D2 D2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting

I doubt the only interest from that will be if Backyard ever returns.

And if ever was/is an investigation.

Phone from headquarters: "have you or are you paying players from your club account"

Answer "no sir we are not here is our monthly rec and by the way that would be against the Ammo ethos"

Headquarters: "thanks for your time - nothing to see here"

I doubt the only interest from that will be if Backyard ever returns.

And if ever was/is an investigation.

Phone from headquarters: "have you or are you paying players from your club account"

Answer "no sir we are not here is our monthly rec and by the way that would be against the Ammo ethos"

Headquarters: "thanks for your time - nothing to see here"
Interesting how Prahran's star recruit played in resies again this week. When a person from the club was asked he said that the guy only wanted to play seconds. Kicked 10 last week and 9 this week. Can't wait for finals team sheets. Opinion is that he is in twos just in case there is an investigation and if found guilty seniors won't lose premiership points.

Interesting how Prahran's star recruit played in resies again this week. When a person from the club was asked he said that the guy only wanted to play seconds. Kicked 10 last week and 9 this week. Can't wait for finals team sheets. Opinion is that he is in twos just in case there is an investigation and if found guilty seniors won't lose premiership points.
You may have a point phantom but why would you pay a bloke to play d grade twos?!?

Surely if cash involved you want him in the ones for return on investment purposes.

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

LOL!!!!!!

No way. As if the vafa would say yes you offered money to players but he was only in your reserves so we won't wipe both teams points. If they are found to have offered money to a player in any grade then that would be it for both sides.

More likely "he wants to play reserves" is their excuse to lower suspicions but come finals he will put his hands up to play seniors.

Last edited:
Maybe he has other commitments and can't train with the ones? Plenty of ressies across all clubs are in that boat.

Also don't underestimate the Assumption connection.

I bumped into a number of AFL players and bigwigs when I had the honour of umpiring in Ray Carroll's last ACK/Sacred Heart interstate game. Many guys would play for Prahran Assumption to either renew old friendships or network with new ones. It's not just the Xavs of this world who do this.

Maybe he has other commitments and can't train with the ones? Plenty of ressies across all clubs are in that boat.

Also don't underestimate the Assumption connection.

I bumped into a number of AFL players and bigwigs when I had the honour of umpiring in Ray Carroll's last ACK/Sacred Heart interstate game. Many guys would play for Prahran Assumption to either renew old friendships or network with new ones. It's not just the Xavs of this world who do this.
Absolutely !
Let's just be logical here. If an ex-AFL player was being paid to play amateurs. He would
1 need to be paid a fortune to outprice the EFL and EDFL let alone big country leagues
2 no value to the club in doing that for a twos side
3 no value for the player himself in being paid to play D2 reserves unless again, it is a fortune, in which case he'd still want to play ones..

Can't agree Phantom. Had the pleasure of a quick chat with the bloke in question whilst his team was giving us a bath and he just wants to enjoy his football.

I suggest we all respect that.

Also ripping bloke, very little me time about him.

Absolutely !
Let's just be logical here. If an ex-AFL player was being paid to play amateurs. He would
1 need to be paid a fortune to outprice the EFL and EDFL let alone big country leagues
2 no value to the club in doing that for a twos side
3 no value for the player himself in being paid to play D2 reserves unless again, it is a fortune, in which case he'd still want to play ones..
Spot on. No poor amateur club could possibly afford paying any player unless they had a constant revenue stream from somewhere else??!?!?
:drunk: Pokies might work.

Can't agree Phantom. Had the pleasure of a quick chat with the bloke in question whilst his team was giving us a bath and he just wants to enjoy his football.

I suggest we all respect that.

Also ripping bloke, very little me time about him.

Lol what did you expect the bloke to say? "Yeah i get paid, waiting for the heat to die off before i head into the seniors"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. No poor amateur club could possibly afford paying any player unless they had a constant revenue stream from somewhere else??!?!?
:drunk: Pokies might work.

Lol what did you expect the bloke to say? "Yeah i get paid, waiting for the heat to die off before i head into the seniors"

Like anyone, I ask the question and I put forward my opinion on the sincerity of the blokes response. Seemed a genuine bloke who just wanted to get back to having a kick around of the footy without any pressure. Just my take, I hold very little love of PA and would love to believe otherwise, I just don't.

Like anyone, I ask the question and I put forward my opinion on the sincerity of the blokes response. Seemed a genuine bloke who just wanted to get back to having a kick around of the footy without any pressure. Just my take, I hold very little love of PA and would love to believe otherwise, I just don't.
Might be something in that - from all reports when he was drafted he is a bit of a different type of cat...not a full on footy head as such. So may well be some truth in that

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not a desperate rumour, just actual facts and known information.

"I've heard Brian Taylor has info"...

Very Trump-esque definition of actual facts and known information right there.

Thin ice, my friend, thin ice.

I will, however, issue a very public apology if you are right. Until then, be careful what you say. You have no idea who lurks on BigFooty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back