Dal Santo - Is the hype warranted?

Remove this Banner Ad

He's an outside runner, but you can't deny the fact that he's got very good skills and is good at weaving around players, he has good awareness. In the end, Des Headland is the same (only with better pace), and is not rated by many on this board, so he probably would struggle in a lesser team.

Most of our players have been down so far and it looks like Dal is the one being made the scapegoat. He's had an average start to the season which is probably a combination of increased attention and a month's less training than the other sides we have played. He has also bulked up quite a bit so it will be interesting to see how that affects his game.

I'm not sure about the perception that he's just an outside player. Sure he has supreme skills but he ranks very high in the tackles and hard ball gets at the club.

sante said:
Dal Santo is class. IMO he is better than Ball, Bartel, Hodge, Wells and Harris
you are an idiot - just look at which side you support.

better than wells or harris - you've got to be ********ing kidding me.

dal santos a good player but definitely overrated in the media. in fact, i think all of st kildas younger players have been overhyped and the media NEVER point out their weaknesses - the same applies with Ball, Goddard and Koschitzke. Riewoldt is the only one as good as tossers like Robert Walls will have you believe. Other sides have better kids than the saints they just dont get the publicity because we didnt need a ******** load of priority picks to get them.

kangas_mate said:

dal santos a good player but definitely overrated in the media. in fact, i think all of st kildas younger players have been overhyped and the media NEVER point out their weaknesses - the same applies with Ball, Goddard and Koschitzke. Riewoldt is the only one as good as tossers like Robert Walls will have you believe. Other sides have better kids than the saints they just dont get the publicity because we didnt need a ******** load of priority picks to get them.

Another ignorant f*wit. How many priority pick f*wit and who were they?

Thats right you would have no idea would you, stupid newbie nuff nuff :rolleyes:

As for overated, they flogged your dole bludging rabble by ten + twice last season even with the your mob having most top ten draft players in the league playing.

Even with this luxury your rabble handout dole bludgers couldn't even get within cooee of the eight.

Flog.

Rors said:
It really appears to me that Nick Dal Santo is a bit of a lurker, relying to much on players like Ball, Harvey, Powell and Thompson to get the ball out of the packs to him. He is always in about 20m of free space whenever he gets the ball.
He is a lurker but he's shaping up to be the best lurker in the league.Probably taking the mantle from Figjam.

Surely to really deserve the hype and wraps he is getting he needs to prove himself at the bottom of packs as a genuine ball winner
I don't agree.It takes all types to make a champion team.If everyone was doing a lenny hays on the bottom then who'd be there to finish the work.I reckon he has genuine star written all over him.If anything I reckon he's under rated.Sometimes I reckon it's the inside players who get over hyped.If ever the Saints can't fit him in the cap in future I hope Miller is the 1st to go talk to him.

I'm struggling to find a valid reason to bag Del Santo.

Except that he plays for StKilda and by definition has culture problems!!!

hotpie said:
Except that he plays for StKilda and by definition has culture problems!!!

Yup its the culture I tells ya!!!!!!

He is just hopeless because of it. Wouldn't even get a game for VFL if he was at another club, but the Saints culture keeps him in seniors. Just like those other hacks Ball,Hayes, Riewoldt, et al. All hopeless hack who have been destroyed by culture.

Dal Santo>>Ball

The media have overhyped Ball more than they have Dal Santo. DS is more reliable than Ball in terms of what he produces with his possessions!

PAOKTSIS said:
Dal Santo>>Ball

The media have overhyped Ball more than they have Dal Santo. DS is more reliable than Ball in terms of what he produces with his possessions!

I love Dal as much as any Saint supporter out there, but Luke Ball is in an entirely different league. He will have as much impact on the Saints over the next decade as Reiwoldt will.

the hype is warranted but i'd have ball ahead of him atm, dont watch many saints games but ball seems to put in the 4 quaters performance more so than dal santo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hype is more then warranted.

He would be the 2nd player I would choose from St.Kilda behind Maguire.

Classiest youngest in the comp at the moment, I love watching him play and believe he has the potential to win a Brownlow and be a perfect replacement once Harvey retires.

Bluemike said:
he was a cheat last night in a justin murphy way as he sat on his own 20m ahead of the contest waiting for someone to feed it out...........very accountable for his opponent :)

We will see how much of a cheat he is when we play your mob next week at Lavington, dip stick. :mad:

kangas_mate said:

Newbie, nuff nuff. :rolleyes: :) God I love some of the Saints posters on here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dal Santo - Is the hype warranted?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back