D3 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Warrior said:
My team of the year. Tough ask when you only see each team twice a year. I know I've been biased but it's hard not to be when they're the blokes you're playing with each Saturday.

There were a lot of players who could have got a game but have not been on the park enough this year to make it, eg Nick Smith OW, Dimmatina's Bent.

Before you open up and give it to me with both barrels, have a go at doing it yourself and there is even a chance of some intelligent debate on a thread that has been going downhill quickly of late.

Back: C Armstrong StM Bell SM A. Miller OW

Half Back:Cracknell UH C.Hudson OW Wells MG (the one with hair)

Centre: Gorringe UH Irving WB Tinetti K

Half Forward: J. Horsburgh OW Lawry B Chalmers OW

Forward: Cronan SM Sharp B McGee SM

Rucks: Neill EW B Mahoney EW Pavez OW

Interchange: Bell K (the ruckman) Higgins SW Horne K Reilly ?? (only joking, he can be the sides fluff girl)

What about coach of the year Old Warrior? Dont worry you can be biased here aswell.

I am from another grade Old Warrior, so just curiously looking at some pre-finals banter, and teams of the year, so i have no thoughts on players in the team. My one query for you would be. How do South Melbourne who are clearly the dominant team only have three in the side? Bentleigh clearly second 2? Elsternwick 3rd 2? UHSOB who are clearly the weakest have two as well??; and OW whilst having a good season, are clearly significantly weaker than SM and Bent and have 5. Once again i do not know many of the individual players, however normally teams of the year follow this rough pattern , even allowing for even teams.

1st 3-5
2nd 3-5
3rd 3-4
4 2-3
5 2-3
6 2
7 1-2
8 1-2
9 1
10 1

and before you say anything i have nominated in my own grade where there is a very similar balance . Top side dominant, second side not far behind , then three very good sides, with 5th unlucky to miss out.

Couple of questions for everyone too.
What had happened to robbo from Bentleigh- rated him in the past
Also how have Franky Dimmatina and Scott Grace gone this season- two very talented footballers.

oops look at the time- off to training

Red Gum said:
A good gesture by WBAFC. Shows that while the rivalries on field can be heated there is great comraderie throughout the league.
I agree, the gesture from WB was outstanding. That's why we play the game, to go toe to toe and then put all bad feelings behind us after the game. Good drinkers down there at WB. Big Billy couldn't shake off his opposite number from WB in the skolling comp. After 2 dead heats it had to be called a day due to one protagonist not wanting to defy the TAC.
Cheers to the WB boys and good luck this weekend. Hope SM doesn't meet you until at least the GF because you look the goods, as I said after the close win to us earlier in the year.

bigw said:
Good drinkers down there at WB. Big Billy couldn't shake off his opposite number from WB in the skolling comp. After 2 dead heats it had to be called a day due to one protagonist not wanting to defy the TAC.

I heard they shaved a gorilla for the event, not a bad effort by Billy to go with him!

Poiter said:
I heard they shaved a gorilla for the event, not a bad effort by Billy to go with him!

I'll let you know on Monday whether or not these gorillas have any chance of knocking off the top teams. If we can get up and have a win I can't see OW going on much further than next week.

Poiter said:
There certainly isn't any shortage of rock apes to choose from at WB - despite having a big clean out of the simian types at the end of last season

Please indulge me with one last posting on the clubroom drama at SMD.

Had a beer after training last night in our rooms at South Melbourne Districts.
What a fantastic effort put in by all those who helped with the clean up.
Hope to see some Swinburne players up for a drink win, lose or draw tomorrow.
Also while not D3 clubs I must say a big thank you to Brendan Lee at Whitefriars OC FC and Amir Perzack at Ajax AFC for their kind offers of assistance.
Good luck in your relegation battle and finals.

Now, let's play some footy!

Poiter said:
bigw said:
Good drinkers down there at WB. Big Billy couldn't shake off his opposite number from WB in the skolling comp. After 2 dead heats it had to be called a day due to one protagonist not wanting to defy the TAC.

Alright that's just about enough.

I think that that comment is way out of line! I've sat here reading some fairly ridiculous dribble of recent times but honestly there is a line and like Shane Crawford you've just crossed it!

Fair dinkum! To have a go at a bloke (whoever he is) just because he matched your boy (and I...er...I mean the bloke... definately won the second round. He was robbed!) is too much.

Gorilla indeed! Pull your head in Poiter! How are you even able to type anyway?!

Red Gum said:
Poiter said:

I think that that comment is way out of line! I've sat here reading some fairly ridiculous dribble of recent times but honestly there is a line and like Shane Crawford you've just crossed it!

Fair dinkum! To have a go at a bloke (whoever he is) just because he matched your boy (and I...er...I mean the bloke... definately won the second round. He was robbed!) is too much.

Gorilla indeed! Pull your head in Poiter! How are you even able to type anyway?!
Don't fall in Red Gum. It doesn't matter who won the drink, it was a bit of fun and far from being apes, WB are the probably the best bunch of blokes in the league for an opposition side. I'm not sure if Poiter is an SM man or has an axe to grind with WB, but that's no reason to drag down an SM player who was happy to join in a WB tradition by downing a couple of pots in short time. Direct your insults to the right person, and for the record you won't hear any SM people having a shot at WB after recent gestures from that club. (all due to respect to Kew, who are also a decent bunch of blokes)

bigw said:
Red Gum said:
Don't fall in Red Gum. It doesn't matter who won the drink, it was a bit of fun and far from being apes, WB are the probably the best bunch of blokes in the league for an opposition side. I'm not sure if Poiter is an SM man or has an axe to grind with WB, but that's no reason to drag down an SM player who was happy to join in a WB tradition by downing a couple of pots in short time. Direct your insults to the right person, and for the record you won't hear any SM people having a shot at WB after recent gestures from that club. (all due to respect to Kew, who are also a decent bunch of blokes)
bigw can you tell me how big bill mcgee is going,heard his not a bad bloke!!!

buddha said:
bigw said:
bigw can you tell me how big bill mcgee is going,heard his not a bad bloke!!!

OW sing me your theme song babbbbbbbyyyyyyyy here we gooooo bring it in pavez.......... cause im not half bias and wanna do pavez up the bum cause i play for westbourne..........OHHHHHHHHHHHHH here we goooo!!! SING IT TO ME BABBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Robbo from Bentleigh went overseas a few weeks ago. Big loss for Bentleigh.

Went to see bentleigh play OW on the weekend, the dees in the end just wanted the ball more and put there body on the line when it counted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fairly good effort from the Wicks this year to be the only D3 club with two sides in the finals, especially after having just been promoted.

Certainly one club that cannot be accused of stacking its 2's (ala Gryphons, Kew) or lacking depth.

So what are the tips for next week? For mine:

Seniors
South Melbourne to beat Bentleigh
Elsternwick to beat West Brunswick

Reserves
Monash to beat Kew
Old Westbourne to beat Elsternwick

The boys couldn't get over the line on Saturday against Bentleigh who in the end ran out the game a little stronger. We had our chances, particularly in the first qtr when we had all the play and kicked 2.8, but couldn't come away with the points.

Good luck to all those sides playing finals. I think each side is capable of beating each of the others on their day it is just a matter of who performs best under pressure.

Go OW in next Sundays ressies elimination final and may all teams stay injury free.

reilly said:
buddha said:
OW sing me your theme song babbbbbbbyyyyyyyy here we gooooo bring it in pavez.......... cause im not half bias and wanna do pavez up the bum cause i play for westbourne..........OHHHHHHHHHHHHH here we goooo!!! SING IT TO ME BABBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Just a dumb statement to make - sure the OW boys have been vocal on the site but there's no need to be this stupid about them

BTW, careful Gavone, you started falling back into the old trap in the last ammos round.

Looking forward to actually getting to see some D3 action next week on a rare weekend off - best of luck to ALL teams.

Archangel17 said:
I am from another grade Old Warrior, so just curiously looking at some pre-finals banter, and teams of the year, so i have no thoughts on players in the team. My one query for you would be. How do South Melbourne who are clearly the dominant team only have three in the side? Bentleigh clearly second 2? Elsternwick 3rd 2? UHSOB who are clearly the weakest have two as well??; and OW whilst having a good season, are clearly significantly weaker than SM and Bent and have 5. Once again i do not know many of the individual players, however normally teams of the year follow this rough pattern , even allowing for even teams.

1st 3-5
2nd 3-5
3rd 3-4
4 2-3
5 2-3
6 2
7 1-2
8 1-2
9 1
10 1

and before you say anything i have nominated in my own grade where there is a very similar balance . Top side dominant, second side not far behind , then three very good sides, with 5th unlucky to miss out.

Fair point A17. I did say I was biased - I wouldn't make much of a reserves umpire. I didn't try to follow any pattern numbers wise, just made sure I had a rep from each team. Apart from the OW connection I thought it was a pretty even balance. Had to include the two fellas from UH they would be in the top few in any team in D3 and played well both times against us.

I'm not sure that you necessarily need to follow a pattern when picking teams of the year - often the top few teams are there because they have better depth not because their top six are better than other teams top six. I picked mine on who played well in games against us, what I read in the record and what I had heard from opposition and umpires during the year. I thought it wasn't too bad. Does anyone else have a nomination?

reilly said:
buddha said:

Humility - Perhaps you should look up the meaning and better still practising a bit of it!

Red Gum said:
Poiter said:

I actually don't know who was in the contest and was only poking fun at the WB boys - a club I am affiliated with. WB is a club that can have a laugh at itself; it needed to with the old changerooms!

To be honest I am happy to see people come to the defence of the westies and to be known WB are held in such regard.

Poiter said:
Red Gum said:
WB is a club that can have a laugh at itself; it needed to with the old changerooms!

There isn't anything wrong with brown brick toilet blocks (complete with load-bearing cobwebs and mould on the inside walls). They are all the rage in Paris at the moment.

Old Timer, Is Wesley Death back this week? Kew needs him on the park. He is the X factor.
My tips
Seniors
South Melbourne to beat Bentleigh by 40 points
Elsternwick to beat West Brunswick by 12 points

Ressies
Kew to beat Monash by 52 points
Old Westbourne to beat Elsternwick by 15 point

GF tips- South to beat Elsternwick and Kew to beat OW

Guys,

Who do we think will be in D3 next season?

Ivanhoe
La Trobe
Bentleigh/Elstenwick
West Brunswick
Old Westbourne
Swinbourne
Kew
Monash
Hawthorn
Eltham College/Powerhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.