired well for 3 qtrs (Then again for 2 1/2 qtrs he was never in the play as the Ammos umpire took control of 90% of the ground) untill laying the softest report I have ever seen in the last qtr

They didnt seem to know the rules about what happens when a report is laid either but oh well

Anyway the Friars were simply flat after half time, a few shocking decisions that turned into goals really seemed to kill them off and they just couldnt get back into the game, I always thought it would happen at some stage, cant keep blasting teams away in the 2nd half every week, one week it is bound to happen to you. Main thing is they bounce back next week at home

Big win for the bloods out at aquinas today,great effort by the boys who played hard tough contested footy proving too strong for Mentone.Looking forward to taking on Rupo next week on their own turf,"GO BLOODS."

Well got home tonight to look at the scores but no update from Ammo website!! Well done to those wise folk who run VAFA looks like unless A & B are playing nothing happens!

Another pathetic effort from Sholley & Co you f$$$ing clowns. Stick to your A grade chardonay lunches you provide nothing for the grades below B!

Well got home tonight to look at the scores but no update from Ammo website!! Well done to those wise folk who run VAFA looks like unless A & B are playing nothing happens!

Another pathetic effort from Sholley & Co you f$$$ing clowns. Stick to your A grade chardonay lunches you provide nothing for the grades below B!
spot on jack. a few players were noting that they didn't get the text msg scores either. Sholly couldnt give a sh*t about lower grades! They fill the ammo coffers with cash but when the A and B grades have a week off so do the honchos down at elsternwick. Must not have been a good enough "free" lunch for those knobs to suck down this weekend!

spot on jack. a few players were noting that they didn't get the text msg scores either. Sholly couldnt give a sh*t about lower grades! They fill the ammo coffers with cash but when the A and B grades have a week off so do the honchos down at elsternwick. Must not have been a good enough "free" lunch for those knobs to suck down this weekend!
Couldn't agree more,what a disgraceful performance from those in charge. Hope the A & B side gets spanked, "TOSSERS".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has the milkman drank all his milk, or can he conjour up a few drops for glory in september
ttss_terrific_ten_whole_milk_v.jpg

rumour, innuendo, speculation.....snips!!

as I was walking my dog to do the weekly groceries I saw a few familar faces like britney spears and partner in crime ryno loading up on few bottles of milk. maybe planing for an early mad monday session.

Not an excuse but if that bloke today is an A grade umpire then they are in worse shape than even I thought. The RDFL bloke umpired well for 3 qtrs (Then again for 2 1/2 qtrs he was never in the play as the Ammos umpire took control of 90% of the ground) untill laying the softest report I have ever seen in the last qtr

They didnt seem to know the rules about what happens when a report is laid either but oh well

Anyway the Friars were simply flat after half time, a few shocking decisions that turned into goals really seemed to kill them off and they just couldnt get back into the game, I always thought it would happen at some stage, cant keep blasting teams away in the 2nd half every week, one week it is bound to happen to you. Main thing is they bounce back next week at home

So let me get this straight Eddie. When you lose, it's the umpires fault, but when you win, all credit goes to the players, is that the way it works at Whitefriars ?

So let me get this straight Eddie. When you lose, it's the umpires fault, but when you win, all credit goes to the players, is that the way it works at Whitefriars ?

SS that is Eddie's take on things and being an ex umpire he probably notices them more then the rest of us.

NOBS thoroughly deserved their win they simply wanted it more then the Friars in the 2nd half. That and the fact that Friars had 17 for most of the 2nd half made it hard to compete.

Well done to NOBS they have some terrific players and will provide plenty of interest towards the business end of the year!

As I said, not an excuse, we dropped off in the 2nd half and NOBs were the better side

Was simply delivering my weekly review of the umpires performances, if you look back I usually abuse them we win as well ;)

SS that is Eddie's take on things and being an ex umpire he probably notices them more then the rest of us.

NOBS thoroughly deserved their win they simply wanted it more then the Friars in the 2nd half. That and the fact that Friars had 17 for most of the 2nd half made it hard to compete.

Well done to NOBS they have some terrific players and will provide plenty of interest towards the business end of the year!

5 injuries? Doesn't sound too promising for this week's game JM, or will they all be right?
Injuries play a big part in the middle and towards the end of the season. The benefit is that you have a look at some of the boys coming up from the ressies to see how they handle the one's.
Match of the round this week as we host the Roy Boys. Looking forward to resume hostilities from last time.
Some big ins this week and tweaking of our forward set up will confuse the Roy's. Looking forward to see how it all pans out.

westy, just wondering if there was anything wrong with cam lee on the weekend? i noticed he didnt kick any goals and heard he may have only had 4 possessions.
any news from the werribee camp about him?

5 injuries? Doesn't sound too promising for this week's game JM, or will they all be right?
Injuries play a big part in the middle and towards the end of the season. The benefit is that you have a look at some of the boys coming up from the ressies to see how they handle the one's.

I notice a couple of reports to come out of the Friars - NOBS game, anyone see anything? Who's on report?

westy, just wondering if there was anything wrong with cam lee on the weekend? i noticed he didnt kick any goals and heard he may have only had 4 possessions.
any news from the werribee camp about him?
Used in a different role, as SMD ground doesn't suit our game style. I know he is looking forward to this weeks game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back