Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it strange we don't have a thread because the way the Heraldsun is talking about it, he might be playing for the Dee's by the time two clubs meet in a couple of weeks.

Seems like a brain-dead move from Melbourne to me but what do I know

Thought it strange we don't have a thread because the way the Heraldsun is talking about it, he might be playing for the Dee's by the time two clubs meet in a couple of weeks.

Seems like a brain-dead move from Melbourne to me but what do I know
So do melbourne then look to split pick 9 for a couple of mid to late 1sts and give one of them to port?

So do melbourne then look to split pick 9 for a couple of mid to late 1sts and give one of them to port?
I'd have to assume they would give it straight up given there is no incentive to trade him from Ports perspective. It's pretty odd that he's supposed to be so gettable

He's rumored to be unhappy playing in the backline and wants more midfield. He's their best inside 50 kick this year so he has a reason he should be played in the midfield.

I'd have to assume they would give it straight up given there is no incentive to trade him from Ports perspective. It's pretty odd that he's supposed to be so gettable
Port may be eyeing this draft as a very strong one and are doing another 'wingard' to try and get their man / men. They have form in being bold to try and get their targets

Port may be eyeing this draft as a very strong one and are doing another 'wingard' to try and get their man / men. They have form in being bold to try and get their targets
I for one am looking forward to getting our targets using their picks

Pick 9 for Houston and change I could do. Would throw in Sparrow as steak knives.

2 firsts, you would want a Butters or Rozee coming back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contracted for 3 more years, AA, beautiful kick and mark, top 3 best and fairest last year and will be again this year.
Unless it's massive overs I don't get why port would trade him

Houston and ports future 2nd
For
Pickett and current first

Houston and Pickett probably worth about the same, possibly Pickett more considering age.

Don’t even know how he is part of the conversation anyway.

Pick 9 for Houston and change I could do. Would throw in Sparrow as steak knives.

2 firsts, you would want a Butters or Rozee coming back.

Port would want two high firsts. One being a top 5 minimum.
Alot different to a pick 10 this year (or worse) and another first next year 10 or worse

Taking butters or rozee

Last edited:
Houston and Pickett probably worth about the same, considering Pickett is way younger as well.

Houston has the runs on the board and is elite / AA for his position.
Pickett still has to take that next jump up, jury is still out

Why is he part of the convo? Port will want something substantial, he fits our needs and is a south Aussie. Would expect port to get into his ear

Depends where the club sees themselves with a flag shot
In next year or two while we have Gawn and May.
Do you think with Gawn and May another year older that they could really contend? I don't see the point in trying to top up. You have such a good start on your next gen of players, surely better off building around them then trying to top up. It just has disaster all over it

Do you think with Gawn and May another year older that they could really contend? I don't see the point in trying to top up. You have such a good start on your next gen of players, surely better off building around them then trying to top up. It just has disaster all over it
If it’s only one pick we give up then it’s worth it. 2 firsts and it’s getting to dangerous areas with the list.

Port would want two high firsts. One being a top 5 minimum.
Alot different to a pick 10 this year (or worse) and another first next year 10 or worse

You wot?

We are talking about Dan Houston and not Zak Butters here right?

And the same club who refused to give up anywhere close to that for JHF?

It sounds like Port are desperate to get into the draft and are willing to ship one of their best to do so.

I'd be offering a F1 if I was Melbourne.

Agree, would be burning a lot of draft capital pre-Tasmania to

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back