Dale Thomas megathread (very bumped, see post #1072)

Remove this Banner Ad

This was only shown in the post-match. For anyone who missed it ->

xdi6f7.jpg

Saw that at the ground, was wondering when a GIF would pop up.
Disgraceful act by Thomas but heaps of courage by Lukey Ball.

At first this made me laugh, a lot.

Then it made me sad.

It reminded me of a wildlife doumentary I saw when I was a kid about a cartload (yep that is apparently the collective noun...) of chimps.

There was an older male that was the leader until he was injured in a fight with one of the younger dominant males.

The younger male effectively took over his position and, after having a couple of shots at regaining his position, spent the rest of his life ostracised from the other chimps.

He looked so sad and so genuinely pathetic.

At first this made me laugh, a lot.

Then it made me sad.

It reminded me of a wildlife doumentary I saw when I was a kid about a cartload (yep that is apparently the collective noun...) of chimps.

There was an older male that was the leader until he was injured in a fight with one of the younger dominant males.

The younger male effectively took over his position and, after having a couple of shots at regaining his position, spent the rest of his life ostracised from the other chimps.

He looked so sad and so genuinely pathetic.
Nice analogy.
But I don't have much sympathy for him due to the way he left the club.
Generally I wish the best for most of the players that have gone to other clubs. For example Shaw, Dawes, Wellingham etc. But not not Daisy.

xdi6f7.jpg

I think that is a new low in what is rapidly becoming a very sad and hollow situation for a once great Magpie.

But back to the follow up incident where Pendles put Daisy on his derrier - LOVE IT - did any of Daisy's new mates come in to defend him, or remonstrate with Pendles? Most of the observers seen in the footage seem wholly uninterested in getting involved. More evidence of Daisy's lack of love these days?

I think that is a new low in what is rapidly becoming a very sad and hollow situation for a once great Magpie.

But back to the follow up incident where Pendles put Daisy on his derrier - LOVE IT - did any of Daisy's new mates come in to defend him, or remonstrate with Pendles? Most of the observers seen in the footage seem wholly uninterested in getting involved. More evidence of Daisy's lack of love these days?
Didn't see a spark of interst from anyone in the immediate vicinity - the pisser for me was the ump totally ignoring the entire farce :D

You know I was so pleased with what Pendles did that I never noticed what you pointed out.

I don't like our supporters getting so much pleasure out of believing that Thomas is finished as a player. A more sensible approach would be to wait until much later in the season, or even next year, before declaring that Thomas is but a pale imitation of his former self. Perhaps he needs a year to get some fitness into his body to emulate his performances of seasons past. I'd hate to be wearing egg on my face from declaring him gone too soon.

xdi6f7.jpg

Moments like this are playing a pretty big part.

There's also the whistling of the Carlton theme song while at the club last year and the kids better grab those number 13 jumpers out of the trash comment.

In the end he's just proven himself to be a bit of a shit bloke. So I for one have no issue with anyone who gets pleasure out of Thomas' poor form!

There's nothing wrong with your take on it just that it's in the overwhelming minority considering the evidence we have at hand :thumbsu:

Last edited:

There's also the whistling of the Carlton theme song while at the club last year and the kids better grab those number 13 jumpers out of the trash comment.

In the end he's just proven himself to be a shit human being. So I for one have no issue with anyone who gets pleasure out of Thomas' poor form!
KARMA BABY :thumbsu:

In the end he's just proven himself to be a shit human being. So I for one have no issue with anyone who gets pleasure out of Thomas' poor form!

There's nothing wrong with your take on it just that it's in the overwhelming minority considering the evidence we have at hand :thumbsu:
I hate Thomas as much as anyone else and took great pleasure in seeing him sat on his arse against Carlton for his dog act against Ball. I would love to believe that he is never going to recapture his form of 2 years ago, and that he is finished as a gut running player. Unlike the majority, I would prefer to wait till the end of the season before passing final judgement. His ankle has not broken down this year, so while there is life there remains the possibility that he will come good for Carlton. Unpopular though it may be, I will wait a little longer before finally declaring him a shadow of his former self.

I hate Thomas as much as anyone else and took great pleasure in seeing him sat on his arse against Carlton for his dog act against Ball. I would love to believe that he is never going to recapture his form of 2 years ago, and that he is finished as a gut running player. Unlike the majority, I would prefer to wait till the end of the season before passing final judgement. His ankle has not broken down this year, so while there is life there remains the possibility that he will come good for Carlton. Unpopular though it may be, I will wait a little longer before finally declaring him a shadow of his former self.

I'm pretty sure during the next 4 years Daisy will have periods when he is playing well and is a good contributor for the Blues - and sure enough the Blues fan will be talking him up.

But I almost certain he will never justify $700+ for 4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't get some of the "karma" posts in this thread. Thomas was offered a huge contract and the chance to rejoin a coach that he has a strong connection with. Whilst his decision to leave was disappointing, it was also understandable. It amazes me how quickly his contribution to our club has been forgotten. I hate to break it to some of you, but his career is far from over. He will improve and play some very good footy for Carlton.

I really don't get some of the "karma" posts in this thread. Thomas was offered a huge contract and the chance to rejoin a coach that he has a strong connection with. Whilst his decision to leave was disappointing, it was also understandable. It amazes me how quickly his contribution to our club has been forgotten. I hate to break it to some of you, but his career is far from over. He will improve and play some very good footy for Carlton.
Perhaps ur reading too much into it j - it was karma for his crap behaviour of a few minutes earlier.

Sometimes the obvious answer is correct.

Perhaps ur reading too much into it j - it was karma for his crap behaviour of a few minutes earlier.

Sometimes the obvious answer is correct.

"Crap behaviour?" What game are we playing?

How about the countless examples of Thomas standing up for teammates when playing for the Pies? "Shit human being" is way over the top.

"Crap behaviour?" What game are we playing?
A contact sport, which still has some semblance of moral compass? Ie: don't hit a man when he's already down.

He deserved to be put on his arse, plain and simple. The karma comments are perfectly valid.

I would call hip and shouldering a blinded and winded opponent crap behaviour j - don't get where ur coming from???

The hip and shoulder wouldn't have knocked over a five year old kid jonbe. I think people have been way too harsh on Thomas.

A contact sport, which still has some semblance of moral compass? Ie: don't hit a man when he's already down.

He deserved to be put on his arse, plain and simple. The karma comments are perfectly valid.

It was an amusing incident. Hardly definitive of the existence of karma. I'm sure Ball and Pendles have forgotten all about it.

The hip and shoulder wouldn't have knocked over a five year old kid jonbe. I think people have been way too harsh on Thomas.
It's not the force of the bump j its the principal involved.

If a opponent is blinded and winded a true man will let him be to get his bearings and go again, only the lowest of low dogs harries a wounded man.

It's not the force of the bump j its the principal involved.

If a opponent is blinded and winded a true man will let him be to get his bearings and go again, only the lowest of low dogs harries a wounded man.

With respect jonbe, I think you and others are reading WAY too much into it. As I said, it was an amusing incident and Thomas got put on his arse.

It was an amusing incident. Hardly definitive of the existence of karma. I'm sure Ball and Pendles have forgotten all about it.
Again beside the point j OF COURSE pendles and Ball will have forgotten because it was weak and cowardly enough to be pathetic, but firstly it doesn't mitigate taking advantage of a wounded opponent and secondly it drags down the image of our sport.

I know we live in an Americanized Australia now but I can't imagine a more un-Australian act than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dale Thomas megathread (very bumped, see post #1072)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back