Rumour Dale Tapping (rumour busted - he's staying, see post # 108)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't there rumours of Tapping to Hawthorn in another thread?

If Tapping has designs on a senior coaching spot then Hawthorn would be a better career move. There's already one vacancy at Hawthorn with Bolton moving and possibly two if the rumours are true of another assistant following him to Carlton.

Yep. Nathan has previously said he'd try to make room for him. Well, if the rumour is true that Tapps has been head-hunted, then there is now a vacant position.

For what it's worth, Sanderson is currently the head coach of the AFL Academy.

Same position that Bucks held for a year or two.
It has helped us in recruiting Adams and hopefully Trealor so far, as he coached both.
Here hoping, if we do recruit Sanderson, he can also influence some young, up and coming stars to the Pies.

Why is it a big deal if the 2s coach leaves?

Wow

Well, you want someone who knows what they're doing developing your kids/reserve ranks. And Tapping is someone who knows what he is doing, with an extensive CV in development coaching prior to coming to Collingwood.

Probably the best appointment the Buckley regime has made...

Tapping is rated very highly in AFL circles. If anyone had a listen to him at VFL this year, Dale is very calm and measured.

We didn't give him a promotion when he deserved it.

Tapping is rated very highly in AFL circles. If anyone had a listen to him at VFL this year, Dale is very calm and measured.

We didn't give him a promotion when he deserved it.
It's not as simple as just giving him a promotion because he's deserves it. Good coach and done good things with our VFL side, but there also has to be a spot available on our assistant coaching panel. From the outside I'm not sure how the existing assistant coaches are viewed and I don't know their contract status, but with the spending cap the way it is now you just can't go sacking them and paying them out.

Same position that Bucks held for a year or two.
It has helped us in recruiting Adams and hopefully Trealor so far, as he coached both.
Here hoping, if we do recruit Sanderson, he can also influence some young, up and coming stars to the Pies.

Ah, slightly different positions (Buckley was an assistant coach at the academy and head coach of Vic Country's U-16s, Sanderson is actually head coach of the whole academy program). But I do take your point about establishing the relationship between Collingwood/Sanderson and some of those gun juniors, and it's a good one.

(As an aside, if Nathan could use that relationship again to convince Dylan Shiel to move down to Collingwood, that would be great... ;) )

I actually wouldn't mind if Sanderson could bring his assistant Brad Ottens with him as well to be our ruck coach...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because he is a better coach than our actual head coach at the moment.

First Beveridge, now Tapping.

Yet we are still stuck with the mediocrity of Buckley
Okay, Internet hero who knows everything.

I wish people would realise that Beveridge was in charge of fixing Trav's kicking in 2008.

Whilst he might come across as a good coach now, let's just wait a bit.

Okay, Internet hero who knows everything.

I wish people would realise that Beveridge was in charge of fixing Trav's kicking in 2008.

Whilst he might come across as a good coach now, let's just wait a bit.

Bevo was coaching his own side in 2008. Only joined Collingwood in 2009 & 2010.

Well, you want someone who knows what they're doing developing your kids/reserve ranks. And Tapping is someone who knows what he is doing, with an extensive CV in development coaching prior to coming to Collingwood.

Probably the best appointment the Buckley regime has made...

Disappointed if Tapping is on the move, think he's done a fantastic job with our VFL side. There will likely be a few candidates available with similar traits and capacity. There's a guy who used to coach North Ballarat for example. Seems he's got a reasonable record. Ayres is another that seems to be good at that level.

Bevo was coaching his own side in 2008. Only joined Collingwood in 2009 & 2010.
Well my memory is Shyte.

I know this from when I did the AFL Coaching Course & he came and introduced himself as the 'skills' guy at Collingwood. He mentioned that he was working on fixing Trav's kicking. This was at the time that it was in the papers so it seemed huge.

I went home that evening and told the old man I met the guy who's responsible for Trav's kicking. Dad said "hope you effing kicked him".

Anyway, I thought this was in 2008. Maybe it was 2009.

Point being, he's not a messiah.

Disappointed if Tapping is on the move, think he's done a fantastic job with our VFL side. There will likely be a few candidates available with similar traits and capacity. There's a guy who used to coach North Ballarat for example. Seems he's got a reasonable record. Ayres is another that seems to be good at that level.

I'm hoping we take a close look at those guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Dale Tapping (rumour busted - he's staying, see post # 108)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back