Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t change the fact that they are targeting him. They know the uphill battle they will likely face. If they aren’t willing to part with at least pick 6, then the deal will probably fizzle out.
Clubs wouldn't know what a players contract is without their managers contacting them. IMO, Port Power will renegotiate his contract in the end and offer him what he wants.

The inside mail from a port poster in the know was, he was keen to go back to Victoria to start a family with his girlfriend over there. He did it quietly as he was happy to go back to Port if a deal couldn’t be done.

Saints enquired and were politely told no by Houston’s management, they are all in on Melbourne.

Melbourne apparently have a huge offer on the table $ wise and are willing to pay up trade wise to get the deal done.

On their end Adelaide may end up coughing up their first pick for Oliver and that would be on traded to Port. Or that pick is split into 2 in the teens and both of those traded to Port would be my tip.

Oliver one is interesting and believable.

Leaves Dees with Houston and a F2 for Oliver

Dees split pick 6 (or 5 if St Kilda snare a win) and keep Adelaide’s pick.

Oliver one is interesting and believable.

Leaves Dees with Houston and a F2 for Oliver

Dees split pick 6 and keep Adelaide’s pick.

I doubt Adelaide are giving up a future 2nd as well as their first for Oliver. No chance Port are either imo although possible as we’ll need later picks for father sons.

Maybe 4 (Oliver) + Future 3rd for Houston + future 2nd and then keep pick 6 to draft with too.

I doubt Adelaide are giving up a future 2nd as well as their first for Oliver. No chance Port are either imo although possible as we’ll need later picks for father sons.

Maybe 4 (Oliver) + Future 3rd for Houston + future 2nd and then keep pick 6 to draft with too.

F2 is from Port as part of Houston trade as reported Dees looking for one back.

Would be Dees split pick 6 for 2 picks between 11-15, give those to Port for Houston with a F2 coming back.

Oliver trade is kept seperate

F2 is from Port as part of Houston trade as reported Dees looking for one back.

Would be Dees split pick 6 for 2 picks between 11-15, give those to Port for Houston with a F2 coming back.

Oliver trade is kept seperate

Yeah no chance a future 2nd is coming back if it’s say 11 + 14 which is closer to 14 + 18 after bids.

I think Port would rather just take 6 straight up than split it for say 12 + 14.

4 + Future 3rd
For
Houston + Future 2nd

Works for all though .

Yeah no chance a future 2nd is coming back if it’s say 11 + 14 which is closer to 14 + 18 after bids.

I think Port would rather just take 6 straight up than split it for say 12 + 14.

4 + Future 3rd
For
Houston + Future 2nd

Works for all though .

Just saying what was reported about the F2. Can’t choose which media reports to listen to and which ones to ignore.

Pick 4 wouldn’t be part of it, it’s an independent trade.

Love the throwing Adelaide under the bus here though. Agree highly doubt they give up 4 for Oliver but one can dream.

Been reports a few times Adelaide are still keen on Oliver after making a huge play last year.

Media have reported a couple of times even recently the Adelaide first could be on the table for him (possibly a future 2nd coming back though?)

https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/afl...od-footy-classified/clyxflysm001k0hmcqos8cy69
I wouldn't be surprised at all if there interested in him but I'd be shocked if they coughed up pick 4, unless they got 6 back somehow.

The Oliver contract is just too risky to be giving up early R1s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised at all if there interested in him but I'd be shocked if they coughed up pick 4, unless they got 6 back somehow.

The Oliver contract is just too risky to be giving up early R1s.
Melbourne should be offering pick 6 to take the entire contract of Oliver given what he has shown this year.

Losing all those players will mean they are no longer in the premiership window so why would they want Houston?????
I highly doubt Petracca, Oliver and Viney are leaving. But I still don’t know why they would. Seems like a good time to bring in young talent, so they have a few years’ development with their stars.

Totally agree with you, even though I think they are still there even with a few of them. But have they already committed or gone to far down the round with Houston himself
Doubtful with Gawn and May a year older and close to retirement, you've seen them without Petracca and Oliver (particularly missing) for the 2nd half and then you add Viney then they are closer to bottom 4 then premiership contenders.

Looks like Dees might be out of race

DOUBT CAST ON DEMONS DEAL

THE UNCERTAINTY facing Melbourne's off-season has thrown Dan Houston's move to the Dees into question, with other Victorian clubs expected to enter the race for the Port Adelaide star.

Houston has eyed a return to Victoria, where he has a strong pull back home, in recent months, with Melbourne his fancied landing spot. Rival clubs expected the move to be all but locked in.

However, the Demons' tumble down the ladder out of the finals race, coupled with list uncertainty on superstar midfielder Christian Petracca, has raised doubts over Houston's preference for the Dees.

It is a significant twist that opens the door for other clubs to enter the conversation for Houston if he continues to pursue a move back to Victoria or could even see him end up remaining at Alberton Oval if no club is willing to offer considerable draft capital to make a trade happen

Looks like Dees might be out of race

DOUBT CAST ON DEMONS DEAL

THE UNCERTAINTY facing Melbourne's off-season has thrown Dan Houston's move to the Dees into question, with other Victorian clubs expected to enter the race for the Port Adelaide star.

Houston has eyed a return to Victoria, where he has a strong pull back home, in recent months, with Melbourne his fancied landing spot. Rival clubs expected the move to be all but locked in.

However, the Demons' tumble down the ladder out of the finals race, coupled with list uncertainty on superstar midfielder Christian Petracca, has raised doubts over Houston's preference for the Dees.

It is a significant twist that opens the door for other clubs to enter the conversation for Houston if he continues to pursue a move back to Victoria or could even see him end up remaining at Alberton Oval if no club is willing to offer considerable draft capital to make a trade happen
The irony that the clubs current ineptitude could save it from making more mistakes...

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back