Daisy Pearce is horrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a 4000 post thread on Dwayne Russell but any negative post about Daisy Pearce is “women bashing”.

* me dead, even Andy Maher’s thread is nastier.
Tbf Dwayne deserves even more hatred than he gets. Absolutely ruins any enjoyment of the game he calls and i hope Paramount take the rights just so hes gone. That said, Daisy aint much chop

I don't pay much attention to commentators, they're just a background noise along with the crowd so far as I care. However, I did watch the footy the other night. I've heard the criticism of Daisy Pearce, so I paid attention to what she was saying. I have to say, I had no problem with it. Sound knowledge and understanding of the game, spoke at the right time, can't see what the fuss is about, I've heard a lot worse over the years.
There are plenty worse than her on TV.
Watson, Carey, Jones, Burgoyne, Johnson, and Ling just on channel 7

They're just rambling words to fill space that are uttered with zero conviction and too much of the 'analysis' centres on 'effort' and ‘belief’.

Far from expert special comments.

Thrown in at the deep end and not up to it.

Last edited:
They're just rambling words to fill space that are uttered with zero conviction and too much of the 'analysis' centres on 'effort' and ‘belief’.

Plenty of assumptions and guesswork now.

The winning team is doing this well, the losing team is doing this poorly - they need to lift. It's all this kind of Captain Obvious tosh that adds little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on, even she doesn’t believe what she’s saying. And she does deliver it with zero conviction.

Daisy not fazed: AFLW pioneer undeterred by commentary criticism

"So, while I'm not [offended] because I've done this for 20 years either through trying to play footy or now working in the media, having your credibility questioned because you're a female isn't a new thing that I'm just starting to deal with."

No, the issue is that the standard of commentary doesn't warrant being part of the biggest games at the highest level.

There is an enormous amount of criticism about terrible male commentators too, including on this forum.

Isa Guha is a female commentator of colour, who played cricket for our biggest rival. There is plenty of praise for her commentary, because she’s very good at it.

Kath Loughnan and Sarah Jones are good. Abbey Holmes and Daisy Pearce are ordinary.

It’s not about gender, skin colour, etc, but the quality of commentary.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, but don’t play the gender card.

Isa Guha is a female commentator of colour, who played cricket for our biggest rival. There is plenty of praise for her commentary, because she’s very good at it.

Kath Loughnan and Sarah Jones are good. Abbey Holmes and Daisy Pearce are ordinary.

It’s not about gender, skin colour, etc, but the quality of commentary.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, but don’t play the gender card.
100% this.

I grew up in a household with strong women, I spent a lot of summer days following my sisters cricket career around Melbourne, my Dad scored for her team. He was made a life member of her club.My mum was a feminist, but not extreme, she just put blokes in their place.
Daisy Pearce is shithouse, end of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Daisy Pearce is horrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back