Dandenong's Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if that Sareth was alright, he's replacing the probably the best player and certainly the best wingman in the league until injury last year. How did he compare to Black?

Dont really know but Black was super fit for a start and his follow work was second to none, plus he had big marking power and could play anywhere also, Sareth has ability no doubt but hard to compare him against Black very hard but Black at this point far superior player.

Yes interesting indeed i was expecting Joose to be a picture of fitness did he even do a pre-season.

Drew what a joke if he was so dominant why did the cockroach of Dandy throw the Big Show in the ruck.:eek:

Probably becuase it was a practice match and big show is the best player in Div 3 by a county kilometer. if hes knee holds up, big chance to kick 150 goals this year, although the boys in the midfield have to get it to him.... :(

Probably becuase it was a practice match and big show is the best player in Div 3 by a county kilometer. if hes knee holds up, big chance to kick 150 goals this year, although the boys in the midfield have to get it to him.... :(
Even when the great Cass himself graced Div 3,06 with the mid field he had supplying him,he just got the ton so if Big Show is to kick 150 he would go down in history as the greatest Div 3 player of all time.

Even when the great Cass himself graced Div 3,06 with the mid field he had supplying him,he just got the ton so if Big Show is to kick 150 he would go down in history as the greatest Div 3 player of all time.

i would hardly say Parkmores midfield was awesome. big show may well be the best div.3 player of all time, as long as Hendo doesnt get in his way

Also with the likes of Ben Sommers at his feet this year, he will be make to look good..!! A good source tells me that Ben Sommers racked up at least 30 in the first praccy match....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also with the likes of Ben Sommers at his feet this year, he will be make to look good..!! A good source tells me that Ben Sommers racked up at least 30 in the first praccy match....

after speaking to the man in question over the weekend, it was interesting to hear him say that after 5 weeks, the wing at greaves reserve will be know as "Sommer Bay" if he keeps racking the possies up

Is The facts are simple Dandy have recruited very well .

Is that more important than a) appoiniting a good coach b) ensuring the return of your loyal players/members, c) and the help of your volunteers? Recruiting is important yes, but at what cost??? Well done anyhow. I think!

from Springvale, two of which are 6ft 5 and we all know these types of players don't grow on trees
Thank God, I hate playing against those damn Gorilla's? The 6ft 3 are bad though.

The facts are a week after these players signed at Dandy an article coinicidently appears in the journal of which Springvale coach is an employee, stating that dandy are not financial. The fact is the club has never been in a stronger position. You can all draw your own conclusion but it seems as a severe case of sour grapes.

OK, you've said FACTS about 4 or more times... I undertand you're a person who likes facts. Here's a no-brainer for you...

THE FACTS ARE... a club that envisages any sort of long term viability in the future will look past the almighty dollar as it's means of proper recruitment.

Real club success comes from real club culture. It breeds success!

It breeds community and family envolvement, it breeds volunteers, it breeds ownership within your club, it breeds respect, it breeds loyalty. And most of all it breeds Friendship.

And all of those things are free, until you upset the apple cart.

As they say with cash... easy come easy go. Just like to flogs who ask for it.

Now don't get me wrong here, I know it's not easy for the clubs. I know how many raffle tickets and beer sales it takes to kepp clubs afloat... league affiliation fees, insurances, electricity, gas blah blah.

...but what I don't get is why is it that most players across various leagues (and there are heaps in the SFL) just play for the love of playing (and maybe picking up a Pizza award)

Yet for the tools who think that they penis' are bigger than their Aunties... CRAP.

And to the club Committee's who think they're doing the right thing BUY their club, think again...

What's more important, a 12 month sojourn or an Historical Journey.

I'd rather send my boy to a club where he can look up to a 250-300 game player than a 250-300 dollar player!

STUFF big name recruits, build BIG NAMES from within!

Is that more important than a) appoiniting a good coach b) ensuring the return of your loyal players/members, c) and the help of your volunteers? Recruiting is important yes, but at what cost??? Well done anyhow. I think!

Thank God, I hate playing against those damn Gorilla's? The 6ft 3 are bad though.

OK, you've said FACTS about 4 or more times... I undertand you're a person who likes facts. Here's a no-brainer for you...

THE FACTS ARE... a club that envisages any sort of long term viability in the future will look past the almighty dollar as it's means of proper recruitment.

It breeds community and family envolvement, it breeds volunteers, it breeds ownership within your club, it breeds respect, it breeds loyalty. And most of all it breeds Friendship.

Now don't get me wrong here, I know it's not easy for the clubs. I know how many raffle tickets and beer sales it takes to kepp clubs afloat... league affiliation fees, insurances, electricity, gas blah blah.

...but what I don't get is why is it that most players across various leagues (and there are heaps in the SFL) just play for the love of playing (and maybe picking up a Pizza award)

Yet for the tools who think that they penis' are bigger than their Aunties... CRAP.

And to the club Committee's who think they're doing the right thing BUY their club, think again...

I'd rather send my boy to a club where he can look up to a 250-300 game player than a 250-300 dollar player!

well said cat - you seem to make alot of sense later at night!! What happened to playing footy for the love of the game and playing with your mates? it's becoming increasingly alarming the amount of money some blokes are recieving it's allmost a second job for some guys. :cool:

well said cat - you seem to make alot of sense later at night!! What happened to playing footy for the love of the game and playing with your mates? it's becoming increasingly alarming the amount of money some blokes are recieving it's allmost a second job for some guys. :cool:

Have to agree with you both here. I come from an ammo background where players played for the jumper and with there mates (at my club anyway) it created the best feeling and atmosphere around the place. Played in 1 flag and a couple of runners up. Would not swap the flag and that feeling. We had plenty of blokes who could get dollars at most clubs at the time.

Too many guys these days think they are worth money when clearly they are not, have told a couple of blokes this (possible recruits) and they dont like it one bit. Sometimes you have to make these decisions now so it is better for the future. I know if you go up grades you need to pay players but we wont be paying anyone at Skye this year and that is fact.

Totally agree pussy cat, building a culture and loyalty is the key to long term success, it might take a few years to win the holy grail but the long term stability of a Club should always over ride the short term gain.Play for your mates and wear the jumper with pride.

Well said guys but a couple of points as this is about Dandy paying players . Club success from club culture Dandy have never won a flag in there seniors so that is that why they stuggle of ground ? They have been trying to be family orrientated club but have failed and when it comes to the local community can anyone say what Dandy do towards it ? (probably unfair comment as most clubs do actually nothing !)It builds respect in your club your the Dandy boys are proud,proud to be playing with each other on a saturday as are most clubs, loyalty well thats a hard one when your paying exsisting player's because if you dont they would go! Difficult to see which way there culture is going !
The Cat points out about a good coach I believe there last coach (and coaching staff) was very good as he tried to get guys enjoying there football and thus there club,also had player's returning to the club and always had good report with players and also got Dandy alot of players and to top it off was unlucky as looking at Dandy results last 2 years they missed out by 1 game 06 and half game last season.Check out the clearance's alot of players moving on to other clubs ( which is the norm when coachs move) I wonder how well he might of done with the springy boys coming down this season had he kept his job !!

Well said guys but a couple of points as this is about Dandy paying players . Club success from club culture Dandy have never won a flag in there seniors so that is that why they stuggle of ground ? They have been trying to be family orrientated club but have failed and when it comes to the local community can anyone say what Dandy do towards it ? (probably unfair comment as most clubs do actually nothing !)It builds respect in your club your the Dandy boys are proud,proud to be playing with each other on a saturday as are most clubs, loyalty well thats a hard one when your paying exsisting player's because if you dont they would go! Difficult to see which way there culture is going !
The Cat points out about a good coach I believe there last coach (and coaching staff) was very good as he tried to get guys enjoying there football and thus there club,also had player's returning to the club and always had good report with players and also got Dandy alot of players and to top it off was unlucky as looking at Dandy results last 2 years they missed out by 1 game 06 and half game last season.Check out the clearance's alot of players moving on to other clubs ( which is the norm when coachs move) I wonder how well he might of done with the springy boys coming down this season had he kept his job !!
Just a thought what would happen if Dandy didn't make the 4 with their line up,just think about it Mt Wav,Cant,Skye,Dovet Eagles and Dandy 5 into 4 wont go and Cerberus and Sth Yarra might have a say in proceedings yet.Interesting times in Div 3 with the possiblity of 4 or 5 centuary goal kickers amazzzzzing.

i can tell u now that the boys from springy that went to dandy r twos ******s.big show and kempie go alright.i play 4 the beena and played against sommers and little and if they dont where nappies to bed i will go he!

Interesting to note Jayde Handfield heading back to Dandy ,how many clubs is this now Dandy to Parkmore,Parkmore to Belgrave,Belgrave to Black Rock and that was a stuff up as it was and now back to Dandy when will clubs learn.You wonder why you don't have any loyalty when you keep recycling players that walk for $.Good luck suckers.:(

Interesting to note Jayde Handfield heading back to Dandy ,how many clubs is this now Dandy to Parkmore,Parkmore to Belgrave,Belgrave to Black Rock and that was a stuff up as it was and now back to Dandy when will clubs learn.You wonder why you don't have any loyalty when you keep recycling players that walk for $.Good luck suckers.:(

dont know who you are but from all words im thinking your a heck HEAD..... get over it mate
i probably get a red card ah well who gives a heck:D:D:D

and no its not in reference to the above statement its about all of them:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Dandenong's Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back