Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

The irony that the clubs current ineptitude could save it from making more mistakes...
I have an idea that trading in anyone good isn’t going to happen unless we wildly overpay. I’m not sure who would want to spend too much time around a pissed off Petracca. If I knew how to drive I would prefer to park the car a long way away from Oliver.

I hope we keep the picks and cross fingers we spend wisely. The alternative is picking up a Chris Dawes type or a Lamumba.

Looks like Dees might be out of race

DOUBT CAST ON DEMONS DEAL

THE UNCERTAINTY facing Melbourne's off-season has thrown Dan Houston's move to the Dees into question, with other Victorian clubs expected to enter the race for the Port Adelaide star.

Houston has eyed a return to Victoria, where he has a strong pull back home, in recent months, with Melbourne his fancied landing spot. Rival clubs expected the move to be all but locked in.

However, the Demons' tumble down the ladder out of the finals race, coupled with list uncertainty on superstar midfielder Christian Petracca, has raised doubts over Houston's preference for the Dees.

It is a significant twist that opens the door for other clubs to enter the conversation for Houston if he continues to pursue a move back to Victoria or could even see him end up remaining at Alberton Oval if no club is willing to offer considerable draft capital to make a trade happen
Melbourne are finally in a realisation they are in a rebuild after "truth" talk this week when Port Power supporters were still clinging to hope of at least pick 6 for Houston despite what has happened lol.

I haven't read this thread, but there's not a Melbourne supporter I know that wants to give a top 10 draft pick for Houston.

Very good player, but not a priority. Go elsewhere.
Well, you're in luck.

Reported on Midweek Tackle just now that he's backed out due to concerns over Melbourne's culture and direction of the club and most likely to stay at Port.

Jay Clarke has reported Port Power did want 2 first rounders in the teens so Melbourne would have had to spilt their pick 6 or just pick 6 and probably their F2. Looks like they wanted to get back to this year's draft and replace Houston with Perryman or Cummings through FA, Melbourne dodged a bullet just like us last year chasing Petty still under contract and coming back from a serious Lisfranc injury.

"Port Adelaide wants two first-round picks for Houston even if they are in the teens.
A single pick inside the top-10 could also get the deal over the line with a sweetener, but it remains unclear how another Melbourne club could get it done."

Two first rounders for Houston.........you have to be ****ing joking.

Talk about a team overvaluing their player.

Ridiculous.
Yeah, it's a bit much. Something around 10 maybe? Even then I don't think Melbourne's in a position to do that with the current goings on at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard Houston did a tour of the Demon's facilities recently.

Oh No Fire GIF

Everyone is worth two first round picks now under contract, it's just the way it is.

When the AFL lets clubs spend picks two or three years in a row, players will suddenly be worth three and four first round pciks.

I see it as a good thing to be honest. Could really accelerate rebuilds of shit teams when clubs in the window flog off 3 firsts for B grade players

Two first rounders for Houston.........you have to be ****ing joking.

Talk about a team overvaluing their player.

Ridiculous.
Mate you rated Houston worth ANB and a second rounder, so i dont think we can rely on your ability to value players.

In any case, draft picks are generally overvalued. How many players picked in the teens end up as good as Houston? Not many.

Probably a win for Melbourne. The word was Melbourne were going to give the 2 first rounders in the teens.

Houston pulls out of going to Melbourne after it looks like their club is an absolute disarray.

It might’ve made sense and Melbourne happy to give the 2 firsts a month or two ago before the club got set on fire internally.

Doesn’t make sense for either party now so the reports of Houston denying Melbourne last night now make a lot more sense.

Probably a win for Melbourne. The word was Melbourne were going to give the 2 first rounders in the teens.

Houston pulls out of going to Melbourne after it looks like their club is an absolute disarray.

It might’ve made sense and Melbourne happy to give the 2 firsts a month or two ago before the club got set on fire internally.

Doesn’t make sense for either party now so the reports of Houston denying Melbourne last night now make a lot more sense.
100% saved from our own stupidity, we arent in the premiership window any longer and need to replenish via the draft. Dan playing against our boring as batshit Goody ball on the weekend was probably a real eye opener for him too.

For me its North Melbourne. Now is the time for them to split pick 2 and turn it into pick 7 and Houston for example

The type of player available at pick 2 doesnt really suit the midfield they are building. Houston will let them move McKercher to the midfield long term also

I dont think North would be too devastated if they go from say Jagga Smith to Harvey Langford

Pick 2,22 and 40 for 7, 12, 20 and 34

12 and 20 to Port for Houston. Pick 7 on Langford/Reid who will likely still be around (1 of them) . Seems a good move for North

For me its North Melbourne. Now is the time for them to split pick 2 and turn it into pick 7 and Houston for example

The type of player available at pick 2 doesnt really suit the midfield they are building. Houston will let them move McKercher to the midfield long term also

I dont think North would be too devastated if they go from say Jagga Smith to Harvey Langford

Pick 2,22 and 40 for 7, 12, 20 and 34

12 and 20 to Port for Houston. Pick 7 on Langford/Reid who will likely still be around (1 of them) . Seems a good move for North
No thanks to Houston. But if we could do that pick trade, yes please.

GoEaglesGoSGIO would like to know what you find funny?
The idea that Houston wouldnt be welcome. You are insane to think he isnt a upgrade on what you have and wouldnt be a huge success

It flows into what I said in other threads. Bulldogs are 8th and fans think the squad is perfect and beyond the need for improvement. Its laughable

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back