D3 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poiter said:
Posting again late Reilly, you really need to get a life or out more.

All is set for an intriguing weekend of footy in one of the more unusual seasons. One of the westies will unfortunately be out of the race and off to mad monday early with 13 wins under their belt.

In the finals decider my tip is with the home side (Bentl) playing for the double chance and having seen them in full flight a couple of times this year it will be OW being the very unlucky ones. No OW bashing meant unlike others on the forum and it will be disappointing for the club to be in a sense one step back from their finals appearance last year. But it is a weird D3 this year and I agree the standard is much higher than the previous.

A lot of faith out in the western suburbs and the boys are really getting around each other for this massive clash. Predicting the Warriors to get home and then challenge finals time. The surprise packets. Nothing works better than confidence.

reilly said:
I believe this was from an OW guy. Doesnt look like constructive banter to me? ill give you a little tip who i play for aswell.... either South Melb, Bentleigh, Elsternwick or WB. So whoever i play for we are sitting pretty at the moment.:thumbsu: :) :p :rolleyes: ;) :cool:

your a spanner and get behind your team you peanut.

not involved at the warriors but was getting involved in a great function at a good club. An uneducated person like yourself wouldnt know what constructive banter was.....

sounds like your sitting pretty on a vibrating device while you think of what to stir up.

Regarding the identity of Reilly ...

Just accuse him of being Boycie. Everyone else on this forum has been accused of that so far this year.

Does it really matter who he is? Only itap & gavone have really identified themselves in any meaningful way.

Who cares???

Gavone said:
Any ideas for team of the year guys? Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Some suggestions for team of the year from a South perspective.

Dean Bell (SM), a moral for FB. Should win clubs BF. A stroke of genius converting the firery forward to the comps best defender.

Sam Atherton (SM) a regular in the comps tightest defence, rucked superbly in Kiwis' absence and moves around the ground with ease.

Jack Cronen for FP, the comps most dangerous small forward. Anything Billy drops, Jack slots through the big sticks. Can take huge screamers when feeling frisky.

Can't have Jack without Billy McGee, I'd play him in the other pocket with Chris Sharp (Bent) at FF.

For on-ball, utility types take your pick from Cheevers, Washington, Madden, Aqualina, Kohnesheen.

Stiff to miss through injury or abscence, Moojen, Hannan, Mahoney

Vineyard said:
your a spanner and get behind your team you peanut.

not involved at the warriors but was getting involved in a great function at a good club. An uneducated person like yourself wouldnt know what constructive banter was.....

sounds like your sitting pretty on a vibrating device while you think of what to stir up.

Not hard to stir up...keep taking the bait fellas, your biting very well!

You may be forced out of a job next season Gavan, reilly is quite a wordsmith.
Maybe he and mcglede could collaborate for the team of the year section?

Re: footy - I can't see OW beating Bentleigh with a second chance on the line for the home side, irrespective of who reilly is or isn't supporting!

reilly said:
Not hard to stir up...keep taking the bait fellas, your biting very well!

funny how you now seem to be fishing....

keep biting yourself you clown, there wouldnt be one person on here who asppreciates any comment you have made....

i think we should all just ignore this clown and get back onto discussing the footy topic! This forum has turned s h i t due to this clown and one week out we should be talking about the exciting round about to come....

My tips, bentleigh (if P.Dimma is playing) as everyone in the league knows, they play 10 foot taller when they run out with him....

if OW to make finals, i would be very wary.....

SM, they key to south melbourne is shutting down those two little forwards, which has been seen with tight checking they are easily rattled, Jack and Sab (i think??), also they rate themselves on being physically hard and try to rattle teams, if teams can focus on hitting them hard and play with great team spirit, can be beaten...

Elsterwick are very dangerous with some great quality players, if there second teer players can step up... watch out...

WB, i think like OW if they can get there heads right, which most teams do finals time, will be extremely dangerous...

Bentleigh, great at stoppages and with sharp to straighten them up, very dangerous.... winning stoppages and across half back, are weaknesses....

OW & WB whoever makes it i would say would be my tips, with both teams loosing games i believe mentally, are very big chances....

This is my opinion, and i wish all teams the best, and congradulate all involved in a great season and a great standard of D3 this year....

Here is an interesting statistic that all in this forum would be interested in;

In all grades barring D4, 13 wins would place you easily in 2nd position (and in D4 you would be 4 games clear in the 4), however, should OW win on the weekend and WB presumably win at "the Stamp", that is how many wins WB will have and miss the finals with. Unbelievable!

It certainly has been the most unusual season with regards to the gap between the top and bottom five that I can remember.

My tip for the weekend is Benteigh btw but I heard on the grapevine P.Dimma will not be playing which may assist the visitors. In any event, the finals are a week early in D3, and I am looking forward to getting out there and watching what will be an intruiging battle, no matter the result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red Gum said:
Was he feeling exceptionally frisky Vs WB? There's been a lot of hype about a screamer taken in the second quarter.

Hang time of 10 seconds, well maybe not, but even better than the hanger at Swinburne earlier in the year on his way to 7 goals and the Club Warehouse Rising Star award for that round.

The Hunter said:
Any news on the Tribunal hearing Old Timer, featuring one of you vintage, big Bad Bustling Billy?

The case against Billy was withdrawn before being heard Hunter. We didn't find out till arriving at Elsternwick but enjoyed a nice evening drive anyway. Billy's record still clean after almost 15 seasons of ammo football.

just one nite left on the track for old west, better make it a good one boys. Im rapt they are going to miss the big time, just for you gav. its made my day

Blimey, it's the return of The Lip!

What next, Motorbike Rob back from the dead?:D

BTW I think shutting down Jack and Sebba is a great idea as it would mean that maybe big Bill could play his own game without three blokes hanging off him all the time!

the lip said:
just one nite left on the track for old west, better make it a good one boys. Im rapt they are going to miss the big time, just for you gav. its made my day
will be some cracker games this week, from what i have seen old west definetly deserve to be in finals, and are capable of making an impact.

wickers and west bwk better be on their game this week, footy can be a funny game.

prove them wrong warriors - we will try do you a favour this sat!!! from the latter half

On a serious note, I'm sure most of us have seen what a few little tools did to South's rooms this week. Hope the clean-up and refurbishment goes well. Sucks to see local clubs get smashed up like that. I hope the punks that did it get what they deserve.

00075279-image.jpg

As Editor of the South Melbourne Districts website I have been privy to some interesting emails in regards to the mindless destruction of our clubrooms. While everyone was devastated by the damage, the amount of concern and sympathy for South Melbourne and Ajax has been heart warming. Stories of complete strangers offering assistance throughout the bayside area have confirmed that our club is a well respected and well loved part of the community.

The level of community support is astounding, including that of rival football clubs, none more so than that of the West Brunswick Amateur Footy Club. The West Brunswick offer to share their facilities is an amazingly sporting gesture, from a club that could still possibly play against us in September action. From all at South we thank West Brunswick for your generous offer.

Fortunately our “football” department has been left in tacked, and while we have felt a massive kick in the guts our ability to train and play has only been mildly interrupted and no doubt will make our playing group and member’s more determined to succeed.

Once again, a sincere thank you to Angus Hamilton and the West Brunswick AFC and all our friends in the community.

Go Bloods!

Please keep your eye on our website as important announcements in regards to finals and repairs fundraising will be posted ASAP.

This article has been pulled straight from www.sportal.smdsc.com.au as a thank you to WB and as an example of what really makes local footy great.
Personally i hope you make the big dance at WB, very sporting.:thumbsu:

Gavone said:
Any ideas for team of the year guys? Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

My team of the year. Tough ask when you only see each team twice a year. I know I've been biased but it's hard not to be when they're the blokes you're playing with each Saturday.

There were a lot of players who could have got a game but have not been on the park enough this year to make it, eg Nick Smith OW, Dimmatina's Bent.

Before you open up and give it to me with both barrels, have a go at doing it yourself and there is even a chance of some intelligent debate on a thread that has been going downhill quickly of late.

Back: C Armstrong StM Bell SM A. Miller OW

Half Back:Cracknell UH C.Hudson OW Wells MG (the one with hair)

Centre: Gorringe UH Irving WB Tinetti K

Half Forward: J. Horsburgh OW Lawry B Chalmers OW

Forward: Cronan SM Sharp B McGee SM

Rucks: Neill EW B Mahoney EW Pavez OW

Interchange: Bell K (the ruckman) Higgins SW Horne K Reilly ?? (only joking, he can be the sides fluff girl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back