Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I won't compare him to Adelaide players because I'm sure that I'm too biased to do that honestly. The fact that you think he is 10x better than who you consider Adelaide's best player shows that you are probably also not capable of doing that. So I don't think we should count that one.
I actually didn't say that. I said in the position nicks is playing him atm.

Whatever his value was, it's just dropped.
Hasn't dropped one iota. He's a very good player that would lift every team if acquired.

Now the shambles that is Melbourne FC is out of the running, which other Vic clubs would Dan suit that could also get a trade done. The latter rules out a number of clubs.

This will be an interesting watch given he's contracted

Port has renewed interest in Pickett.
Wonder if there's a 3 way deal around if dan no longer wants melb

I cant see how Melbourne can afford to let Pickett go this off-season.

I don't think a club will give up two first round picks (maybe the last two picks) for Dan so I think a three club deal or something involving players is the most likely outcome.

I cant see how Melbourne can afford to let Pickett go this off-season.

I don't think a club will give up two first round picks (maybe the last two picks) for Dan so I think a three club deal or something involving players is the most likely outcome.

If Kysaiah says he would like to return to SA and declares Port, like allegedly Dan has with returning to Victoria then Melbourne don't have much of a choice regardless of how Simon Goodwin wants to be a prick.

Works both ways. Can't have Vic media etc saying Houston wants to return home and Port should allow him to do so whilst not liking or accepting that Kozzy would perhaps like to do the same.

If it ain't Melbourne, I have no idea what Vic side would pay the high price for a half-back, as good as he is. Western Bulldogs maybe if they have the cap space. He'd be a great fit for North Melbourne but would he want to go there? And if you're North you aren't touching pick 2 or next year's first for him so ???

Geelong and Hawks tied up in other players. Not right for Collingwood or Essendon. It would cost Carlton a good player one would think. Would cost Saints the Battle compensation but maybe they'd do it.

If it ain't Melbourne, I have no idea what Vic side would pay the high price for a half-back, as good as he is. Western Bulldogs maybe if they have the cap space. He'd be a great fit for North Melbourne but would he want to go there? And if you're North you aren't touching pick 2 or next year's first for him so ???

Geelong and Hawks tied up in other players. Not right for Collingwood or Essendon. It would cost Carlton a good player one would think. Would cost Saints the Battle compensation but maybe they'd do it.
Only clubs in Victoria that are viable in deals, are Saints, Melbourne and maybe Carlton.

Carlton IMO need someone like Houston and would be a massive increase in their play next season.

As for deals, Saints have Nasaih Wanganeen-Milera that's from SA and include a 3rd rounder.

Melbourne have Kysaiah Pickett plus need at least a 2nd or 3rd pick

Carlton, well, only thing I can think of is their 1st round pick which is either #10 or #11 ? And Ashton Moir plus maybe future 2nd or 3rd.

Dunno.

Houston would fit any club and provide lots of opportunities. Especially teams with strong forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only clubs in Victoria that are viable in deals, are Saints, Melbourne and maybe Carlton.

Carlton IMO need someone like Houston and would be a massive increase in their play next season.

As for deals, Saints have Nasaih Wanganeen-Milera that's from SA and include a 3rd rounder.

Carlton, well, only thing I can think of is their 1st round pick which is either #10 or #11 ? And Ashton Moir plus maybe future 2nd or 3rd.

Dunno.

Houston would fit any club and provide lots of opportunities. Especially teams with strong forward line.
You are absolutely dreaming with these.

Carlton the only borderline chance, if they think Houston fills a very specific need and their window is the 2-3 years they would get out of Houston.

I'd have NWM or Kozzie over Dirty Dan any day of the week.

I know it sounds silly because we're not some sort of dynasty team or anything, but I really just don't see us needing Houston. Minor upgrade on Newman in the same role, got some good kids coming through at half back too and we always have Saad, plus Williams if we needed him back there.

Feel like we just have other list holes we should be addressing before forking out coin and picks for a player like Houston (even though he's a very good player)

Port has renewed interest in Pickett.
Wonder if there's a 3 way deal around if dan no longer wants melb
Considering Pickett is already a better player than Houston and is actually a match winner, yet is 5 years younger, there is simply nothing that Port have that could get this deal done. Nothing at all.

Considering Pickett is already a better player than Houston and is actually a match winner, yet is 5 years younger, there is simply nothing that Port have that could get this deal done. Nothing at all.
They could retain Dan AND somehow get Kozzie, call them the Bash Brothers.

Big issues at your club, if he comes out and ask for a trade then you may not have a choice but work a deal or 3 way deal

Big issues at your club, if he comes out and ask for a trade then you may not have a choice but work a deal or 3 way deal

His manager told the club he is staying today. Jon Ralph reported it so this is moot.

Pickett isn’t going anywhere except Darwin (should a team ever form there) and doesn’t consider SA as “home”.

Dunno.

Carlton named as interested, by Cal Twomey. We wouldn’t pay anything like what you want, F1 or I’d say we’d be out.

His manager told the club he is staying today. Jon Ralph reported it so this is moot.

Pickett isn’t going anywhere except Darwin (should a team ever form there) and doesn’t consider SA as “home”.

He doesn't consider SA as home? Says who exactly? He grew up there and also in WA. He has family in both states and was a part of the Port District playing before the draft.

You've got the IQ of a potato.

As mentioned, if Kozzy states he's open to leaving then it goes from there. Still plenty of time to go before the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back