D1 Ammos - for footy talk only

Remove this Banner Ad

Well said Dev Cracker, you are a credit to the forums. How about that Jascave, he is a bit trigger happy when it comes to threads with polls.

Anthony43, where is Parade going for footy trip?

how do we know who are the ones that are using aliases? if thats the case then good idea to start the new topic. its a bit disappointing if that is happening.

Ripper idea fellas.
Im sick of some of those Hampton toffee jerks and all their crappy banter.
Not sure about the trip yet mate, any suggestions?

Wouldn't mind heading to Kangaroo Flat again. Ripper time there a couple of years back.

I reckon the Rovers-Old Mentonians game this Saturday could well be a preview of one of the finals ( ie first semi, second semi, preliminary or even the grand final) played later this year.

By the way, thinking back to what Terry Wallace said yesterday re 'tanking' and trying to lose every game so that either Richmond, Carlton or Melbourne could get the no.1 pick in this year's national draft. Can you see the difference between the AFL comp where a team like the ones I mentioned above is trying to lose (or at least win one more game and then put up the shutters for the rest of the year) so they could get the no.1 pick, compared to the VAFA where the bottom 2 or 3 teams treat every game like a grand final between now and round 18, because they don't want to drop to a lower section.

What do you think of this issue; AFL 'tanking' (lose every game, get no.1 pick in draft) v VAFA relegation (two or three teams that are on the lower rungs of the ladder-where it be A or B or D1-treat EVERY game like it is a grand final, knowing the consquences of going down to a lower level and finding it hard to get back up again).

I reckon the Rovers-Old Mentonians game this Saturday could well be a preview of one of the finals ( ie first semi, second semi, preliminary or even the grand final) played later this year.

By the way, thinking back to what Terry Wallace said yesterday re 'tanking' and trying to lose every game so that either Richmond, Carlton or Melbourne could get the no.1 pick in this year's national draft. Can you see the difference between the AFL comp where a team like the ones I mentioned above is trying to lose (or at least win one more game and then put up the shutters for the rest of the year) so they could get the no.1 pick, compared to the VAFA where the bottom 2 or 3 teams treat every game like a grand final between now and round 18, because they don't want to drop to a lower section.

What do you think of this issue; AFL 'tanking' (lose every game, get no.1 pick in draft) v VAFA relegation (two or three teams that are on the lower rungs of the ladder-where it be A or B or D1-treat EVERY game like it is a grand final, knowing the consquences of going down to a lower level and finding it hard to get back up again).

The Draft system is THE biggest issue in AFL. I hate the fact that a team get rewarded for mediocrity. Round 22: Carlton play Melbourne. If Carlton haven't won another game it could be a scenario where:
They win (they get pick #3), they lose they get pick #1 & 3.
Melb win (they get pick #4) they lose they get pick #2.
You win you ultimately lose.................its got to change.

P!ss off to the AFL forum with this Jase. We're here to talk D1 Ammos.

No. The Chief(not to be confused with PrezChief) has personally requested that as the only honest individual on this thread, Uncle Mick should monitor it.

Anyway, back to more pressing issues, like how the draw in the next 3 weeks will open up the competition.

Mentone 44
Hampton 40
Geelong 40
Oakleigh 38
Prahran 34
Peninsula 32

You heard it here first.....

I think its more likely to be:

Oakleigh 46
Old Ment 44
Hampt R 40
Prahran 38
Old Geel 36
Buleen T 24
Old Pen 24
Yarra V 12
Parade 12
Therry 4

Ithink it will be left to the top 5 to fight it out for the 4, and Yarra Valley to overtake Parade in the battle to stay up.

Here's my ladder at the end of the year:

Oakleigh
Hampton Rovers
Old Mentonians
Prahran
-----------------
Bulleen Templestowe
Old Geelong
Peninsula
Old Paradians
Yarra Valley
Therry Penola

I think the Rovers massive percentage would be enough for them to stay in the four, Old Mentonians to drop a couple of games, Oakleigh will finish top of the table and Bullen Templestowe, and Old Geelong unlucky to miss out on finals. But it's the relegation battle for me that will be worth watching. I think Old Paradians and Yarra Valley will fight tooth and nail just to stay in D1, with Old Paradians surviving on the last round of the season to stay there.

Here's the matches to look out for in terms of finals and relegation:

ROUND 15:
Yarra Valley v Old Paradians
Old Mentonians v Oakleigh
Old Geelong v Prahran

ROUND 16:
Hampton Rovers v old Geelong
Old Paradians v Bulleen Templestowe
Oakleigh v Prahran

ROUND 17:
Old Geelong v Therry Penola
Bulleen Templestowe v Old Mentonians
Prahran v Hampton Rovers

ROUND 18:
Hampton Rovers v Oakleigh
Old Mentonians v Peninsula
Yarra Valley v Bulleen Templestowe
Old Geelong v Old Paradians

Oakleigh
Hampton Rovers
Old Mentonians
Prahran
-----------------
Bulleen Templestowe
Old Geelong
Peninsula
Old Paradians
Yarra Valley
Therry Penola

I think the Rovers massive percentage would be enough for them to stay in the four, Old Mentonians to drop a couple of games, Oakleigh will finish top of the table and Bullen Templestowe, and Old Geelong unlucky to miss out on finals. But it's the relegation battle for me that will be worth watching. I think Old Paradians and Yarra Valley will fight tooth and nail just to stay in D1, with Old Paradians surviving on the last round of the season to stay there.

Here is my projection:

Old Mentone
Oakleigh
Prahran
Old Geelong
Hampton
Bulleen Temp
Peninsula
YV
Old Parade
Therry

I think OM's will continue despite apparent injuries, Oakleigh are IMO the ones to beat, whilst Prahran will have a couple of slip ups. OG i think may be starting to roll whilst Hampton will be unlucky despite high percentage. I think YV will do enough to stay out of the relegation zone.

Here is my projection:

Old Mentone
Oakleigh
Prahran
Old Geelong
Hampton
Bulleen Temp
Peninsula
YV
Old Parade
Therry

I think OM's will continue despite apparent injuries, Oakleigh are IMO the ones to beat, whilst Prahran will have a couple of slip ups. OG i think may be starting to roll whilst Hampton will be unlucky despite high percentage. I think YV will do enough to stay out of the relegation zone.

We are all entitled to our own opinions Mr. Date, but I'd love to know which club you are affiliated with to come up with those predictions...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ithink it will be left to the top 5 to fight it out for the 4, and Yarra Valley to overtake Parade in the battle to stay up.[/quote]

I believe the the next 4 weeks, Rounds 12 to Rounds 15 will sort out the relegation race. This week Parade vs Therry is a massive game. In Round 14, Yarra Valley venture out to Therry and the following week Old Paradians play Yarra Valley at Yarra. The results of these 3 games are crucial for who will stay alive in D1.

Ithink it will be left to the top 5 to fight it out for the 4, and Yarra Valley to overtake Parade in the battle to stay up.

I believe the the next 4 weeks, Rounds 12 to Rounds 15 will sort out the relegation race. This week Parade vs Therry is a massive game. In Round 14, Yarra Valley venture out to Therry and the following week Old Paradians play Yarra Valley at Yarra. The results of these 3 games are crucial for who will stay alive in D1.[/quote]

I'm with you South of the Yarra. Cmon The Valley!

I'm with you South of the Yarra. Cmon The Valley![/quote]

Can't agree with you on that one Chief, I will have to say Cmon Old Paradians, but obviously it will not be easy. Yarra seem to be playing pretty good footy. Parade must win this week, and if Yarra drop that will give them a 2 game break. As I said it is going to be a tough road ahead.

Oakleigh
Hampton Rovers
Old Mentonians
Prahran
-----------------
Bulleen Templestowe
Old Geelong
Peninsula
Old Paradians
Yarra Valley
Therry Penola

Here's the matches to look out for in terms of finals and relegation:

ROUND 15:
Yarra Valley v Old Paradians
Old Mentonians v Oakleigh
Old Geelong v Prahran

ROUND 16:
Hampton Rovers v old Geelong
Old Paradians v Bulleen Templestowe
Oakleigh v Prahran

ROUND 17:
Old Geelong v Therry Penola
Bulleen Templestowe v Old Mentonians
Prahran v Hampton Rovers

ROUND 18:
Hampton Rovers v Oakleigh
Old Mentonians v Peninsula
Yarra Valley v Bulleen Templestowe
Old Geelong v Old Paradians

we've seen some of your threads, posts and polls. you don't know jack about footy. and your chirpy rovers friends will enjoy watching the finals after making fools of themselves on here when they miss out cos they can't win the important ones.

south of the yarra is right. and yarra will win 2 of the games to stay up. parade will need something special to steel 8th spot.

we've seen some of your threads, posts and polls. you don't know jack about footy. and your chirpy rovers friends will enjoy watching the finals after making fools of themselves on here when they miss out cos they can't win the important ones.

south of the yarra is right. and yarra will win 2 of the games to stay up. parade will need something special to steel 8th spot.

Oakliegh Away - 3 points
Prahran Home - 8 goals

Not important games? You're a dimwit, and fancy you bagging someone for not knowing about football. I think you may have just called the kettle black?:thumbsdown:

Go easy moron. Don't think you'll find many of us being chirpy. It's still an open field and we're not guaranteeing our spot. We're certainly confident, but it's a strange game and there's a long way to go. Back in your box you goose.

Remove this Banner Ad

D1 Ammos - for footy talk only

Remove this Banner Ad

Back