Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

You wot?

We are talking about Dan Houston and not Zak Butters here right?

And the same club who refused to give up anywhere close to that for JHF?

It sounds like Port are desperate to get into the draft and are willing to ship one of their best to do so.

I'd be offering a F1 if I was Melbourne.

No I was talking about butters

Melbourne don't need a 27 year old back flanker. Why do we need to throw precious draft picks away for a guy that will give us 4 years of service when we're rebuilding? I could understand if he was a key forward, but not a back flanker.

I see Houston as having pretty similar trade value to Dan Rioli in all honesty. Something in the 12-20 range.

Whilst Houston was an AA last year, I know CD and the club data analysts rate Rioli very highly, much higher than the general public

Both will be 28 next year with 3-4 years of good football left. Their values are on the way down for that reason imo.

I like Houston as a player and would give up a first for him in the later half of the round.

But I wouldn’t lose sleep over it if it didn’t happen either. Think we should focus on a younger demographic moving forward. Shits me when clubs toss idiotic draft capital for players because they are the “missing piece”.

If it’s only one pick we give up then it’s worth it. 2 firsts and it’s getting to dangerous areas with the list.
One top 10 pick is very dangerous with where the list is at, any more is straight up negligence IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston and Pickett probably worth about the same, possibly Pickett more considering age.

Don’t even know how he is part of the conversation anyway.
How many AA's does Pickett have? How many AA squads does Pickett have?

Houston for Pickett and pick around 10 is right

How many AA's does Harry Sheezel and Sam Darcy have?
Pickett is 4 years older than Sheezel and 2 years older than Darcy, who is a KPP, as we know generally take longer to develop too. Saying that both Sheezel and Darcy have performed far better than Pickett this year

You wot?

We are talking about Dan Houston and not Zak Butters here right?

And the same club who refused to give up anywhere close to that for JHF?

It sounds like Port are desperate to get into the draft and are willing to ship one of their best to do so.

I'd be offering a F1 if I was Melbourne.
Definitely has a feeling of Port being more than open to it. It sort of makes sense. They have some nice HBFs and getting back into the draft could be a thing for them

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back