Daisy Vs Xavier Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

. I just don't rate Thomas, Though after all it's just an opinion. I personally think Pendlebury will be better than both of them:thumbsu:

I agree and I think that is why we drafted in the manner we did. Pendles and Ellis are very similar and we knew we could get Pendles later.

Thorpe would walk into any side in the AFL just can't get a game in our forward line coz it's the strongest in the comp. He will be a superstar, he is exactly what the Pies are lacking up forward. I could guarantee that The CFC would trade Dale Thomas for Mitch Thorp in a heartbeat if the offer came up

I don't agree with all of that. Thorpe will be a star. He would play in most sides other then Hawthorn. I really don't think we'd trade Daisy for him. Our young foward potential is very good as is and if Daisy could come off as a midfielder it would be worth more to us then Thorpe as a foward.

Thorpe would walk into any side in the AFL just can't get a game in our forward line coz it's the strongest in the comp. He will be a superstar, he is exactly what the Pies are lacking up forward. I could guarantee that The CFC would trade Dale Thomas for Mitch Thorp in a heartbeat if the offer came up

Hahaha, Thorpe for Thomas, Collingwood and especially MM would laugh you out of the room (and MM doesnt laugh too often).

Dale Thomas is a proven match winner, and although he may not be consistent at this stage of his career, will develop into a player who can play midfield at a consistent level, yet will still be able to TEAR games apart like he has 2-3 times each year since he has been at the club.

Mitch Thorp is another Charlie Gardner, cant get a game in a good side because he isnt good enough, there is room in your forward line for one more tall, yet he cant get a game, go figure.

Oh dear! that must be some good reefer. We have enough fwds.

Also Ellis is a great little player but correct me if im wrong, Ellis got dropped a couple times towards the end of the season and was almost omitted from the GF side. Daisy has def had the better season individually but Ellis would fit in nicely at magpieland. :thumbsu:

It's just my opinion that Thomas is the single most overrated player in the competition. He only averages 14 touches a game for a couple of seasons. Fair enough you may be seduced by his flashiness but he isn't that special or effective. Ellis just led our mob for posis on GF day with 28 touches. Thomas may look flshier now but Ellis will develop into the better footballer. Chris Pelchen doesn't get these things wrong :)
If only Thomas could play that cheap unaccountable HBF role that Ellis does.

If MM gave Thomas decent midfield time he'd kill Ellis.

Anyway Pendlebury is twice the player Ellis will ever be so I dont really care.

If only Thomas could play that cheap unaccountable HBF role that Ellis does.

If MM gave Thomas decent midfield time he'd kill Ellis.

Anyway Pendlebury is twice the player Ellis will ever be so I dont really care.

Pendlebury is twice the player Ellis will ever be and Hawthorn are twice the club Collingwood will ever be. 10 flags in 50 years. How many you won? 1 in the last 50? We are now the richest clun in all of Victoria as well according to the back page of the sun a couple of days ago:thumbsu::D:)

Pendlebury is twice the player Ellis will ever be and Hawthorn are twice the club Collingwood will ever be. 10 flags in 50 years. How many you won? 1 in the last 50? We are now the richest clun in all of Victoria as well according to the back page of the sun a couple of days ago:thumbsu::D:)

dont belive everything u read.. collingwood and west coke are the 2 richest clubs in the league... and we have the most members in vic and the most supporters natinally... also if we were to sell our games to tassie we'd get twice ur deal and inflate our profit margins too..what happens when tassie gets their own team( which will be a better option the west sydney)...

granted though at this point in time u a reigning premiers.. well done..

and ill raise ur 10 premierships with 14 ours...

and thomas and ellis a fairly even only due to the fact thomas is still inconsistent.. once this isnt an issue thomas will be considered a superstar while ellis will have to settle for being thought of as a b grader..

Congratulations to Ellis on his Premiership medal, but I would take Thomas every day of the week!

Wasn't Ellis dropped a few weeks beforehand?

Hawthorn are twice the club Collingwood will ever be. 10 flags in 50 years. How many you won? 1 in the last 50? We are now the richest clun in all of Victoria as well according to the back page of the sun a couple of days ago:thumbsu::D:)

Why do you keep trolling other teams boards? First Richmond now Collingwood?

I know it feels great to be a Hawks supporter right now but try and restrain yourself.

As for the comparison between Ellis & Thomas, it's way too early to make any sort of call. I will say though that we are very happy with Ellis, although he struggled for a while there.

Why do you keep trolling other teams boards? First Richmond now Collingwood?

I know it feels great to be a Hawks supporter right now but try and restrain yourself.

As for the comparison between Ellis & Thomas, it's way too early to make any sort of call. I will say though that we are very happy with Ellis, although he struggled for a while there.

I'm not trolling. Both conversations were about Hawthorn players so I thought I would add my two cents. Is that ok Sergio?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Collingwood played a Hawthorn-like zone defence and Thomas was permitted to roam the half back line, Thomas would be 'better' than Ellis hands down.

Ellis's decsion making in the GF was often terrible. He got a lot of it, but 3 or 4times within the space of 5-10 minutes he kicked laterally to a 1 on 1 contest under lttle pressure. I thought he was going to be dragged.

He will be a good player (size still an issue) but Thomas plays one of the hardest positions on the ground - half forward. With a bigger engine, more midfield opportunities and bigger bodies around him, Thomas should be a gun for many years. Don't let his long blonde locks fool you.

Both good players, but Thomas has already done enough in 3 years to suggest he has a bright future.

Remember, Gary Ablett started as an inconsistent half forward...it took him more than 4 years to find his feet and move to the midfield.

Quote: 'He will be a superstar, he is exactly what the Pies are lacking up forward. I could guarantee that The CFC would trade Dale Thomas for Mitch Thorp in a heartbeat if the offer came up[/quote]'

Bovine excreta! Thorp has played much of the latter half of the season in defence for the BHHawks, and to the best of my knowledge, was pretty ordinary. He was certainly vey average in the televised game against the Pies, where he was one of three players smashed by Chris Dawes. May I suggest that Dawes will be exactly what we need up forward rather than Thorpe, and he didn't cost us a top 20 draft pick.

Thomas for Thorpe? Not a chance! Thorpe is being shopped around, and I can guarantee that this swap would never take place, unless the Hawks sweetened it with their 1st round pick. Even then, I 'd say no to the deal.

Wasn't Ellis dropped a few weeks beforehand?
No, he was injured, and was hoping to return 1st week of the finals but still had a slight niggle, thus the hawks let him recover fully and return for the prelim. I believe the Hawks always planned on playing him and he is a key member of their midfield group.

He actually does very well in the in-close stuff - 1st disposal and clearances, and seems to have the same ability as pendles to appear to have more time than he actually does.

Thomas has x-factor and can be a matchwinner, but will also have bad games throughout his career. I think Ellis will/is a much more consistent player and will always perform solidly whilst not starring. Both kinds of players are extremely handy.

I compare them to Bucks to Hird: Both were superstars, but bucks was more a full 120 mins of really good play, whereas Hirdy had the potential to turn a game and do the freakish. Dont say i comparing ellis to bucks and thomas to hird, however it is that same principle.

i was actually quite impressed with ellis in the GF for a young bloke in a massive game he looked very cool under pressure, he shanked a couple of kicks but in general i didn't expect him to have such an influence. in saying that i prefer thomas and pendles!

If Collingwood played a Hawthorn-like zone defence and Thomas was permitted to roam the half back line, Thomas would be 'better' than Ellis hands down.

Ellis's decsion making in the GF was often terrible. He got a lot of it, but 3 or 4times within the space of 5-10 minutes he kicked laterally to a 1 on 1 contest under lttle pressure. I thought he was going to be dragged.

He will be a good player (size still an issue) but Thomas plays one of the hardest positions on the ground - half forward. With a bigger engine, more midfield opportunities and bigger bodies around him, Thomas should be a gun for many years. Don't let his long blonde locks fool you.

Both good players, but Thomas has already done enough in 3 years to suggest he has a bright future.

Remember, Gary Ablett started as an inconsistent half forward...it took him more than 4 years to find his feet and move to the midfield.

I think 'if's' are a bit hollow, mate and don't adopt the perception that playing on the half-back line is any less difficult or worthy of recognition. :thumbsu:

Anyways.. it's probably hard to have a player v player debate, particularly on one teams' board, opposed to a neutral zone.. as if that really matters on BF anyway.

A lot of you guys have already said it, but until both Daisy and Xav both mature it's hard to determine exactly how each will turn out.

Hawk's supporters are pumped about Ellis though!

Remove this Banner Ad

Daisy Vs Xavier Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back