D1 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Massive) pick up Scribbler. Seems like a reasonable type of fellow though.

Jack, i believe Rupppo are playing the Friar boys over there Round 1, we have put in a protest, but me personally cant wait for the season to begin. I believe Werribbbbeeeee are playing NOBS St Pats at Ballarat before it gets too cold, last time we were there it was -36, with polar bears circling the ground, one of them ran across the ground and broke John Barkers hand.

Jack, i believe Rupppo are playing the Friar boys over there Round 1, we have put in a protest, but me personally cant wait for the season to begin. I believe Werribbbbeeeee are playing NOBS St Pats at Ballarat before it gets too cold, last time we were there it was -36, with polar bears circling the ground, one of them ran across the ground and broke John Barkers hand.

...then backed up at the local that evening to break Scott Sleep's nose too. Ugliest email of 2007.

Fixture was being tinkered by Jez Bourke when I had a bite with him on Friday. He's struggling with the U18 fixture more than anything else, but club committees have been emailed the draft one, with expectation that it be finalised and release in the next week or so.

WILL HAPPEN
Ladder for 2009

8. Rupertswood

Richie, happy to take that one on.

T West back from having to work Saturdays to get through school
L Brennan back from overseas
R Monzell 4-5 games last year will be right for round 1
G Phillips 6 fit games last year might mave won the league B&F if played full season
J Phillips 2 fit games last year will be right for round 1
J Pretty watch this jet play played under injury all year missed last 5
D Collins captain corageous played 5 games this year will be right round 1
B Brennan won't go overseas for 5 weeks
M Wilkinson wont go overseas for 3 weeks
Scotty Bradley won't go overseas for 6 weeks
C Allport back
H Spinner a gun back from shoulder re-construction
Rupo under new coach will be a force in 2009.

KB,

Any room for new blood? There must be kids ready to put pressure on the established stars. Your list seems to be missing a couple of stars from previous successful seasons.

I haven't been down to training yet but I understand the numbers are good.

If the attitude's right then I think we can bounce back and have an impact this season.

I'm expecting better results from the unders although I think the club should have appointed DW as premier coach.

It's called keeping a lid on it Atlas man.

Robbo my feel from you is you were never keen on the senior group, but yes i am sure we will pinch many up and coming players from our plethera of talent, and listen to blokes like you twist it into something that is wrong. As soon as every player aspires to play senior football we will be better for it and all heading in the same direction of playing the highest level we are capable of at senior level. Playing premier football and the seniors playing D1 is a joke, all premier sides are A&B sides, we need to push back up after a very disappointing 2008.

KB that will be a great opener if it goes ahead. Certainly will give the Friars an early indication where they at for 2009. Will make sure there are some icy cold Blondes in the fridge.

Werribbee are going to have be a good team surely after the way they have dominated D2.

Like you I am looking forward to the season ahead especially as we are back at home and I can walk down to the ground!!

It's called keeping a lid on it Atlas man.

Robbo my feel from you is you were never keen on the senior group, but yes i am sure we will pinch many up and coming players from our plethera of talent, and listen to blokes like you twist it into something that is wrong. As soon as every player aspires to play senior football we will be better for it and all heading in the same direction of playing the highest level we are capable of at senior level. Playing premier football and the seniors playing D1 is a joke, all premier sides are A&B sides, we need to push back up after a very disappointing 2008.

KB,

I thought we smoked the peace pipe a long time ago. You've read too much into my message. I agree that the seniors slipping back to D1 is a joke. I'm hoping with your list of 'new recruits' and some of the good young talent coming through that Rupo will have a successful year and bounce back into C Grade.

Robbo my point is playing Premier U19 puts alot of pressure to keep players from being promoted because when we take players we begin to be uncompetitive at this high level of junior football. A D1 side should not be in premier U19 division IMO. North and South 1 are great competitions.
D1 senior football was fantastic when we were in it in 2006 (alot of good players running around), it was when the 4 U19 boys came and played seniors in the last 4 games we all of a sudden hit a rich vein of form to take us to a Grand Final, they were important to the turnaround

You are clearly on board, very happy to smoke the peace pipe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

baaahahahaha you are helerious hadnt heard that on before.

Back to D2 ya reckon ? well thats even funnier. You shoukd be a comedian.

Werribee will finish top 4.

End of regular season only, who knows what the finals will bring...
1. NOBS
2. Fitzroy
3. Whitefriars
4. Rupertswood
5. Old Mentonians
6. Sth Melb
7. Prahran
8. Aquinas
9. Werribee
10. St Leos Emmaus

Why the above? Because I can and it's the interweb and I can write whatever I want and call it a fact.

Going by your previous post Terry, do you believe there is a massive difference between D1 and D2? I can tell you now that the Leos boys and Werribee boys will have something to say about that.

SMD had 30 to training last night under new coach Gerard Jess. 10 new faces. Best turn out prob in the history of the club.
any info on the new blokes saints ?? have heard a few familier faces are headin back with the app of gerard ?? did the big pudz get the 2nds gig

Because of the sewerage treatment farm.

Oh... that's gotta hurt. Back to D2 poo-people.
geez thats original only heard it 1 000 000 000 times..... have played against thewerribee boys for yrs now and wat ched a good 10 games of d1 and last year and can guarantee you they will finish top 3.... is kirk still coaching ??

Going by your previous post Terry, do you believe there is a massive difference between D1 and D2? I can tell you now that the Leos boys and Werribee boys will have something to say about that.

Pipe down rub-a-dub, it's November. How would I know where the teams will end up?

Agree there aren't massive differences between D1 and D2, but my experience has shown that promoted teams need to keep recruiting quality to move up the grades. Have Werribee and St Leos done that? F*cked if I know, good luck to them. What St Bedes Mentone did was exceptionally rare.

Fun fact: Emmaus (Greek: Ἐμμαούς, Latin: Emmaus, Hebrew: חמת‎ Hammat, meaning "warm spring", Arabic: عِمواس‎‎ Imwas) was an ancient town located approximately 20 miles northwest of present day Jerusalem. According to Christian tradition, Jesus appeared before his disciples in Emmaus after his resurrection.

Your Call, what are you going to get me for Santa's birthday?

Pipe down rub-a-dub, it's November. How would I know where the teams will end up?

Agree there aren't massive differences between D1 and D2, but my experience has shown that promoted teams need to keep recruiting quality to move up the grades. Have Werribee and St Leos done that? F*cked if I know, good luck to them. What St Bedes Mentone did was exceptionally rare.

Fun fact: Emmaus (Greek: Ἐμμαούς, Latin: Emmaus, Hebrew: חמת‎ Hammat, meaning "warm spring", Arabic: عِمواس‎‎ Imwas) was an ancient town located approximately 20 miles northwest of present day Jerusalem. According to Christian tradition, Jesus appeared before his disciples in Emmaus after his resurrection.

Your Call, what are you going to get me for Santa's birthday?

Maybe a soap on a rope for you and your mates. Or the paddle that got lost up shit creek. It's floating around Werribee somewhere.

Can anyone down at the Reds give us some idea about what happened at the AGM this week ? It's now Friday and there been nothing other than that a merger went through. What exactly does this mean ? Who am I supporting next year ? The Lions, The Reds ..... ?

Can anyone down at the Reds give us some idea about what happened at the AGM this week ? It's now Friday and there been nothing other than that a merger went through. What exactly does this mean ? Who am I supporting next year ? The Lions, The Reds ..... ?

At the risk of speaking out of turn, I'll be relatively brief.

Next year you will be supporting Fitzroy in the D1 VAFA footy competition.

Same ground, same rooms, same jumper, similar coaching staff and playing group (allowing for the usual ins/outs of local footy), but no debts and cash in the bank.

If it were me, I'd say most will be supporting the "Roys" in 2009.

That's it in a nutshell. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back