News Dane Swan signs for 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Now they want Reid. Saywhat!

they are going to nibble at anyone on our team with a pulse

we will lose someone...... a blair,a Young,maybe a wood...we just need to keep drafting and recruiting like we have been for the past 5 years,especially in the rookie draft.We were also very fortunate with all the retirements this year and Fraser and Anthony moving on that our salary cap didnt burst

The good news is, in 5-8 years it will turn around full circle and a large % Of the Victorian stars who got drafted to GWS will want to go home.We will be in a good position to pick them off.

If comments like these don't bring a smile to your face (or your heart), then there's something wrong with you.:D:D

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport.../story-e6frepf6-1226026384080?from=public_rss

"I feel very honoured they want me for that long and just rapt it's all over and done with and I can just get on with playing footy for Collingwood," he said.
"I love the footy club ... a lot of my best friends are here and I live just around the corner ... there's nowhere else I'd want to be.
"I promise you I wasn't (in talks with GWS). Whether they spoke to my manager or not, I honestly didn't know anything about it ... it was really never an option of me leaving."

And a typical Dane Swan response to whether Thomas and Pendles will stay also;

"I left lots of room in the salary cap so there's plenty of money there for them. It's up to them ... they've got a bigger decision than me because they're a lot younger and they've got a lot more to go in their careers than me."I feel very honoured they want me for that long and just rapt it's all over and done with and I can just get on with playing footy for Collingwood," he said.

Cmon now, you have to love Swanny.

With the veteran's list changes, Swanny is eligible after 10 years which is at the beginning of season 2012.

I expect that Taz will be put on the veteran's list also, so that, I suspect, spells the last years for BJ Honeycut and Leon.

On that basis, I'm guessing that Buckley might get a fair old amount of game time this year - form permitting.

I'm sure Mick will give Leon and BJ first dibs at the start of the season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Buckley feature early.

Old Spice,

I think will be from 2013 actually if my maths is correct.

Swan started in 2003 so 2011 will be yr 9, then 2012 will be yr 10, then eligible for veteran's list ....

Stand corrected of course.

Old Spice,

I think will be from 2013 actually if my maths is correct.

Swan started in 2003 so 2011 will be yr 9, then 2012 will be yr 10, then eligible for veteran's list ....

Stand corrected of course.

I think it'as the year you enter the list, not the year you debut. We got him in 2001 draft, so would have been on the list for 2002.

Says the bloke who on the main board wrote something along the lines of, "threw up this morning when I heard Swan re-signed".

Seriously, you should be embarrassed with such comments.

I said I was spewing (not literally throwing up) it was about Swan and not Pendlebury.

What does that have to do with being right about Swan not leaving? I was right wasn't I?

Nice way to twist my words genius. I'm happy Swan re-signed, but I already knew Swan wasn't going. So when I read about a Pie signing I was HOPING it was Pendles because I'm worried we could lose him. I don't think we'll lose Thomas.

See the difference now?

Don't hold Ed accountable for what he posts!

Just like Aker he knows not what he does

/sarcasm

Fantastic stuff getting swanny to sign back on, two more to go now

Maybe read my post before commenting. He decided to twist my words for whatever reason. He made it sound like I didn't want Swan to re-sign, which is bizarre because I have no reason to feel that way.

I think it'as the year you enter the list, not the year you debut. We got him in 2001 draft, so would have been on the list for 2002.

Old Spice,

haha, we are both wrong !!!

Veterans list rules...

Veteran Players

Under AFL player rules, each club may nominate or list any number of what are called Veteran Player’s.
  • In order to be eligible for classification as a Veteran a player must have been the age of 30 as at September 30 in the relevant AFL season and be on the primary list of the AFL club for at least 10 years or in the case of Port Adelaide since the inception of the club.
ex ... http://www.afl.com.au/about/tabid/13532/default.aspx

Dane was born 25.2.84 which means he will not turn 30 until during the 2014 season... so it will be after this contract that he just signed.

That would just about make it certain that Swan will be a pie for life.

Cheers

Old Spice,

Veterans list rules...

Veteran Players

Under AFL player rules, each club may nominate or list any number of what are called Veteran Player’s.
  • In order to be eligible for classification as a Veteran a player must have been the age of 30 as at September 30 in the relevant AFL season and be on the primary list of the AFL club for at least 10 years or in the case of Port Adelaide since the inception of the club.

Dane was born 25.2.84 which means he will not turn 30 until during the 2014 season... so it will be after this contract that he just signed.

Cheers
They're changing that rule next year when free agency comes in. Pretty sure it is 10 years on the list too, not since their debut.

Old Spice,

Veterans list rules...

Veteran Players

Cheers

So Jolly can't go on our veteran's list, but Tarrant can then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vets list changes.

When the AFL announced that Free Agency would commence in 2012 at included a change to the veterans list rule.

"The Veterans List allowance will be amended to apply to players with 10 years service at one club and will be based on a set amount of TPP per player calculated as a percentage of TPP". Article link for your reference http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=89810

Swanny has 10 years service up this year but the new vets list allowance doesn't come in until end of 2012.

Swanny is on vets list in 2013 but the benefit has changed. I don't think 50% of salary goes into the cap rather a % of TPP is deducted from the players salary for cap purposes.

I've also asked AFL for clarification some time ago. No answer yet.

eg. if the % is 5% of TPP. TPP=$8,000,000 (ie $400,000 per player on vets list doesn't get included in cap) Also looks to be unlimited players instead of just the 2 that qualify.

Therefore if we had both Didak & Swan on vets list in 2013 their salary less $400,000 is included in the cap. Possible Taz still on our list as well.

D.Swan=GUN!!!!!!!

No suprise, he was never gonna leave and he made that clear late last season but the media have to write articles in order to make money, so they were writing bull shit. Thomas deffs wont go, no chance in the world. Out of the three Pendles is most likley but he wont go as well. Very confident becuase they have all came out and said they dont want to go anywhere else and historicaly when players say that they sign with their current club. So Magpie fans enjoy laughing at Sheedy when all three sign for us and he looks like a total goose.

Reid is contracted until the end of season 2012.

If his form and rise continues, he will be offered a very healthy pay rise. He will remain a magpie too IMO. Brown and Reid are the twin towers of defence for the next decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dane Swan signs for 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back