D3 D3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good is this can of worms that was opened.

Good to see the reserves getting a bit of recognition - the lifeblood of every footy club

How was the senior game? Did anyone get a chance to have a look at this yet - I'm yet to have a look but was drawn to the 2's after the previous comments.

Bit of a shame these two won't play eachother next year now..

How good is this can of worms that was opened.

Good to see the reserves getting a bit of recognition - the lifeblood of every footy club

How was the senior game? Did anyone get a chance to have a look at this yet - I'm yet to have a look but was drawn to the 2's after the previous comments.

Bit of a shame these two won't play eachother next year now..
Can't believe all the talk about a 2's game either mate. I'd love to know more about the Seniors game.

UHS were the best team all year in my eyes, deserved premiers. Who played well?

Happy to see Mitch Sweeney win a flag, great fella.

I had to look a few times to catch it as both players are not involved in the play. 7 minutes to go in a GF that is pretty much lost, and so he senselessly runs 5 metres at full pelt away from the flow of play, pole-axes into an opposition player who is stationery, looking downfield. Dangerous and not brave act.

I said it was in 5 meters of the ball, then you said he ran 5 meters?

Mate this game is 360 degress and if you can't protect yourself from someone running straight towards you then that's your own fault. The guy never raised an elbow or knee, it was a fair dinkum shirt front. The bloke shouldn't have been ball watching.

For the record you quoted my post and I never said he was brave, you bolded the bit where I said was not necessary and I still believe it wasn't.

If you want players to play in cotton wool or not touch each other that's fine, go and watch auskick.

Just had another look at the tape. Definitely got some contact in the back but went down holding his head [milk the ump job]. The bloke he then hit after the ball in was being held down and certainly wasn't the bloke who shoved him in the back. Gutless to punch someone in the head being pinned down.

Not sure if you are a fence sitter but was the incident involving Number 25 Richmond in the last quarter reportable in your opinion? Don't give us "that old Haven't seen it yet - have a look?

THE EYE

Ummmmmm​
Let me start by saying I don't follow either team and have only watched a couple of D 4 finals games.
I have watched all incidents being talked about and you can't compare a player charging at another from FRONT on to a couple of hit's from BEHIND !.
I would not have reported number 25 , it was a free for being off the ball but no contact was made to the head, you could argue the uni guy could have braced for the contact.
As for the other two incidents both came from behind and had more chance of causing an injury
to unprotected players. Just out of curiousity who do you follow THE EYE ?.

Let me start by saying I don't follow either team and have only watched a couple of D 4 finals games.
I have watched all incidents being talked about and you can't compare a player charging at another from FRONT on to a couple of hit's from BEHIND !.
I would not have reported number 25 , it was a free for being off the ball but no contact was made to the head, you could argue the uni guy could have braced for the contact.
As for the other two incidents both came from behind and had more chance of causing an injury
to unprotected players. Just out of curiousity who do you follow THE EYE ?.
100 % this but having said that , I don't think any of these incidents warrants the attention it's getting. Gee you should see some of the incidents in other leagues , let's not blow things out of proportion.

Can't believe all the talk about a 2's game either mate. I'd love to know more about the Seniors game.

UHS were the best team all year in my eyes, deserved premiers. Who played well?

Happy to see Mitch Sweeney win a flag, great fella.
I agree on Mitch Sweeney, played a fair bit of Ressies football against him and also tipped a few in at the Swan Hotel with him too. Great fella. Must have stepped up big time this year to be the CHF in the seniors TOTY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back